Do you like sleeveless shirts/wife beaters on guys?

I mostly wear them for gym and running, it helps my arms to have free motion,is it cool to wear them for a walk in neighborhood or to a nearby store ?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes but ONLY if he has toned arms . Like my man wears the wife beaters and sleveless shirts all the time I find it so sexy because he has these huge ass arms and you can see all his arm muscles Ugg makes me drool BUT only around the house or gym I would hate it if my man went out in public and wore them. But if the guys all wimpy and is not toned it's so gross my mans friend thnks he's how when he wears that style and I'm always grossed out. Also if he wears it I prefer the guy to not have that much under arm hair

What Girls Said 36

• I think they look a little trashy but that is just my opinion. I like a guy who wears a nice clean T-shirt and jeans.

• In the gym or around the house, its cool, but anywhere else, its kinda trashy. Its not that hard to just throw on another shirt. Mens shirts are usually always comfy, unlike girls clothes- we throw on sweats/meh tee shirt when we are just running to the store because sweats really are more comfortable than women's jeans, and bigger shirts are way more comfortable than tight tees. Men get to be comfy either way, hahaha.

• 1) If that guy was walking around town in it, not even coming from a workout, I would look at him and be like "D-Bag" because he's trying too hard- sunglasses, cig, cutoff shirt, ugh.

2)Ryan Reynolds can wear what he wants, he's Ryan Reynolds.

I think wearing the ribbed tanks like that just to wear em, either who you are lazy, or you're trying to hard to look like you "didn't try" and you look like a dbag.

• most of these guys are hanging out post work out or pre work out

• Right, post or pre workout- totally cool.

Wearing it just because- not so much.

• Sexy - I prefer the sleeveless shirts though the ones that arent' thin strapped like a beater, but hug around the shoulders and arms.

Pff - I see guys in wal mart, targets, just chillin outside wearing sleeveless shirts on those hot summer days where I'm at so.

Even the self cut shirts where the side of the shirts are cut out - link

Actually - I see guys where those, more than wife beaters or normal short sleeve shirts lol.

• I didn't want to down vote you because this is just an opinion, but I think that the shirt in that link is hideous! The one in the question is fine, I think.

• I am sure people gonna label me as weirdo if I am gonna wear that

• Come to CO and you'll be just fine lol :P the guy in the pick is Tim Tebow By the way who plays for the Denver Broncos ( Denver, Colorado,) lol so yea, that'll tell you it's kinda popular here :P

Majority of the dudes around my campus walk around with their shirts chopped like that - you get use to it lol

• If you're just running out to the store then that's fine. But to a restaurant/walk around the mall? No.

• eh. sometimes but I don't necessarily like the style itself, it depends on who is wearing it

its not my favorite look, but it can be very sporty and appropriate sometimes.

oh I saw the link. jake looks good in anything

• Yeah! If you have the body for it then I don't see why not ;) It looks more hotter when I see a guy wear em in the gym than say at church (yes, I've seen a guy wear one to church) but in all honesty, I say wherever the f** you wanna lol

• Sleeveless shirts like the one in the link is okay in the summer and gym I think, but a plain white wifebeater is not okay anywhere but under your shirt/sleeping because its basically PJ's man.

• I was going to say not really but actually the first link is good...in the second one the material is too thin; looks more like something fit for your house or the beach or something...I usually prefer guys at the gym to wear plain t-shirts because it makes it easier to talk to them for some reason...

• I don't like the term wife beater ouch :(

But if you have the arms for it then yes it looks good

• An A formed white, tight, T-Shirt normally produced for men but also worn by women, intended for wear under shirts. Its reputation comes from those wearing the shirts while engaged in domestic violence.

• Next time you see someone approching you wearing this shirt,run as fast as you can

• yes if the body is nice it looks right

• hate it

• meh... I don't really care that much, but it can look a little douchey.

• As long as he has the body for it, YES. I LOVE them.

If he's a fat slob with a beer can in one hand and a cig in the other, NO.

• if they have nice arms. I like them when they like work out and in the summer, but just wearing them in general is kinda grosss.

• Yes, but don't call it a wife beater! It's a tank top! Wife beater sounds like an abusive drunk guy. I don't recommend them too much though other than the gym- it might make people think you're cocky.

• Yes, it's so hot, it's like pure white and I want to rip it off.

• yeaa I do lol

• I don't mind them...

• its fine to wear them when you go to the gym and running esp if you have nice arms:) but as far as wearing them anywhere else I would find it unattractive

• I don't if the guy seems cocky, but if your working out it's fine and it depends on your age. 16+ is good but lower than that and us girls like t-shirts better. It also depends on the girl. Younger girls like Ts better because it's cute, especially if they say things, but we will check out a guy with a wife-beater on. Especially if they've got muscles. ;)

• If you have abs and a TOTALLY amazing body, then yes. It is okay. But if you don't...then please burn all of them immediately...Thank you.

• Only for workouts when you go to the store throw on at least a tee no matter what

• Yes if they have muscles :) only when working out or if it's hot or something. Don't wear it out in the winter, you'll just look like a tool lol my friend did it the other day and it was hilarious.

• Only if the guy has the body for it.

• ya.. if your fit.. when your exercising or doing some kinda sports it's really hot.

• Meh. I prefer muscle shirts.

• omg YES! they are so sexy!

• i LOVE a guy with sleeveless shirts you can see their muscles all day!

• I don't like them... But there are probably girls who do.

• Uh hell yeah! it shows off there sexy muscles, that is if you have any.. ha ha but it does really depend on what you wear with it..

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 14

• I like em, but to wear one effectively one must reek of beer and cigarettes.

• hey man I really like this question, you think you could maybe make an update regarding color? I personally think black or grey is a little more acceptable than white, but I'm really curious as to what everyone else thinks and I doubt theyll scroll all the way down and read this (but if you do, please comment) if you could id appreciate it

• Well, I just scrolled all the way down here to read this, and yes, I think black or grey would be good, too. I think they're kind of bad ass...in a good way.

• i wear them all the time, I sweat a lot so wearing t-shirts on hot days us a drag.

• For quick errands...yes.

For working out, or playing sports...yes.

But around the mall, or if you're dressed for the day like that?

I say no...unless you like the douchebag look. Even if a lot of girls find you attractive...wearing a sleveless shirt give a "douche" vibe.

Regardless of what people on this site say...the douche look is no good.

• Everyone I know laughs at any non-female person wearing them... Behind their backs of course... Wouldn't want to get beaten by some trashy Jersey Shore douche now would we?

• I can't wear sleeveless shirts anymore without turning into a walking advertisement for Playboy. I wish I could but I get tired of the staring and the comments about my tattoos. I do think most girls associate sleeveless shirts with gay men, which is fine if you are, but not if you're trying to meet girls.

• Wow dude you got it wrong,sleeveless look great on guys who have toned arms,they look odd on skinny arms and flabby arms,it's not about style it more about comfort for me ,I get the staring too and feel akwkard when I get compliments like hey dude you look like bodybuilder,oh muscles etc etc so I just put on my hoodie or jacket

• Looks ghetto / trashy.

I know what you mean by free motion of arms.

For running buy one of those sleeveless nike shirts

I use them for when I play basketball & football.

• No, definitely not cool. Don't do *anything* that is not voted unanimously cool by your peers.

• wife beaters are ALWAYS trashy. Muscle shirts (sleeveless shirts) are fine as long as you have the body for it.

• That's funny that you mention it because I had a fantastic idea for some contraption like a wife beater crossed with an overcoat, suitable for any occasion... a wifebeater overcoat... I think I'll call it a "dress" ! :D

• Haha, I don't wear these on principle because I don't want to blast away people with the sheer nuclear explosion of awesomeness that are my tattoos.

Plus I have too many that I would probably get confused with a gang member or something :)

• LOL tattoos are awesome. Getting confused with gangbangers? Not so awesome.

• Keep it for the gym...

• u wear them or you workout shirtless

• Probably but I like cutoffs

• I am gonna get more weird looks if I am wearing a cut off,i would stick to sleveless or wife beaters

• As an undershirt I like to wear them plus they feel good to wear. I like the tactical getup. Don't know if girls like that though. If they do lol I guess that's how ill dress.

• I wear them to the gym and as undershirts but that's it. If I'm leaving my house (even if it's up the street) I take the extra few seconds and throw on a shirt.