Why do girls wear T-shirt over their bikinis?

Not all, but I see some girls at swimming pools wear t-shirts over their bikini. If it was a colored t-shirt I would understand that it covers you up, but most of them wear white t-shirt which is see though when wet anyways.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they just want to cover up a bit more,but not too much.Yeah it might be see through,but it's still another article of clothing.And then the whole getting burnt thing as well...:)

• i get the whole covering up thing. although why wear a bikini if your just gonna cover it up? and what's "its just another piece of clothing" got to do with the fact that its see through...plus, haven't you heard of a thing called sun tan? lol

• "Its just another piece of clothing" means even though it's see through,its still assisting with one wanting to be covered up...its an add-on to their bikini..."another piece of clothing." You made it sound as though you think irrelevant that they are wearing the Tshirt because it's see through. Also,not everyone wants to get a sun tan...YOU get a suntan.lol... I'm just giving probable explanations.People do what they want.Gotta go answer more questions.

What Girls Said 6

• So I don't get burned (or I'm already burned xP). That and when I was little I was told that pool water messed up colored shirts, now I don't know it that's true or not, I don't think it is, but I don't want to test it with my clothes xD

• I wear t-shirts sometimes so that I don't get burnt ...and white tshirts reflect the light

• to cover up imperfections. like a hairy stomach (gross) or an extra roll of fat.

and a wet t-shirt stuck to your body is sexy isn't it? that's what I was told :S

and wearing a t-shirt over bikinis looks much more attractive than a swimming shirt

• it's cover up

• because we don't wanna get sunburt and white matches everything

• either I wear a t-shirt because I don`t wanna get burnt or I wear it just for fun because I like the feeling of having the wet shirt sticking on me

What Guys Said 1

• may not be the smartest but girls, why not just put sun tan on? lol. if your scared of burns...