Why don't girls realize that they look ridiculous when they wear high heels?

High heels are the most retarded invention ever. Whenever I see a girl wearing heels, I feel the need to laugh. It looks so ridiculous. Why would a mentally healthy person wear such ridiculous, unhealthy and uncomfortable shoes? Thank God men don't wear heels. They realize It is bad for their health to wear heels. It affects a person's posture/one can develop bunions.

Why don't girls realize that it's completely unhealthy and retarded/ why don't they realize that they look ridiculous when they wear high heels?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never saw any appeal in high heels either.

What Girls Said 20

• First of all, I don't wear heels unless it is for a special ocassion and that rarely happens. I think flats are comfy and I value my practicality.

Secondly, girls wear it because it looks chic and it adds height to short girls. It also gives you a good posture and a lot of girls feel confident wearing them.

I can say the same thing about guys when it comes to wearing ties. I don't understand the concept behind it nor I find it chic or comfy. If guys like it, then so be it. Why should I judge or make fun of others for what they like to wear?

• Ties are so phallic looking! I think that's their true purpose.

• Men USED to wear heels, so don't get too sure of yourself.

Whether or not it looks ridiculous is a matter of opinion. Many guys like the way women look in them. Plus, it's fashion. Some people probably do wear heels too often for their health, but wearing them once in a while when you go out isn't going to give you bunions. Also, they can assist with muscle definition and if you walk in them properly I don't believe they'll ruin your posture. Many people don't walk in them properly though, it's true.

• women who don't know how to wear heels shouldn't wear them in public but they aren't as horrible as you make them out to be. not all heels are uncomfortable and I have better posture and walk better when I wear heels. they also make your legs look longer and leaner. as long as you don't wear them all the time its not bad.

• Like others have stated; heels were invented by men and worn by them.

Let's be a little more mature and not use "retarded" thanks. I love heels, and find some pretty comfortable actually. It's really not about what you like anyways.

• Um...high heels were invented by men for men and it wasn't until relatively recently that women started wearing them

• I love them.. I own like 10 pairs. Come on now.. They go with pretty much whatever we wear.

Did a girl kick you in the nuts with them or something?

• Wedges and big chunky heels are more comfortable than flats/runners, or at least imo. I do think stilettos are ridiculous to wear all the time, but then, that seems to be just me. Heels are nice to wear, they give you a bit of added height (nope, I'm not short, but I still like the height) and a myriad of reasons that the girls below already stated.

You don't have to wear them, so why complain?

• Men started the trend...

I like the way I look in high heels, but I only have 2-4 pairs and I never wear them unless it's a special occasion :l

• That's just your opinion. I happen to get noticed more when I wear them. If you don't like them then just move along before we decide to trample you with them.

• you get noticed more because they realize how silly it looks. it's like a car accident. you can't look away...

• keep deluding yourself. you think you attract guys with those annoying clicking noises? lol...

• Oooh you like it bad ;).

• because some of us are barely five feet tall and like feeling taller. plus, if you wear lower heels or wedges, they don't hurt. I can run around in three inch wedges all day and have no foot pain. and they're cute, depending on the pair.

and anyway, women didn't invent them. ;)

• short girls are hot! they are much more feminine. I am 6'0 and I think that girls who are almost as tall as me/as tall as me are a turn off. girls are supposed to be short. don't make yourself taller/more masculine...

yes, women didn't invent them, but they are stupid enough to wear them. men expect them to wear unhealthy heels. how cruel...

• They only look stupid when girls wear them too high and can't walk in them, high heels are more comfortable for me and it's not your place to tell girls or anyone what they should or shouldn't wear, Girls will never stop wearing heels so I suggest you just get over it its not you wearing the heels so its not really your problem.

• Why don't you realize that your argument is ridiculous. You are simply demented. Just wonder what idiotic statement you will come up with next.

• Well, it's obvious you are unable to prove me wrong. Use convincing arguments next time. Thanks.

• but flats hurt my feet so I feel more comfortable in heels :(

• strange... don't heels hurt your feet much more?

• I think you're wearing the wrong type of flats.

• trust me I tried them all and they just don't work for me, the closest thing I have to ballets still have an inch and a half of heal, I just need the support ok.

• its not so much the actual heels, but its the million dollar feeling that comes from wearing the heels. Its very empowering. Also, as a fellow 5'3 gal, an extra 4 inches doesn't hurt. Plus, its the easiest way to grab attention without any effort if you don't count actually walking in the heels properly because I think you think girls look ridiculous in heels because they can't walk in them properly. PLUS THEY'RE PRETTY. ITS ANTIDEPRESSANTS IN A BOX!

• what? heels are awesome

• I am so short and I am bored of being the smallest person everywhere. I love high heels even they are unhealthy and ridiculous

• No, don't wear heels! Short girls are hotter and much more feminine.

• lol we do don't worry

• I love heels! In fact, I find my feet hurt more in flats and I tend to wear 2-3 inch heels daily because they're comfier.

Admittedly many girls can't walk in them and totter about. Yes, this is unattractive and kills your ankles. But some of us can walk in them, and that's when it looks good.

I have really long legs as it is - if they're my best feature, why shouldn't I show them off with a pair of heels?

Plus, like someone said already.. Girls don't dress up to impress guys, they dress to impress girls..

• I understand not wearing them 24/7, but heels are sexy.

• Um, just because you have an opinion doesn't mean everyone else shares it. Go on, laugh at women in heels, but you may be laughing alone on the sidelines.

• wearing them once in a while won't kill anyone's health. it's wearing them all the time that becomes an issue.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes they're not healthy to wear, yes they'll likely cause musculoskeletal problems down the line especially if a woman isn't in good physical condition and doesn't have muscles...but my God do they ever make women look attractive! Or, rather, MORE attractive.

Especially shorter women, they make their legs so much longer! They make itpossible to wear clothes that just wouldn't work in flats.

The day may come when looking attractive isn't as important for women, and I admire the good sense of women who don't wear them, but in the world of the here and now, I can't tell a woman not to wear them, not with a straight face.

• Let me guess, you are under 5'6"?

• nope. if that was the case, I'd probably kill myself/maybe even wear heels.

• Because they don't look ridiculous?

• Some guys find it attractive when women look like they have longer legs, narrower ankles, more shapely calf muscles and more protruding asses.

Freaks, I know, but they are out there.

• I'm not really a fan of heels either, but girls aren't dressing for me. Nor are they dressing for you. Girls dress for other girls and girls like heels.

• I don't like heels all that much but they make the girl look taller which I do like.

• Frankly, I find girls to be quite attractive in heels.

• I like high heels on some girls, they can look really hot. I think it's the combination of the figure high heels give a girl as well as the unconscious idea that a woman wearing high heels is not going to be running away and is not going to be very practical for fighting so the man will need to defend her if sh*t goes down, so it's kind of that submissive aspect to it too.

I wear sweat pants most of the time, but once in a while I like to wear a suit and tie and a belt, and all those things are not that good for you either, so long as you don't do it all the time it's fine

• They add tone and definition to her legs. They also give her a little extra height. :)