When a guy says he's not looking for a girlfriend what does that mean??

So I have been talking to this guy for little over a month now and I really like him and he says he really likes me. So last night I asked him what is he looking for and he told me that he's not looking for a girlfriend. He calls our relationship a "grownup relationship". I don't know if he's scared to get hurt again or just isn't interested in going on into a full blown relationship with me. Any takes on the situation?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Take it slow. Maybe he wants a relationship he just doesn't want to admit it, or not yet. Maybe he's testing the waters a little before he jumps right in.

What Guys Said 2

• He wants to date around before going into a relationship..

you should stick around him , but don't wait too long for him to commit..

• Not looking for a girlfriend could mean that he's not looking for an exclusive commitment, or perhaps that he's not looking for anything serious.

What Girls Said 2

• Being a grownup means saying what you want without any dumb lines and committing to someone if you want to. Sorry, but he sounds like a little bit of a jerk and he's probably not really that into you, lucky you!

• Sound to me like he isn't really interested in you for anything more then a common hook up. This "grownup relationship" is so phony. I don't even know what that means. I think if it means anything though it means he wants to be friends.