Girls, what do you think of short guys? Be honest, all answers welcome!!!

I'm about 5'7. I'm athletic, swole, pretty cute and fun guy to be around (from what I'm told). Some girls seem to like me but my height appears to be an instant deal breaker. What's the BIG deal? Haha(: like for real, this one girl I heard saw me one day and didn't know I was that short and we stopped talking. I was an inch taller than her too. I feel like girls who are just slightly shorter than me or my height still prefer tall guys while girls 1-3 inches taller than me won't even give me a chance after we first meet. Why do guys always have to be taller than their girlfriends? Screw society, lets start a new trend, short guys are the new 'HOT' (I wish haha).

Now lets get serious, the real reason why I'm here is because there's this drop-dead gorgeous girl, who's about 5'8-5'10, that goes to my college. We talked through Twitter and we have a lot in common and I believe I have a shot with her BUT my height could be a road block. We will probably hangout eventually but jeez the look on her face when she has to look down to me haha. So any advice? Girls, what do you feel about short guys? Deal-breaker? Don't care, it's whatever? What's up with the fascination of tall dudes? Anything else y'all can provide, feel free to. I wanna hear it! Please and thank you very much!

I would also like to hear what y'all think about my chances with this 5'8-5'10 chick, thanks! :)
Thanks for ALL the answers y'all! I loved them all and I will write an update on how it goes with this girl, wish me luck! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• i say go for it with the girl you're interested in. if she turns you down for something dumb like height, she's not worth it. I'll be honest, I have a thing for really tall guys. I like guys who are 6' and over. I'm especially attracted to that type of guy, but a guy who is 5'7 isn't a turn off for me at least because I'm 5'2 and just about every guy is taller than me. you sound like an awesome person and you shouldn't worry about stupid girls that turn you down because of your height :)

• hahaha thank you very much! and your right, if she is going to not give me a chance because of my height she isn't worth it. but it does hurt sometimes, there are so many gorgeous tall girls, life isn't fair at times

• Just an update: I got her number! :) and we've been texting very, very well. I found out she's 5'9. FML ha ha and I actually measured my height and I'm a little bit under 5'7. So we are talking about a 2.5 inch difference potentially. I was thinking about buying shoes that can give me an extra 2 inches so I can close the gap. You think this is a great idea? You're welcome by the way for the BA and thanks in advance if you respond to this! :)

• i'm so happy for you! I honestly don't think you should buy the shoes. its not like she is a foot taller than you lol. 2.5 inches really isn't that much. if she seems to be interested and it seems like it from what you said about the texting, you should be in a good place. and even if you did buy the shoes, its not like you could wear them all the time around her lol. just my opinion though. good luck!

What Girls Said 18

• It's not like I'll call you a midget, you're in proportion and that's a good thing!

For me, because I'm a bigger girl, I prefer my man to be taller. At least then I can have feelings of smallness (while I'm dieting and exercising away...) I've always preferred taller men, I just love someone bending his head down to me. It's a thing for me. I'm not saying you have to be 6foot tall, just a couple inches taller.

That's just me - I have friends who date men of any height, so I think it's just my personal weird thing!

Give it a go with the girl! You never know, could be the best decision you ever made!

• thank you! but why does taller necessarily mean bigger? like if a shorter guy was strong and/or had a good personality, couldn't that make up for the height difference for you ?

• For the record, my partner is about 5ft 9ish so you're not written off for me.

• I understand the comfort factor. Girls don't want to feel bigger than they are. But I mean if he makes you feel good, what else can you ask for? ha ha thanks for your responses btw!

• Well I'm really short (5'1") so most guys are taller than me. 5'7 isn't too bad.

in high school, I had a friend (a girl) who.was really tall and only dated short guys. And omg Shea was quite popular with the guys, if I may say so. :D

If you like a girl whos taller than you, go for it. You never know. She might be interested in you too. :D

• haha how tall was your friend? why did she like short guys so much? and ya you're never quite sure what could happen ha ha :)

• For me it would only be a deal breaker cause I'm taller than you - and it makes me feel insecure / like a fat giant !

I have friends thoguht are totally fine with it and date shorter guys. My 6ft friend is dating a 5'8 gy atm :) She says the difference is - she feels like he's actually the guy for her so she doesn't care and she's never felt like that before

• I feel like girls think shorter guys are just not man enough for them sometimes, like a cutie they just wanna pinch his cheeks, ya know? OK I don't know if that made sense ha ha but ya I can see how you feel like a giant but I mean I just never understood why shorter guys are literally on a short leash, like we have to wow taller girls the first time or else we're yanked. It sucks and I'm glad your friend is dating a shorter guy, makes me have some hope! ha ha :) Thanks for your awesome answer!

• Well good luck - I hope she sees you for you and puts any other social or shallow barrier she may or ay not have aside just like my friend has !

• Thank you so much! I will try my best, thanks for everything!

• It's not a deal breaker unless they are shorter than 5ft7, I prefer taller though (between 5'8-6'2) sort of a dominance thing really. I'm 5ft 4 btw.

• thanks for your answer! is the dominance thing just little things like him picking you up, when you kiss or what?

• interesting link. But it didn't mention anything bout height really.I'm superior in every way except height. I was thinking about buying shoes that can give me an extra 2 inches or so. You think this could help?

• Yeah, but I would add height to that list. For me it sorts of adds to the dominance factor (in addition to strength etc.). Nah the shoes are a temporary thing, no point in trying to hide your height, just work with what you've got. You said you're athletic. That's hot, don't stop.

• I prefer taller cause I like to feel small as well. I dated a short guy and couldn't do it do I dumped him. Not just for that reason tho but that was mostly what it was. Then I met my boyfriend and he's 5"11 and I'm 5"3 lol so ita perfect. Iguess Ts sorta a dominant thing

• I understand the dominant thing but is it just because the dude is taller? What if he's some skinny, weak guy lol. Like I'm a pretty strong dude in my opinion, I can gold my own and get aggressive ;) hahahaha I just hate hat I sometimes never will get the chance because of my height. You thing other things like body/fitness/personality can overcome a slight height difference? Thanks for your answer btw!

• Hahaha yeah girls can be unrealistic these days. They all think they can get the starting QB caliber guys. I think I have a shot with this girl, at least she may give me a chance (let God help me not blow it haha). But I was thinking about buying shoes that give me an extra 2 inches or so, how you feel about it? Could it backfire if she finds out? Thanks for all your help thus far ! :)

• She already knows how tall you are ! It shouldn't matter but get some like Nike shox or something ha ha those would probs help :P be confident and you're good to go! Don't fool her ha ha ita like girls and massively padded push up bras and we know we all have them ha ha they are the new thing...oops I spilt the beans.. But yeah she will know sooner or later so whatever man just be yourself :)

• 5'7 isn't that short like I've seen guys as short as 5'4 have gfs , people come in all shapes and sizes, besides the avergae male height is 5'9 so your not that far behind,

• the average girl height is like 5'4 or 5'5 these days :/ ha ha but yeah you make a good point, all shapes and sizes, gotta find which ones go together and fit! haha

• Height might be an initial turn off, but if you are cute and have a good personality, it won't matter in the end.

I am 5' 4" and I think your height is just fine.

• OK thank you very much! hopefully taller girls feel the same ha

• as long as a guy is taller than me I can deal with it. my boyfriend is short but taller.

i like for a guy to be taller becasue I want to look up at him, I want to feel small.

• I actually prefer guys on the shorter side (people think I am weird lol)...you wouldn't be too short for me.

ps what does "swole" mean?

• Why you like guys on the shorter side? I'm curious ha ha and how tall are you? And swole is basically just stocky, buff, muscular, anything along those lines.

• It's probably closer to 2. I was 5'7 but they say every 20 years you lost half an inch or something like that, I do feel shorter now lol and I'm probably a tad under 5'7. And she's def at least 5'8. You talk about you didn't want to look up, how's it feel when you're looking down? Yeah closeness I kinda get that, but what about during conversations?

• I wouldn't be looking down because the guy would be taller than me, I just wouldn't be looking up that much lol. ...its not awkward during convos.

• I'm 5'7, so as long as your my height or taller and cute, I really don't care! but I really don't go for guys shorter than me lol... just bein honest.

• fair enough! ha ha thanks for your answer. so do you like really tall guys?

• I don't think its a deal breaker but being kind of short too I have never had that problem but I guess girls like to feel protected almost and as society views it you need a big strong man to protect you! Not saying anything against you! Height is just a pointless physical attribute and I don't think girls should reject anyone because of their height! I think you could have a chance with her it just depends on how much she cares about height, for some girls its a big thing, others its not!

• In her pictures she is usually with tall dudes. She's a tough girl, she's tough-minded, LOVES sports (big turn on for me), I mean she goes fishing, baseball games, hockey, football, works out, dancer, flexible. And I agree, height is seriously the dumbest attribute ha ha and I wish all girls thought like u! And I'm a strong dude, I can protect a girl ha ha but height usually cancels that thought out. I hope my heart can win her, all I can ask for is a chance. Thank you so much for your answer! :)))

• Yeah as much as I wish it wasn't the case, a guy being shorter than me is a deal breaker. I just don't like feeling tall in general (I'm the same height as you).

• yeah it seems like girls don't like feeling tall and guys don't like feeling short ha ha but I think its really just in our head, just let our heart do the talking!

• Tall ,model like or body builder bodies have never interested me .Personally ,I've always been more so attracted to men with smaller builds (slender ,5'4-5'7 builds) .

• Honestly tho 5"7 isn't even bad lol this guy was my height! Too weird

• I'm pretty tall for a girl, where I live.. 172cm (5.64 foot ? XD) and I feel down because of that. yes, there are plenty of guys my height, few taller.. but I'm most attracted to guys that happen to be a bit shorter than me (1-5cm).. and I just go 'oh well.. I wish I was shorter!' because I don't know if it's a deal breaker for them. yes, it feels a bit weird for me also, but that's because of what we're used to see. Height is not important for me.. hehe who knows, maybe the guy I'm interested in thinks like you ! xD good luck

• Well I'm 5'10. I used to like tall guys, but I'm starting to like shorter, stockier guys.

However, 5'7 is the shortest I'd date. I wouldn't want todate a guy who was like, 8 inches shorter than me. It'd just be awkward.

Your height is totally fine.

• I can understand an 8 inch difference haha. Why are you stating to like shorter guys tho? Are taller guys too skinny or something for you? I'm curious! haha

• haha yeah I bet. but hey I was thinking about buying shoes that give me an extra 2 inches or so, you think this is a good idea to bridge the gap? she said she's 5'9 and I'm a little under 5'7. I mean would she notice the shoes or when I take them off wouldn't that be kinda bad and backfire on me? haha

• Yeah its best to just be honest about your height. Its only a two or three inch difference between you guys. She shouldn't have a problem with that.

• as long as I'm shorter that's fine. I'm 5'5' so it wouldn't bother me at all.

• Well my height wouldn't right? haha. What if the guy was 5'3 or 5'4? How would you feel then? Awkward/Weird/Turn-off? Is there a reason why the guy has to be taller than you? Appreciate your input! :)

• Being completely honest I usually wouldn't if it was 5'3 or shorter. But there are those instances when you are just really attracted when you just feel the pull.

• what you mean about feeling the pull exactly? just being attracted to them that you can't help it ? haha

• It comes down to personality. But the fact that I am right at 5'0 means I don't have any problem with short guys. I actually kind of prefer them cause then I don't hurt my neck looking at them.

• Yeah that doesn't seem to be an issue for you haha. So you believe personality can win no matter the height difference? Do you have taller friends that talk about guys' height by any chance? Thanks for your answer, appreciate it.

• Yeah it sucks. I mean it's hard to get another chance after the first meeting because they're usually in shock with how short I am and I guess it turns them off, for some odd reason girls think I'm always much taller. I attract a lot of girls close to my height and slightly taller for some reason, I don't know just my luck I guess haha. I don't care how tall a girl is, I just want to meet a wonderful girl who will love me for who I am, whether she's 5'0, 5'6, or 6'3 idc haha. I hope this girl works out!

• I do too :)

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think we have anything to worry about man, I'm also 5'7 and its fine. I do understand where you are coming from though, I was told by a friend of mine that he overheard a girl talk about me and say I was cute and that she wished I was just a little taller and I would be perfect. Did it hurt? Sure, just a little but she's not the only woman out there.

Besides take for example T.I is around 5'7-5'9 (depending on the source you go too) so that puts him below the national average but girls still practically fall over for the guy. Its all about the face and personality man.

• Thanks for looking out bro. Appreciate it. Mac Miller is also like 5'7 and Tom Cruise is too haha. Expect those guys got fortune and fame! Lol. But yeah man you're dead on, there are plenty of girls out there, just need to find the one gives us a chance and that accepts us for who we are.

• Exactly

• Bro, go for it. I am also like 5'7 - 5'8. I had no problem with that yet, however some girls literally told me if I would be higher they would f*** me, lol. But we have to work with what we have!

Good luck!

• yeah no kidding ha ha not much we can do with what we're born with. just gotta hope we meet girls that accept us for who we are!

• Girls of course like a taller girl but confidence can win it all

• taller guy* ? ha ha and I guess you're right. my confidence is pretty high going into it but I feel like when a girl is around me I can feel her thinking my height is a problem and I start to fade. I think I'm at the point where I don't care anymore and I got nothing to lose with taller chicks. Going for gold! ha

• Great, life is a one time chance so never waste a moment sweating the things you cannot change.