How do guys feel about natural hair?

I'm black and my hair has been natural my whole life and I like it but I want to know what guys think about it. Do you like it? Does it matter? Would you date a girl with natural hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you mean "natural"? Since you're black I'm assuming your hair is dark and curly which will look hot, cute, and or sexy on you if that is how you look over all. The hair is just a part of the girl. If your hair goes with everything else about you it will be attractive to guys that are attracted to you.

• that's a beautiful answer. I don't know why you wouldn't want to take credit for that by not being anonymous :)

What Guys Said 5

• I actually like it, sometimes when I see some black girls wearing it I have to look just because it isn't common but it does look attractive

• I find it beautiful, and it shows that you are confident in your own skin :)

• umm, Natural hair as opposed to what, a wig? :)

• Well, you don't want to be pulling out her weave/wig during sex.. That would be hilarious.

• Lmao, well for non black people, natural hair means no chemical straightner that alters the natural texture of a black person's hair. You can wear wigs and weaves and still be natural. A lot of people, even black people, are misinformed about black people hair and they think that if you're black your hair is automatically nappy and you can't do anything with it. But in reality, most black women have never been taught how to take care of their hair without a chemical straightener because

• for generations, most black women's mothers and grandmothers have been brainwashed to believe that their hair is an ugly problem that needs to be fixed a.k.a. realxed. A lot of black people are just now starting to learn about the many different hair textures black people have. link

• I think weaves are absolutely repulsive.

• White women and other women besides black girls wear weaves too. Sammi from Jersey Shore wears them too.

• I have to agree with Freetobe. They are terrible on everyone. I will say this though, It's extremely obvious when a black girl has a weave whereas some white girls can hide it.

• exactly. Freetobe, calm down, all I was saying was that they are so much more common in the black community, in response to you stating that "well other races wear them too." Other races RARELY wear them.

• I love natural.

What Girls Said 7

• Guys like anything that is natural.. As long as it's well kept.

• As a black girl with huge natural hair, guys tend to love it. I've dated a couple of guys who say my hair was the first thing they noticed about me because they're not used to seeing black women who don't have really straight hair or some type of weave. I dated an Arabic guy who was damn near fascinated with my curl pattern and he was always all up in my hair, bouncing the springy curls around and seeing what weird patterns he could make with the tight curls. Overall, I've gotten a pretty good response from guys when it comes to my hair.

Seriously though, don't worry what guys think. Natural hair is so much healthier and a lot more fun once you figure out what works for your hair. I think that black girls ruin their exoticness when they straighten their hair. All of the ethnic groups have something that makes them exotic to someone somewhere. I think the thing that can make black girls exotic is our hair texture because no other group can get our hair to do what we can unless they're mixed. Same concept for Asian women who get eye surgery done on their beautiful slanted eyes

• Natural hair! <3 link</a>

• I have talked quite a bit about hair on here recently...if you are pretty /foxy/hot...I am not going to let hair stop me..at least not the hair on your head...would probably dump you if you had lasered off your pubes though.../:/:/:

• I think what most people have a problem with is the texture. I went natural a year ago and people either stare or compliment my hair.

• What about your texture?...O:O

• a weave. It's crazy, like why is it that the people who appreciate black people who don't look whittened up are non-black people?

• That last statement is so true. Some black people don't like natural hair because of how it's portrayed in the media (i.e nicki minaj calling people nappy headed hoes) and if it's not "in" they're against it. Doesn't bother me though :D

• I like my African American hair. Its had this texture and look to it I really admire. If my hair was like that, I don't think I'd destroy it. I'd keep it natural.

I have a mix or straight/wavy/& curly all in one. I like my natural hair but I do straighten it here and there.

• Guys like it.

• fo sure, its deffinitly really unique and not enough girls embrace it! :(

• I think white people are a lot more accepting of the texture and look than black people. If anything, any ignorance you encounter will be from black women(who are snarky as any other women) and black men who are used to the weave look

• I know natural girls that get attention from guys. if you're overall cute then it shouldn't be a problem. does that mean EVERY GUY will like it? no but it shouldn't stop you from getting play. even girls I know with very kinky hair (not just loose textured 3b/3c hair) get guys