What does it mean if a guy calls you sweetheart?

i have a crush on one of my guy friends and he's been flirting for a while now, but he's kind of flirty in general, so that's y I'm not entirely sure if he likes me or not. and the other day wen I was sitting in the hall finishing up my homework he left his group of friends and came over to sit by me and shut my book. it was actually really funny. but anyway then he said "oh that was mean, what page were you on sweetheart" (while smiling) and then I was like "i don't even know" (smiling) and then he said "well look sweetheart there you go, that's all you had to do" (smiling) and then he just sat there next to me for a while and it felt like he wanted me to say something (this is going a bit off topic) so I just said the first stupid thing that popped in my head "hey do you have any gum" and then he said "no but I have d*ck, you can chew on that" (he's such a goofball) and of course I was like "no thank you". so anyways, back on topic, was that whole sweetheart thing a good sign because I know he doesn't say that to his other female friends, at least I'm pretty darn sure he doesn't

Most Helpful Girl

• From my past experiences I'd say it depends on the guy,and how often he's saying these things. If he's saying it all the time I'd get a little suspicious, I mean a guy always calling you sweetheart and all these cute names it would seem to me like he's trying to hard. Plus he's a flirty guy so you never really know with them. I've figured out it's best to just ask them and if they say no in a freaked out way tell them to stop leading you on because you don't want things to get awkward. Just my thoughts on it. Hope I helped,and good luck with him!