What do you think when you see a well put together girl with a sloppy guy?

i have a friend, a pretty blond girl. she does her hair and makeup like this link dresses like this link link and she's really fit. she works out every single day. she looks fab.

her boyfriend is kinda cute but sloppy. his hair is like this link he dresses like this link with baggy jeans and an oversized stained sweaty shirt every day. and all he does is play world of warcraft all day. he's overweight, not obese or anything, but has a noticeable gut and double chin.

he's a pretty nice guy so I can see why she dates him, but every time I see them together I think it's such a mismatch and wonder why she doesn't make him dress like a normal person.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. If they like each other - fair enough.

I mean - I put a lot of effort into my appearance most of the time; I dress up even if it's just to go to the shops or a walk in the woods or whatever. I always have some makeup on, my hair looking good; and I've dated guys who just didn't care about their looks.

I mean this one guy I dated wore just baggy jeans and t-shirts, always got his hair cut short so he didn't have to do anything with it; even though it suited him better long. He just wasn't the most well put together guy. But that wasn't an issue. It was - in fact kind of what I liked about him. Not the look so much - but the fact that he was so relaxed about it. That he didn't care. He wasn't the best looking guy in the world, and yeah I could have dressed him etc - but what would be the point? I liked him - so what does it matter what the rest of the world think when they see us together?

I don't know - our dress sense might not have matched, but everything else did - so it wasn't a deal.

What Guys Said 8

• because real people judge from the inside out, not outside in...

• Well obviously she's just not a shallow person...and doesn't judge him based on appearance and she probably likes him for him and his personality. Great relationships aren't based on looks, they're based on a deep connection to each other. Ever seen the movie shallow hal?

• I have seen this situation a few times. I thought "What is that beautiful girl doing with a guy who is so far below her? She could do so much better. Why did she choose him?"

• Homeless guy be lucky! But seriously, she's not gonna get anywhere by "making him dress" like anything.

• "He must have a big d*** or a lot of money" is the first thing that comes to mind

• I've seen things like that and it makes me wonder.. does she have any standards at all?

But not just that.. I've seen hot chicks with short, fat and ugly guys. Makes me wonder..

Is is because of the money?

Tho I think.. in my opinion it's because of insecurity. Many genuinely pretty girls suffer from it.

They think about themselves less than they actually are. And settle for less they can get.

• Because to not like a guy for his clothes is very superficial. This girl obviously isn't superficial

• She likes him or him and see's past the clothes.

What Girls Said 5

• Well - I don't think it's terrible.

Picture it like this;

You like your personal style, your comfortabe with it ect ect -

How'd you feel if your boyfriend said you dressed ugly and demanded you change your style just because he doesn't approve?

Your not going to be very comfortable with that - especially over something like how you dress.

So he's not the most stylish guy?

He must have tons to offer outside of that if she's so fab and with him.

Plus - some girls like the grungier look in general - and if she's naturally attracted to him then hey - more power to them lol.

Can't really judge a book by it's cover.

He may seem sloppy / dress sloppy - but he could have a heart of gold.

It isn't really expected of guys to dress as well as women do anyway; men don't shop like crazy, or fret over the latest pair of cherry colored heels ( some do, but not like girls do lol,) so as a guy - it's okay to not be on model status as far as fashions go.

Men hate to be changed - hell people hate to be changed unless they themselves want to do the changing.

It's like a subtle insult against his ego / character - and that's a sensitive area for guys. Like conveying that this and that about him does not please you - thus it degrades his value as a partner in your eyes - and no one wants to feel as if they don't measure up to the person they really care about.

So as long as she's content with him, and he's content with her -

Nothing else matters.

• What do I think? I don't really think anything.

Not everyone is focused on the outer appearance - perhaps she likes him for things like his personality, his smarts etc. The way he dresses and looks might not even be important to her.

• He pays for everything. If not then she has low self esteem

• I wonder why like did she lower her standards and settle or is he a great guy with bad style and she's okay with that since other ladies won't try to steal him away.

• Well many people may view this situation differently. Some may say your friend should make him look better, others may say he should stay the way he is. I think that if that's the way they met and she was able to see past that and love him for who he really is, she shouldn't try to change him. She is able to love him this way, so why change things?