Do girls like nerds/geeks?

A female friend of mine told me that nerds/geeks are "hot" right now. Do any other ladies out there agree with this? Is being a geek/nerd less of a negative then it used to be when it comes to dating?

Also, what's the limit on how nerdy/geeky the guy can be?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess I am a "nerd lover" I just think that really smart guys that can stimulated me intellectually are really sexy. But I am a science major so that could also have something to do with it. She could just be talking about guys who dress kinda nerdy as being *hot* . I draw the line though on guys who have no social graces. With really smart guys you kinda get the absence of social skills because they spent most of their time studying something instead of interacting with others. I really think that your friend was talking about the "style" of a guy, not the *real* geeks, especially if she used the word "hot" to describe them.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't get what the big deal is with nerds and geeks?? over here in ireland we don't really call anyone them names or treat them as if they are ..we like whoever we like wether they be popular,normal,so call "geek" or "nerd" and don't care what others think..im sure yeah there is a few who feel as if they are a "geek" or "nerd" but its not something we think about or bother with over here

• Oh my God yeah! I like a nerd now! He's awesome.bummer he's wicked shy though. I have no idea if it will go anywhere cause he's too shy to ask me anywhere. But he's forever talkin to people about me and he's always makin sure he talks to me at least once a day! Ha ha! I guess it'll come in time. But yeah um nerdy but not too nerdy like greasy hair and tape on the middle of your glasses, ha ha! IT Tech nerdy is my thing!

• I know exactly what your female friend is feeling.

And I totally agree.

Its not him being a nerd/geek,

its his intelligence and most likely one geek representing them all.

Jocks are Jerks. But it isn't there faults.

Kinda like a famous person on drugs. Its not there fault.

Its publicity. It runs in their blood.

• As long as a guy has a decent personality and can keep up in a conversation with me, I don't really care what his tag is.

• It depends on the girl mostly, usually we like someone who is honest. Someone who spends more time playing WoW then anything else and has no social skills isn't really attractive.

What Guys Said 0