Can girls really look ugly?

i mean, I've always seen the pretty girls as pretty and every1 else average. each girl has her flaw and her good attractive thing. So how can a girl be ugly? I would say I was average. could you post links of an ugly girl or something. and I'm not talking about the over sized obese people.they are only unattractive because they don't take care of their bodies.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol I'm obese and I'm prettier than most thin girls I meet. Are we talking about body types or faces?

Anyone can be ugly depending on who's looking. Guys who like fat girls have literally told me thy think I'm sexy, to my face, which is always awkward. I think they're on crack but I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm also into girls and I don't find incredibly thin women attractive either. Some people think they're hot. Whether or not something is attractive or ugly depends on who's behind the lens.

I've seen plenty of girls who are not obese whom would be considered ugly. I usually say very unattractive instead of ugly but I have friends who are not so kind and do fact consider those same girls as having ugly faces. I guess I do too but I won't say it that way unless I don't like someone. It is true that even an ugly person can have something beautiful about them, but that's less about beauty in the "attractive or unattractive" line of thought and more about finding individual features fascinating, the human body fascinating. That's a different conversation. not really about attraction.

It's not a big deal but it isn't logical to uphold standards of beautiful or pretty and have nothing on the opposite end of the spectrum. Average I guess is your way of saying in the middle. Something can't be in the middle without two opposite ends on either side. So you have pretty...and logically you must have ugly as well. In order to determine or study what is very attractive (pretty/beautiful/hot/whatever), aside from what is just okay (average), you must have some standard of what is very unattractive (ugly, fat, whatever) as well. Body types are one thing, faces are another. Just as you make it a point to say that I am less attractive in terms of my body because I am fat, it is logical for someone to find your face ugly. You have to be consistent. You can't have black without white, up without down, intelligent without dumb, etc. In order to praise beauty you must at the same time point out what is ugly. At least if you want to be rational and consistent.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, of course girls can be ugly.

The whole "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thing doesn't apply at either extreme - some people are just undeniably ugly, and some are just undeniably gorgeous. It's only for the 90% of people who are somewhere in between, that personal taste and emotional connection play a part.

link

link

• Honestly...imo, no. I've never called a girl ugly...even at my most angry moment. :)

• Uh, that's like asking "Are there ugly guys out there?"

Yes, of course there are ugly girls.

link

link

Those are some ugly girls. And for the record, I just googled those.

• " BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER " depends on the type of lenses and who is looking through them . . .

• Snooki

• yeah they definitely can, I'm not going to post pictures for privacy purposes and I don't feel like googling, but they definitely are out there..

What Girls Said 5

• Of course people can be ugly, but that all depends on the person who is judging them and their personal opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I look at girls and can see ways that could improve how they look and bring out their attributes if they only knew how to.

• I think no one is ugly. they just don't take care of their look. every time I see someone "ugly" I think about what should this person do to look better.

here are some examples: (before - after)

link

link

• I have seen some...unfortunate looking girls lol. Most of them could be improved by putting in a bit of effort into themselves. I have met some good looking girls though that became truly ugly because their personalities were revolting.

• 1|0
    • Lol, though if she shaved and plucked her eyebrows she would have a chance.

• some people just have ugly features. I'm not going to post pictures of people I know but there are plenty of ugly girls...sure makeup can help but some are just ugly