You make eye contact, and the girl quickly looks away?

What does it mean if I make eye contact with a girl and she quickly looks away? It doesn't appear to be playful either, almost as if she's trying to avoid it...is that an accurate assessment of the situation?

Most Helpful Girl

• It just means that she's shy.. I do this all the time... I think I'm scared to be caught staring back at you.. For some reason, I always think in my head that the guy is just accidentsly looking at me, and I convince myself to look away so that I don't face huge embarrasment if he's not looking at me because he likes me.. lol. Its usually the shyer girls that do this, a more outgoing girl will stare back if she likes you.. With a shy girl though, just keep looking at her ( not to the point that she gets creeprd out), smile and glance at her, eventually she'll get the hint that you're watching her on purpose.. Hopefully I helped! :)

What Girls Said 4

• I'm a little ashamed to be caught staring. That's what it means when I do it.

• She might like you but be too shy! =p Next time she sees you, give her a kind smile...see what happens!

• Eye contact is intimidating to a lot of people and can mean many things. If you catch her looking at you a lot, she probably thinks you're cute. If you know her and catch her looking at you and she looks away when you see, she is very possibly into you, and likes you. Try holding eye contact with her for a few seconds. If she does this, go talk to her sometime.

• what's the situation?

What Guys Said 1

• depends, maybe she has a crush on you or she doesn't like you at all.