Is being called "exotic" a compliment?

What do people, whether it is guys or girls, mean by when they tell you that you have an exotic look?

is that a compliment?

my mom is spanish, Mexican... my dad is Brazilian, German, Italian, and a tad bit Irish..but he looks more Brazilian than anything...

and I look more on the white side with honey brown curly hair, green/brown/yellow hazel eyes, and guys say I have a light caramel colored skin tone...whatever that means...

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be but if you hear it too often it can get to be boring and kinda lame. like they can't come up with anything better or don't have any clue that people out there look certain ways and the look may just be NORMAL in their culture. After a while it can just make you think like he has no clue about other cultures.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes its a compliment ;) it's cute to come up with different and interesting words to complement each other with than the same ol same ol, ya know?

What Girls Said 3

• I would take it as a compliment! I'm 100% Brazilian, and I take the comment of being "exotic" to be a compliment. More power to you ;)

• it is a good thing

• yeah its saying you look pretty but in a different way. usually mixed girls get it