Do white girls think they are better then black girls?

do white girls think they are better then black girls?

Thanks girls for your answers ; ) And the odd boy that felt compelled to answer
ok so a lot of people are saying this is to broad of a question. so do "some" white girls feel as though they are better because they may get more opportunities such as jobs, schooling things like that, every time they turn on the TV its a white face?
And do some black girls think they are better then white because the way they have been treated by the opposite race (white) and the opportunities that don't come easy because they are black?

Most Helpful Girl

• um okay. I'm biracial black girl if it matters but here is my answer...

Of course some do, some don't. Same for black girls, asian girls, etc.

I also think you would have to be more specific still. better in terms of what? Oh okay I see you put down opportunities, etc. but I would still say that is kind of just brushing the surface. I mean white women do have more opportunities, more varied media portrayals, get more respect by default, are seen as more beautiful than black women, etc. that has nothing to do with whether or not each white girl personally thinks she is better than black girls, its more a matter of can every single white girl resist what she has been taught? White women are taught that they are by default better than black women. sure, not many of their parents sat them down in pre-school and said "okay honey see that little n***** over there? she has nothing on you" but it is very much implied in our society that they are without even having to say or think it yourself. just a thought.

i think on a subconscious level a hell of a lot of us as americans (if you are american, sorry I just assume these things ) think white women are better on one level or another. even in the black community which is a damn shame. you see lighter skin being praised by black people, we establish ideals on what "good hair" is and insist that our children relax their hair straight or hell at least put a texturizer on those naps lol, etc. I see that kind of...what can we call it? racism against self? well whatever you want to call it, I see it everyday. black women buy into the fact that they are "less than" and that white women are "better than" when it comes to beauty. skin bleaching creams are really popular in a lot of countries with predominantly black populations (asians use it way more though believe it or not). people seem so shocked when they see a black girl with natural kinky hair because hardly any black women want to wear their hair natural. they all relax their hair, get a blow out, or just weave it up. if black women have internalized that kind of racist spirit which has been passed down through centuries of mental oppression themselves (on top of other very real issues involving race like socio-economics and crime, etc.), what makes you think its even a question if many white women don't feel the same way ?

just my 2 cents. ;)

oh there was a mini-documentary called a "girl like me" about beauty and being black. the girl filming re-did the whole "black doll, white doll" test. I like seeing those things because I think children represent a very real, raw version of many of us. they haven't yet learned how to lie about their feelings or to themselves out of guilt or attach the b.s. onto the truth like so many of us do as we get older.

my sister sent me one that CNN did as well:

• Oops here's the second part of the cnn one:

• Show Older
    • White girls have nothing on black girls, it just comes down to centurys of brainwashing. To be a black woman means your the fruit of life, if any black females reading this DONT EVER FORGET THAT. If you live in america I feel doubly sorry for you because no other country brain washes its people as effectively and consistantly as america. They're trying their hardest to make us forget what we stood for and what we meant. We were the greatest people on the planet and we suffered for that.

• Are you kidding me DoctorSex? All countries have their problems but I'm happy to be an American. I find that kind of ironic of you to say when we have more freedom of speech, press, etc. than the U.K. does. I don't think black people are the greatest people on the planet. That's idiotic and ignorant and I'm above that. Humans are humans and that's it. We all come from the same place. So speak for yourself and other ignorant supremacists and I'll speak for myself. By the way I'm not even into black guys.