• Ask
  • myTake

Is cuddling considered cheating?

If you're dating someone, is cuddling with your guy friend considered cheating? No kissing or caressing or anything. Just you sitting in his lap on a... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• uhh...first off...Lets just say that ...DONT DO THIS INFRONT OF HIM NEVAAAAAAAAA!secondly...i think its best to "distance" yourself from your male friends a little bit...its the least bit of commitment you can make in a relationship...as partners having more/close friends of the opposite sex tends to create jealousy and hate...when you meet with them tell your man that you ARE meeting them...and tell him honestly what you are doin...so that he can feel assured your not doing anything...uhh..."funny"...If your partner is the good "listener"-type of guy...try to be honest with him in saying that you are comfortable around your male friends...dont say anything specific like cuddling or flirting...it will p*ss him off...Technically...flirting is not really cheating...and cuddling is not really flirting if the intensions are right...so just be aware that your male friends that you cuddle with...are still guys...and they might get the wrong idea and such...and rumors spread after that...and you know how it is..hope that helped...PSPersonally...i wouldn't really like my girlfriend to hangout with other guys behind my back...but I guess its okay to hug infront of me...since it is just a normal greeting...(I grew up in eastern europe btw...where we kiss on both cheeks as greetings)

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• Different people have different opinions about what constitutes cheating. Generally, I say that cheating is when you break the rules that you and your partner have set out for your relationship. If you haven't had this conversation yet, or if you have, but you didn't think about cuddling when you had it, you should talk about it. If you're not sure about something, I would follow these rules:1. If think it might hurt or bother your partner, don't do it (at least not until you ask them if they woud be okay with it).2. If you wouldn't do it in front of your partner or tell them about it, don't do it.3. If it woud bother you if your partner was the one doing it, don't do it.

• Would*

• Cheating involves any sort of intimacy that you're sharing with another person that you should only be sharing with your significant other. As far as I think, cuddling sometimes seems even more intimate than sex, because you're expressing the desire to be physically close to another person, to have them hold you. It's very intimate, even if there's no sexual touching.

• its inappropriate. I wouldn't want my guy letting his "female friend" cuddle in his lap. I'd start some sh*t with her