A gummy smile = an ugly smile?

Most people think that a gummy smile is unattractive and ugly, and I, myself, have a gummy smile and have been commented on it quite a few times.

I just wanted to know your definition of an ugly/pretty smile, and your opinions on gummy smiles :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not ideal.

If those are your pictures, generally I'd say you have a 'nice' smile' (meaning the ones where lips are open). Its not perfect, but its warm and engaging. Don't avoid opening your mouth, your smile is 'above average'. Share the joy.

What Guys Said 3

• Well your smile isn't your whole face, y'know. Sure, it's a part of your complexion, and sure people prefer non-gummy smiles but remember that, like art, it's the whole picture that really stands out, not the individual components.

• 0|0
  • you have a minor gummy smile, its not bad at all

What Girls Said 3

• Gummy Smiles are only gross smiles if the gums are gross or if there is plaque build up around the edges of your teeth. Yours are not gross. You have a pretty smile.

• Sometimes. Just like sometimes non-gummy smiles are ugly.

• my mom has them and I think it makes her look really cute