I feel insecure because my boyfriend is TOO good looking!

What can I do to overcome these feelings? he's the hottest/sexiest guy I've ever seen and everyone agrees with me on this! so of course all of the girls are always staring at him and all over him, it's f***ing annoying! I feel like he's more likely to cheat than someone who's not that attractive just cause there's more temptation (girls pretty much throw them selves at him, he doesn't need to move a finger) I know I'm pretty but there's prettier girls out there, and I'm afraid he will find someone better, like funnier or more attractive or smarter, I don't know I'm terrified... how could I ever find someone like him again? it's like I feel so happy to be with him, but at the same time I'm scared to death.. I don't know what to do :(

I forgot to mention, I'm his first gf..

Most Helpful Girl

• that's happened to me before. girls coming up to my boyfriend and just giving him their numbers.. it really felt like I was gonna lose him to a prettier girl. what I did was built up my self confidence to the max when I was with him, totally ignored all the other girls and just noticed the little things he did for me that I thought that he would stay with me for. it worked and I didn't get jealous of the girls or afraid of losing him, and I really made an effort too by being a brill girlfriend. I ended up breaking up with him though, because he flirted back with the girls. so if your guy does that, he's not worth it and just remember that. :)

• Well he doesn't flirt back because he's more of an introverted type of guy, he keeps more to himself.. but still I feel girls are always going to try and steal him from me.. like I have to be super careful all the time :( but you're right about me having to built my self steem to the max because otherwise I'm going to be paranoid all day and not really enjoy the relationship.. it's just so hard though, I just wish he was ugly so everyone would leave him the hell alone hehe

• Honestly, if he was ugly, would you be with him in the first place?

What Guys Said 4

• sounds like science fiction. these godlike men that have women flocking under their feet... .

• i get that too when i date a girl. women will stare at me and then i have to explain to my date that i don't know them. to be honest, i just want to be loved.

• can you put a picture of him?

• You are right attractive people have more partners, more sex, and experiement more. If he is your equal ie he likes you for who you are then be yourself, be confident, happy, make him want to be with you. If you become insecure, clingy, controlling, worry about him cheating it will make you more unattractive, undesirable, and you will end up pushing him into another realtionship or girl etc...

You can't make him want you, want to be with you or want a long term relationship...enjoy the time you have with each other, enjoy the moment don't worry about what could happen, it may or may not happen, no point in worring about it, and you might find their are things about him which are not so great, time will tell, be carefree, happy go lucky, smile, be happy, and the most important thing is to have fun...

What Girls Said 3

• I think that you need to trust him, and show him that you are the best he is gonna get.

If you are confident in yourself and don't show your problems with this, he won't even notice the other girls.

But if you constantly show insecurities about it, you will just drive him away.

• ...You have no reason to feel insecure, after all he chose you among all the other girls...That means that you're special in his eyes...You should begin trusting him more, it's obvious that he is not the player type of guy...Boost your self confidence more, and don't ever show him that you're jealous because there is a chance to be driven away because of your low self esteem...Just trust him and if you notice that he is flirting back with the other girls, then it's time to have a talk with him.

• I have a boyfriend like that too. . . actually he's not just "good looking" . . . if you made him a girl he'd still be better looking than i am in a million ways. People would rather talk to him than to me. People would always comment how waayyy more attractive he is. And yes the stares the girls would give him. I just feel so insecure being by his side. My personality isn't that great too. I just don't know why he liked me and i know for sure it's not my looks. And yes it is kind of hard to build myself up since. . . i really am not that attractive.

But as advices go and like the other commenters said, having to feel good about yourself and to be more confident is the answer to our problems.

p. s. I don't know when this was posed but i hope you and your boyfriend are doing well.