Monroe piercing, hot or not?

Alrighty. So I want a Monroe piercing! :) I think they are really cool. But, I look really girly. I have my nose pierced and my ears. I want a monroe, but I don't want to look like I'm trying to be anyone else. or trying to look main-stream/punk or Emo. If I got a Monroe, would I still maintain my girly facial features, or would I look tough? I obviously know that it's what I want in the end, but I want some opinions on what you think about Monroe piercings, and would I look good with it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want the piercing then get the piercing and just because you have one, it's not going to make you look like a punk or emo. If you don't listen to that type of music or dress that way then you are not one. Personally I don't like that type of piercing esp the one where people get the ball instead or a little diamond but it's your face. You already have a piercing on the nose so depending if you can pull it off your just going to have to try it out. what I would do is put a fake one there for a while to see if you like it that's what I do with tatttos that I'm not sure of I put a fake one, wear it for a while, and if I like to wear it for the rest of my life then I get it, if I don't like it, no harm done.

What Guys Said 1

• Unless you are absolutely sure that your life long career goal is to be in the food service industry, do not do it. Piercing and tattoos close the door to many career opportunities on what might have been a road to success. Nobody -- not even your closest friends -- will tell you that to your face, but it is true. Even tiny body art that is only visible when you are at the swimming pool is a career killer. I would not marry a girl with her face pierced and how many guys feel like I do? I know a young woman who was very pretty and sweet. She had a Monroe. Now, she just looks cheap.

What Girls Said 5

• I have a suggestion on how to tell if YOU think it'll look good. Take a pen, and mark your face where you'd get it done. Look in a mirror, ask a friend you trust, whatever, and you'll have your answer. It looks good on certain people, provided you get an appropriate stud.

You said you have your nose pierced and if you have a small delicate stud for that piercing, then get a small delicate stud for the monroe. A small diamond would be my first suggestion.

Hope this helps.

• :) thanks.

I do have a small delicate stud for my nose, I think that a small one for the monroe would look really cute. I just don't want to end up "ruining my looks" .. thank you

• It's the same thing I tell everyone who asks me if a certain piercing would look good on them. That way you can visualize what it'll look like without spending the money for it.

• I personally LOVE monroe piercing! I think if a girl has a face to pull it off then it looks stunning. I think you'd still maintain your girly features by getting this piercing. In terms of it looking good, yeah I am sure it will look pretty good. The important thing is that its what you want based on your own mind set rather then someone else's (hopefully :D)

• :D

thanks.

i think I'm going to get it done :)

i looove them.

• Yea lots of my friend had them this year and they still looked girly it doesn't change a person I think they look pretty tho.I might consider getting one myself but na it don't change appearances it depends how you dress up too.

• i have min done (just got it!)

my style isn't punk or anything, its actaully vintage, odd mix but I look great

• I think you are pretty as it is, I think a piercing that "out in the open" would take away from you beauty. I am not a fan of piercings except in the ear anyway. And are you still going to want it 20 years from now? Probably not and there probably will be a small hole there where you had it. But fi you really have your heart set on doing it, go for it.

• You can always take a piercing out. It will heal, but MIGHT leave a slight scar. It's not lke a tattoo where it's there and not going away without lazer removal.