Why are most people just average looking?

just asking...

Most Helpful Guy

• Average is relative.

Imagine all the guys looked like a variation of Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Richard Gere, Alec Baldwin, etc; and all the women looked like a variation on Halle Berry, Maria Menounos, Megan Fox, Eva Mendes, etc.

Now; perhaps if it were a more level playing field in looks, we might become a society that bases decisions more on personality and behavior. But perhaps not. We would probably still rate people on looks and appearance; the standards might change a little, but otherwise, we'd still have "average" people, even if those people looked by our current standards, spectacular.

A lot of people think that a friend's child is either my little sister, or, on occasion, my daughter. Others think I look nothing like her (though admittedly, most people do). I don't see it, except for perhaps the hair color. There are different opinions that shape how we perceive someone, even physically. It's probably because I play with the kid and tease, and act like a big brother, and take the hair color, and boom, we must be related. So people perceive us to look more like each other than we actually do.

My point is that sometimes there are different variables that make people perceive that "average" is.

My "average," will not be your "average." You might like Pamela Lee types, and I may not. I may think the smart chicks make them hotter, and you might not.

So many average people... that's hard to define. You might live in the richest area of California, (someplace that seems to be all about outward appearance.) and ask the same question.

What Girls Said 11

• Genetics?

• Because if everyone was beautiful then no one would be beautiful because everyone looks the same. Beauty is special. There are two ends of the spectrum, some a few people are very ugly, while are few people are stunningly beautiful, then most people are in between. Its all subjective but that's just the way it is.

• Well... One person may be average looking in your eyes, and extremely attractive to someone else... It's so subjective. But if it weren't, we'd all be fighting for the same 5 guys and girls, right?

• Because... whatever is most common is the average? If we went back to the time before soap was invented we'd all be perfect 10s.

• Nope in the meddle age people still had looks but everybody was dirty who know of clean?

to day if you have good feature nice cloths and sopa you have a shoot

let me ask you do you find a machine good look dirty ?

• Fun fact: There have been studies done that show people are getting more attractive over time. Bigger population with more attractive people, we live in bigger communities so we're exposed to them constantly and get higher standards, blah blah blah... Basically, our opinions of what is "average" are changing as we see more.

I'm a nerd. I talk too much. I know.

• I don't think that's true but everyone has their own opinion...

• Because otherwise no one could be ugly or beautiful

• Its average because that is the average.

• Average = not extremely amazing, but decent enough

• that is the definition of average right...what most people look like.

• to each his own though, right?

• It's called "average" because most people look that way.

What Guys Said 7

• Because that's the definition of "average."

• Know something dude, there is more to life than being really, really, really ridiculously good looking.

• I've been called beautiful and even gorgeous by women, does that mean I'm average? How a man can be both beautiful and gorgeous is a mystery to me, but it happens.

• Start smiling in your pictures, don't wear black, and take care of yourself more...that way you won't be so average looking ;)

• Yep ;) listen "dark-y"I had enough of your malercky lol and I like being scruffy a little so I wash my face with hair so I'm clean also black is a elegant color.

damn I''m disappointed I was expecting A funny reply from you!

• No funny response, but I did get the troll to respond with a defense, so I'd say that was pretty successful.

• What is average? Everyone can give you a different answer because being "average" is subject to an extent.

• Anybody who's not attracting large % to women/men

hight cheek bone

fuller lips

things like which are lacking a little more

• It's all subjective. What you may think is average, maybe considered hot/sexy to someone else.

• its OK man , some girls will like you for your personality and not your average looks.