Do white girls think they are better then black girls?

do white girls think they are better then black girls?

Thanks girls for your answers ; ) And the odd boy that felt compelled to answer
ok so a lot of people are saying this is to broad of a question. so do "some" white girls feel as though they are better because they may get more opportunities such as jobs, schooling things like that, every time they turn on the TV its a white face?
And do some black girls think they are better then white because the way they have been treated by the opposite race (white) and the opportunities that don't come easy because they are black?

Most Helpful Girl

• um okay. I'm biracial black girl if it matters but here is my answer...

Of course some do, some don't. Same for black girls, asian girls, etc.

I also think you would have to be more specific still. better in terms of what? Oh okay I see you put down opportunities, etc. but I would still say that is kind of just brushing the surface. I mean white women do have more opportunities, more varied media portrayals, get more respect by default, are seen as more beautiful than black women, etc. that has nothing to do with whether or not each white girl personally thinks she is better than black girls, its more a matter of can every single white girl resist what she has been taught? White women are taught that they are by default better than black women. sure, not many of their parents sat them down in pre-school and said "okay honey see that little n***** over there? she has nothing on you" but it is very much implied in our society that they are without even having to say or think it yourself. just a thought.

i think on a subconscious level a hell of a lot of us as americans (if you are american, sorry I just assume these things ) think white women are better on one level or another. even in the black community which is a damn shame. you see lighter skin being praised by black people, we establish ideals on what "good hair" is and insist that our children relax their hair straight or hell at least put a texturizer on those naps lol, etc. I see that kind of...what can we call it? racism against self? well whatever you want to call it, I see it everyday. black women buy into the fact that they are "less than" and that white women are "better than" when it comes to beauty. skin bleaching creams are really popular in a lot of countries with predominantly black populations (asians use it way more though believe it or not). people seem so shocked when they see a black girl with natural kinky hair because hardly any black women want to wear their hair natural. they all relax their hair, get a blow out, or just weave it up. if black women have internalized that kind of racist spirit which has been passed down through centuries of mental oppression themselves (on top of other very real issues involving race like socio-economics and crime, etc.), what makes you think its even a question if many white women don't feel the same way ?

just my 2 cents. ;)

oh there was a mini-documentary called a "girl like me" about beauty and being black. the girl filming re-did the whole "black doll, white doll" test. I like seeing those things because I think children represent a very real, raw version of many of us. they haven't yet learned how to lie about their feelings or to themselves out of guilt or attach the b.s. onto the truth like so many of us do as we get older.

link

my sister sent me one that CNN did as well:

link

• Oops here's the second part of the cnn one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y52m-NqPrjo&NR=1

• White girls have nothing on black girls, it just comes down to centurys of brainwashing. To be a black woman means your the fruit of life, if any black females reading this DONT EVER FORGET THAT. If you live in america I feel doubly sorry for you because no other country brain washes its people as effectively and consistantly as america. They're trying their hardest to make us forget what we stood for and what we meant. We were the greatest people on the planet and we suffered for that.

• Are you kidding me DoctorSex? All countries have their problems but I'm happy to be an American. I find that kind of ironic of you to say when we have more freedom of speech, press, etc. than the U.K. does. I don't think black people are the greatest people on the planet. That's idiotic and ignorant and I'm above that. Humans are humans and that's it. We all come from the same place. So speak for yourself and other ignorant supremacists and I'll speak for myself. By the way I'm not even into black guys.

What Guys Said 41

• wow, I can see why you like this question, so many people are on edge here, the question is kinda blunt though, with everyone having to watch what they say and how they mean it, sie... But as for your question, yes, some do, some don't just like every race. Simple and to the point yes?

• Yes you understand.....and I agree

• some white girls think they are better than black girls, some black girls think they are better than white girls, most just don't give a f*** and think everyone is equal

• IF ANY BLACK GIRL IS READING THIS LISTEN TO ME NOW, BECAUSE I SPEAK WITH TRUTH AND KNOWLEDGE OF OUR PAST.

There is knowone on this planet that can hold a flame to what a black woman is. You are beyond beatiful and your excellence goes beyond the skin. We as a nation represented greatness.

We are where we are in this world because others envyed us and craved what we had. Once upon a time the world saw us as great knowledgable and spiritual people, then one day they snaked us, took it all away from us, killed our men and raped our females. Stole our history and burried it in front of our very eyes. They killed those of us that were educated and told the rest that we were no more importat than dogs. We were made into slaves and cast out of society.

But never forget who you are and understand me when I say I love you beyond words. You are my Mother, You are My Sister and My Daughter. I Love you more than you'll ever know. Please don't ever forget who you are, never try and be anyone else because believe me when I say everyone is trying to achieve what you were born with. Without you we would be lost, I would mean nothing.

I don't care if anyone hates me for saying this, I will always be trueful and if you can't stand that then keep living a lie.

I Know about the world, I Love ancient hitory so believe me I know a lot more than you. To all those haters, keep hating and do your research.

Peace and Love to all.

• : ) !!!

• Well written, thanks girl

• This is a beautifull message..

• Like all things I think its just the rough ones that take the spot light and give the rest of the flock a bad name.

I'm sure there are an equal amount from each race that feel they are superior to the other. Also that is racism... tooodeloo

• of course

as do some of all people in relationship to other people

Of course, the majority of people don't think in terms of "better than" so the question is actually talking about a small subset of people.

• an individual white girl may feel better than a black girl but that doesn't mean all of them feel that way. What a weird question.

• "as though they are better because they may get more opportunities such as jobs, schooling things like that" You have never heard of affirmative action then have you?

Its actually easier for minorities to get into college, and although some workplaces might discriminate against hiring due to racism carrying over into this century, as a whole once again, due to affirmative action, its easier for minorities to get the job.

Affirmative action... Look it up. It was created to cure the problems created by racism in aspects of school and work, yet it did quiet the opposite. It is legal racism that favors minorities. Pretty unconstitutional don't you think?

• You are completely insane/ignorant if you believe its easier for minorities to get into college, jobs, etc. bitter white people complaining about affirmative action should really do research before letting this kind of trash spill out. I mean really.

• Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educational_attainment_in_the_United_States

There is just a big a gap in races attaining higher education between blacks and white and Asians and whites.... Does that mean that whites need more help to get into college as well because the percents of whites isn't equal to the percents of Asians getting a degree?

• I agree with you that affirmative action is rather unconstitutional. I mean, I believe it helped America as a whole to get used to the idea that minorities were to be considered equal, but nowadays the whole idea of it is just... silly. Affirmative action has no place in modern society- especially when there are people out their with more experience, more knowledge or more need of a job or an education, but they aren't given an equal opportunity because they happen to be white. It's silly.

• ok, white girls are gonna be politically correct here, but the truth is, deeeeeeep down in their hearts, they do think that, unfortunately.

• stop fighting we (i) love you both

• What a remarkably stupid question.

• in the part of mass I live in there a racial heirarchy that goes black/hispanic, asain/exotic black, white. by exotic black I mean stuff like black people from the middle east and india

• But our d***s are bigger

• If they are frm the Middle East, they're Arab... if they're from India or whatever, they're Indian... they're not Black... in fact they will tell you so vehemently if you ever make that mistake of saying they are Black...

• It hurts girls with tiny ****s to get big d***s.. So you proud that you do girls with huge pussys? Ok? Its not about big d***s unless you have big pussy. Nasty. It can but its not always the case. try looking it up on this site dumb ass...

• Your question is way to much of a generalisation.

• Not so because a lot of people answered with understandable opinions and views what do you want me to say do "blonde" white girls think they are better then black girls with "weave"? its simply a question with a question mark at the end? but thanks for your input anyway Light Yagami

• You seem to have had a few bad experiences with white girls and your question is pointing at is this a trait in the entire race of white women

(GENERALISATION)

• I have had many experiences with both black and white but that's not why I'm asking this question

• My opinion is that all your opinions suck. Jk :P But to be honest (from a guy's point of view) I'm way more attracted to anything but black girls. No offense meant, but I guess 'im raised that way'? Its just pure looks though, if its just for friendship I take anyone with a good personality, no matter the skin color nor do I feel certain talents are limited to a single group. But I can think of asian/light brown/white girls right now that can give me a boner, but not a single black woman pops up.

• Ok truthful answer which I like

• im black and I'm light brown, what are you implying that all black women are dark brown? Even if a black girl is mixed she may choose to identify as black

• I am Indian and I can tell you that many Indian girls think they are better than the others...I think it is all because chicks are jealous/competitive, and when you come down to it, every girl wants to be better than every other girl...that's really what it's all about, and it's not about race at all...us guys are different, we are not like that and don't feel compelled to compete with other guys in the looks department, more in sports and things like that...

• I mean no disrespect, but this question is impossible. It's way, way to broad. I'll at least try to answer, though.

Do I believe that, as a general rule, the average white girl feels superior to the average black girl? I don't think so. But that's simply my opinion. If the question were reversed I'd have the same answer. I've met white girls that feel they are better than black girls, and I've met black girls that feel they are better than white girls. Overall, I think people know better than that, though.

• I don't think so. I think people of both races still walk around with chips on their shoulders.

• Some do, but this is wrong.

• dude.. white girls are better. honestly I could see myself loving asian, mexican, or even indian chicks.. for the most part black girls just aren't attractive unless they look almost white.

• Um ouch! lol jk well at least you're honest haha

• Uh no dis is not bein honest because I'm african american and I bet I luk better than all da flat ass girls you have dated, JUS 2 B HONEST!!!! so your opinion is stuid, but hey itz what you think

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I have seen ugly mexican, white, asian, and indian girls too.

• Personally I only date white girls,Thats has been my preference ever since way back when.Each race has it good girls and bads girls so if people think one is better than the other all together they are dead wrong.Some white girls think,what what I have gathered that black women are wild,loud,rude and as they say can't even speak proper English.Some black girls think white girls are spoil little bitches and run around and get what they want and the world belongs to them.Thing is I have met some black girls that act the same way.

• People have superiority complexes. Skin color has nothing to do with it.

• Skin color does for some people

• black girls have a horrible ego problem, maybe this question should be the other way around?

• So you think that's black girls have a bad ego? but white girls do to they just show it in a different way.

• No you wrong because da majority (not all) ah white girls act like spoiled tramps and sleep arround a lot so how can dey think dey better, so you sound dumb bucz black girls don't have ego problems get it straight. da 1 who typed dis dot so I guess I proved yo ass wrong!!!

• I've never slept around, and I'm white. I work for my education and my employment. Why are you making generalizations for millions of women?

• yea lets be all honest, white girls are way more attractive.

• Shut the hell up

• I think your prying into it way to much, its not that serious FernandoS

• Yea lets b honest and tell that dey not!!!!

• Do black girls think they are better than white girls?

• I know right :). Haha. Why does it matter. Even if they felt that way(which most don't) how

is asking this question gonna change anything ...

• Ye.

• White girls believe they're better as their ancestors weren't slaves.

• white people did have ancestors as slaves

• Your answer sounds very ignorant, do your research before you start just posting stuff

• You are taking millions of people and jamming them into the same category by race. It's all about culture. If you were raised to think you are better, chances are you will think that way. If you've lived to see how it negatively affects society, then you will know you are no better than anyone else. Does a dog that was trained to fight and kill other dogs care for their feelings?

• yea of course they do

• well here is a song that has the opposite view link

• they should...

• Great question. I think most do subconsciously and I totally agree with the BEST ANSWERER. Growing up SOME white people feel superior just like certain Blond girls thing they're the sh*t to be blond. Check it...if you're ugly you're ugly and being Blond aint' gonna help:) Same goes for skin color.

I also think its funny when people (usually white people in my experience) grow up and find out that NO you're not superior...there are a lot of non-white people that are more successful than you and better looking, more intelligent etc.:)

My life: I'm black, live in an upper middle class white neighborhood. I'm a successful executive and business owner who supervises several white middle managers. My wife stays home with our kids while the other wives on the block have to go to work to make ends meet:) We keep our sh*t tight and do many things as a family. I'm in shape and look great for my age. The funny thing is I KNOW that some of my neighbors/coworkers can't stand it! I'm sure some hate it because they may be racists...but for others I think it just shakes up everything they THOUGHT they knew about Black people:) I also just KNOW that the husbands on my block envy me. I know the wives envy my wife. Must be why the wives are so much nicer to me and the husbands are standoffish. Dude, take it easy...I don't want your wife! I got the good sh*t at home.

• Luv your answer, and your right when white people are faced with "oh wait I'm not better because I'm white" they do act standoffish ; )

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 114

• I think a fair assortment of all types of people think they are better than another group, for all sorts of reasons. In general, no white girls don't think they are better than black girls.

I must say that I think many caucasion girls who do look down on other races are actually just jealous of some physical attribute they don't have that the other race does. But it's probably just as true for black girls, asian girls, hispanic girls, etc . . .

Either way, we're women, we have a million reasons for being bitchy.

(I'm not saying I'm proud of that, but its true.)

• Ha I need to stop coming back to check on these questions...the answers get crazier every time. lol

I keep reading the OP saying "dont knock other peoples opinions" and things like that. Just a random thought. While everyone has the right to their own opinion and to voice it, I don't quite get the "we shouldn't trash other peoples opinions" or "all opinions are equal." That's complete nonsense, no offense. Not all people are educated about the same things so not all people are even on the same level intellectually. Some people are just uninformed. Others have strong racist prejudices as a result of being uneducated, lacking in intelligence, etc. So no, I have to say I don't consider my opinion to be any where near the same level as someone who walks around saying things like the guy above did, "white women are generally better than black women at everything except rap, r&b, hip hop, and gospel music." Are you kidding me? Yes, I will criticize opinions like those, as that is my right of free speech and no, our opinions are not equal. We aren't even operating in the same mind set for christ sake. So, by all means, have your opinion. I'm not saying you shouldn't speak your mind but I'm not going to buy into this ridiculous belief that all opinions are equal or that we shouldn't criticize both our own opinions and others opinions. that's pretty much all I wanted to add. for now. ;)

• Yes...some of them do just like some black girls think they are better than whites. In the end? They are wrong. No one is better than the other. It's that sort of mindless banter that causes wars on all scales.

• O I agree...but do you think its sometimes because how they have been treated like they are better because they are white..they should get the first opportunity because they are white..and for the black girls do they think they think they are better because they sense that type of attitude from them

• To some yes. My point is that people think all different things for all different reasons. Now, what is your reasoning behind this question?

• Just wanted to know peoples reasons and what people thought...its interesting

• I'm a white girl.

Some do, some don't. Some girls don't feel like they can relate to black women for some reason so that can look like they think they're better than them. Others can relate or find common interests so they're more open to being friends with black girls. I have a few myself. My best friend is mixed!

Also, some white girls feel like black girls might try to judge them or be like, what's this white girl doing? ha ha like in movies(I know, stupid excuse but some people believe movies lol)

So I feel like it's all about how shy the girls are and if they feel relatable or not.

• i am white, and wouldn't mind whatsoever being half black half white

i think the skin tone is gorgeous

either that or latino

people who are racist about colour are ridiculous, especially white people

exotic and dark skin tones are the best!

• not all girls are like this but being half Asian myself I get the snob attitude from a few who are too proud to associate with other races or bi-racial people...but I guess it exists in all races, and it shouldn't. I hate talking to snobs like those who think they're better than others. this is a good question.

• Yea...it does seem like that they only like to associate with "thier Kind"

• I'm just surprised when I see a question like this. Life isn't about generalizations. There is no single woman who represents and can speak for all white women or black women or any group comprised of individuals who are the same. Regardless of race, I'm sure there are men and women of every walk of life who think they are better than others just as there are some who will inherently feel worse off.

• I agree with what everybody else has said in that some probably do just like some black girls probably think they are better than some white girl.

I have a motto I made up and I remind myself of it any time I start feeling proud or superior to someone - The moment you believe you are better than someone else...you cease to be.

• I like that saying.... it show that you are more secure with yourself when you are able to put yourself in a place where you don't think I'm better then that person for whatever reason. I do the same as you but you just put words to it ; )

• I know this is an old question, but I have to say...

Sometimes, living in a very sheltered, educated, and politically correct environment, I lose face of why certain African American's hold so much aggression against Caucasians.

and then I read things these answers, and I realize; racism and ignorance are still stronger than the few of us out there who want to change things. I forgot how hateful people can be.

:(

So saddening. I want you to know though, I'm white and I find black women beautiful, as a race at large, but I judge people from there personal merits and I could say the same for all nationalities of women.

Race is nothing but collective traits shared by a group of people. If your beautiful your beautiful if not your not. That is as far as I take race when grouping someone.

I will most likely love you or hate you for who you are, not what you are, and I judge talent not on what your RACE can do, but what YOU can do.

Sometimes I think I'm all alone on this one. Or maybe it's an environmental thing, up here racism doesn't seem to be as present...

• Not the ones I've met...i went to a black and white school, with a few indians and mexicans, and it wasn't a racist place (well the students werent racist)...and if someone thought they were better than someone else it never had anything to do with color, it was more of a "im a bitch and you're below me" kind of thing, and that came from all races..but I can only speak from what I've witness and what I know based on where I'm from...

• uhhh yeah, they are..

• Thats sad that you feel that way....but everybody has there own opinion

• Gurl you sound stupid because ain't nuthin you have better dan what I got!! but that's your opinion, I would jus lyk 2 kno why you feel dis way?

• Look at her she is a white girl, who probably is not around many black people, and or is around black people and they might have not been nice to her..or her family might be racist so she has this view in her head that she and all white girls are better..plus probably what she see on TV and also she may live in a racist area...so many things

• Ok on the last two updates, I think that is true for some people. I'm white and I totally do not think I am better than anyone, no matter their race, gender, etc.

• are you one of those black girls that makes the rest of us look bad?

• Nope why do you feel like this question is making you look bad?

• Oh wow this chick is rascist as hell

• She sure iz and ha ass ain't better den nobody else

• I'm white and in no way do I think I am better than anyone else.

• Wtf?

• Absolutely not. For me skin color doesn't determine who a person is, its their personality that makes them who they are. Unfortunately these days you find many girls that feel they are superior to a certain race simply because they were brought up to think that way or their peers led them to believe this. Nobody can speak for everyone, its all a matter or personal beliefs.

• haha,..i can't answer for every single girl out there,..but majority of white girls don't really care I think, I don't see any problems with it,...for me personaly,..I don't think I am in any way better than a black girl,..in most cases I actualy think they are a bit better in some ways (from the ones I have seen). I think they are very beutiful and have great bodies, personality wise,..they are just huiman, and just girls, black or white. I am not sure why you are asking this question,...but I don't think it should matter, cause it is a very general question, and it is not gonna apply much in life.

P.S. sorry for the long answer :P

I also have a question that I am probably gonna post later, do balck guys have any problem dating a white girl,...I mean I would like to aproach this really cute black guy,...I am just not sure how he would feel about it.

• I certainly hope not. I am vanilla/white and have never had any girlfriends say anything that would indicate that they felt they were better than Black girls. There probably are certain White girls with superiority complexes but I don't think that's the case across the board.

• no not at all. race honestly doesn't matter to me at all.

• I don't think I am better than a black girl. Just different background I have.

• not me, its just skin.

• We should be the generation to kill stuff like this. It's old, and we're all equal. This is why it will never stop, because people never let go. I'm black and I like all races. If we try hard enough, questions like these will NEVER have to be asked again.

• Well I think racism is like a tattoo over time it fades but it never really goes away

• That's why I said we have to try. People don't think it's possible because we're so used to it happening. Put forth the effort and it can be done.

• i don't think that white girls are better. depends on the whole appearance and personality... I personally prefer my skin the way it is... it's pale white :P but when it's summer I get a slightly 'golden' tone that suits me too so I don't mind!

• I can only answer for myself, I do NOT think I'm better than any other female of any other ethnicity! Further more, I believe it takes all kinds to make a world! I think we all have something unique to offer though. It's all a matter of opinion/perspective who's better than who, isn't the same for me as it is for you.

• Very good answer...yes I feel the same exact way

• Im a whitie &i fer sure don't think I'm better than any black girls.

• It's more of a gender issue than racial issue.What chick doesn't walk around thinking she's the hottest sh*t on earth?

• I do NOT. It is just wrong to think you are better then anyone.

Everyone has value and everyone is different. So saying you are better then someone means that your existence takes priority over theirs. And that can not be right.

• I don't. But there are probably some people who think they are better than other races.

• That question is racist ..No they are equal to me : )

• i don't think its the race its the girl. there are some black girls that I'm jealous of because there so pretty!

• More from Girls
    84