Should I go slutty just for a week?

i thought it would be funny to dress slutty for the first week of school. I just wanna see what happens.

according to this site if a girl dresses slutty then lots of guys will hit on her but be creeps and a lot of girls will get jealous and start being nasty to her.

i wanna put that theory to the test. after the first week of school I'll go back to dressing normally and I won't do anything with any guys who hit on me so that people know I'm not actually a slut.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't do it at the school you go to. If you can visit a relative out of town or something, do it then. It's actually pretty interesting. I went through a transitional period from my plain tomboyish days to who I am now and wondered what it was like for the "hot" slightly slutty girls who got a lot of attention. I was young and naive so I decided to try that hat on for size. BTW I did not hook up with guys in any form except for a few kisses here and there, I just flirted, and dressed slutty. Do you want me to just tell you so you don't have to go through it?

First, the initial attention you get is pretty blatant. If you're not used to being mobbed with attention and compliments it may become addictive like a high. Guys will suck up to you, yet talk sh*t behind your back. You will attract other slutty girls who wanna piggy back off your attention, but most girls will look down on you and hate you (sometimes openly, others behind your back). You'll attract A LOT of creeps and disrespect. Guys will give you a lot more attention but it won't be the good attention because it's mainly sexually based and not about you.

If you try your experiment at school, you'll ruin your rep. People judge harshly and don't change their opinions. If you APPEAR to be a slut, you are one and will probably be considered one at least until you graduate. If you go slutty and don't oblige the guys who want to hook up, you will be target for abuse. Yes, people will spread rumors about you, you'll get backlash from guys who felt entitled to have sex with you because you are a slut, but now that you denied them you will be considered even worse than a slut. You could be set up for retaliatory sexual assault/rape. If you think I'm exaggerating, I'm not. Men don't like sluts but who they hate are slutty women who turn them down. Consider carrying a weapon?

What Guys Said 11

• You'll probably never be able to avoid the reputation yu'll get for at least a year even if you never dress that way again!

• Should be an interesting experiment. I'd be interested to hear your findings.

• do this at your own risk. Teenage girls are brutal and will never forget and you may regret it if there is a considerable amount of teasing/bullying that occurs because of it. You should write all of it down, everyday and maybe you can make a little project out of it...hey you never know.

• do you really think that is a good idea for your first week? first impressions and all...

• Maybe it's just me, but she's 17 (so probably a junior or senior) and lives in a tiny town in Montana. I get the feeling everyone she goes to school with already knows her.

• she could have moved to a new scool. Even if not, and everyone does know her like you think- then there is no point in her "experiment".

• I'm picturing an Easy A type scenario-- everyone went to school with her for years but she was ignored, then she started dressing slutty and every guy wanted her.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, it's just what I envision.

• maybe you shouldn't do it in the first week, people might get the wrong impression, and first impressions are most important. maybe after a month or so when things settle down. just don't want people thinking ure a real slut.

nom sayin?

• Whoa. Remember that first impressions are the MOST DIFFICULT to get rid of. Why not wait awhile first?

• do it!!! Fu (k a lot of people and tell us what happened, for only one week though

• Sounds adventurous of you. I say go for it :)

• That sounds like a bad idea for high school.

• Why bring all that crap upon yourself?

• Y would you what to dress slutty for the first week of high school do you what guy to think that you are easy, or what just be how you are and dress like you would normally dress for the first week of high school.

What Girls Said 12

• I don't think its a good idea just because in high school no one cares about whether you're just doing an experiment or not. Drama is going to occur more than likely and you will probably not get the best reputation for it.

• Sounds like you don't wanna do it for fun but to see what if feels like to get attention from players and what not. I don't think its a good idea to dress slutty for a week, especially at your school because even though you will get hit on and all that flirty talks, you WILL be known as the slutty girl and be disrespected by many guys. Truth is guys who like slutty girls-dont like them for them but they like them just to f them, that's all there is to it. I don't want you to dig a hole for yourself that's all.

• Firstly, what you define as slutty someone else may not. What is slutty? "according to this site if a girl dresses slutty then lots of guys will hit on her but be creeps and a lot of girls will get jealous and start being nasty to her". - Since when? You are only a level 3 and "under 18". Wow maturity and its finest these days! You do not have the knowledge to make such a statement.

The word "slut" and it's definitons are based on many factors. Dress as you wish, but do not assume a stereotype based on what YOU think that stereotype looks like. It comes across as attention-seeking, desperate and pathetic.

• How is attention-seeking and desperate and pathetic different from being a slut?

• Exactly what I put. It depends on what your definition of a slut it.

• Bad idea, first impressions are very important.

• I personally wouldnt, because of all the first impressions count thing. I mean there was this girl in the UK who pretended she was pregnant in secondary school (high school) as an experiment and she got so much hate.

• At school people have good memories and so it could live with you for some time.

• I wouldn't. You will be the slut forever.

• Once you get a rep it's hard to dispose of. So if you really wanna do that to yourself, go ahead.

• Oh gosh I would really say not to do it.

• haha that's awesome. do it. esp if it's your last year.

• Oh dear. First impressions really do have a huge impact. I would suggest waiting a few weeks into the school year before trying this.

• I say go for it. I honestly believe that as long as you're being true to yourself and you know what you did despite any gossip around it, than that's all that matters. You're testing a theory. But have some meaning behind it and be doing this because you truly want to learn or have this experience. Because you can get a lot of bad gossip after this and it may be more that you are considering right now. It may seem small (b/c you know it is) but in high school people blow things waaay out of proportion and it may be more than you asked for depending on how hardcore you go. But if you want to do it, than go with it, have fun, and actually learn something! (but I should probably point out that its an obvious observation in some ways. lol most guys go for the girl that dresses provocatively. Because that's how you're dressing and carrying yourself). The choice is yours!