He says he misses me but rarely calls and texts back?!!

I've been seeing this guy for a little over a month now. When we're together the time spent is amazing! We have the stupidest kinds of fun and he definitely shows affection. He tells me he misses me and how he loves my company. We've talked about what we want in a relationship since we are late 20's early 30's. But why does he rarely text back and call?! It's so annoying and confusing! My question is does a man really mean what he says? Should I be taking the rare texts and calls as a not interested sign? I don't wanna hound him because we're still very early on and I'm far from the clingy type. Just hate mixed signals! Men please input :)

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• Dear... I can understand Ur situation since I had gone through something similar situation... In my personal view you should never expect anything from the opposite SEX unless or until you are committed... Since it hurts..Actually in my case I met this gal in a dance class and then we were not in touch for almost 3~4 years and then we again got in touch through Face book and we started to talk... Initially she use to talk a lot, but after sometime she started giving reason that her mom is around or sis is around...I keep on texting her and call her but she rarely pick up... And when we plan to met she is the most happy person on the earth to be with me..And enjoys every moment like it is the last one...So this has happen continuously for 2 month.. There was a time when I was completely truly nd maddly in love with her.. but she was not having time and I feel like she is ignorning me... so I stop expecting much from her and I would like to say I am a much happy person now...In my opinion don't ignore him, don't fight with him just don't expect, and may be he takes you as a very good friend and may be busy in some job or with family... so don't expect and the mixed signal will be stopped if you use this filter of non-expectation...

• you're right thanks! until we're committed I shouldn't be stressing it too much! it just gets annoying constantly wondering if someone's serious or not

• Now you are on the right track dear... but don't get derailed from this track since it will hurt a lot... and there can be times when you see that person with someone else.. so be prepared... and don't expect.Be good to him and be yourself since you have a golden heart... and let him feel your value in his life...

• Hey dear... would you mind rating the answer... thanks..

What Guys Said 2

• Have you had sex with him yet?If so then he doesn't really like you, when we like girls there really isn't a time when they completely slip our mind and we definitely will not lose track of how long we have texted/called you.

• no sex yet

• texting is b-o-r-i-n-g: boring. The same goes for phone calls.

What Girls Said 6

• The advice I've always gotten that holds true is that IF someone likes you, they will stop at nothing to be with you. If they don't call or text you, especially as a reply, then move on. It seems that he is talking to you in his own terms rather it be just for his own amusement or he's simply busy. I can't imagine trying to get close to someone, especially if dating, if you rarely talk to them. Enjoy the company for what it is, but don't delve into it deeper. Perhaps stay friends and hang out, but don't date until he at least makes serious effort.

• I don't know if you've found an answer that you liked for this or not, but when this happens to me, I just don't reach out to contact them. I figure they're either playing games, aren't interested in me, or that they're tired of me trying to contact them. If he starts to realize that you're not trying as hard, and starts contacting more, you'll know how he feels. If he doesn't do anything about it, I would probably cut my losses and move on. As far as I'm concerned, you're never too busy to text or send a two minute phone call to someone you're into. It really doesn't take that much effort.

• all I gotta say about this is Actions speak louder than words. he can tell you a million times he misses u, but if he ain't showin it, he's BSing

• Do you know him from internet dating? I only ask because this is pretty typical behavior for people that meet through match.com

• wasn't match.com ha ha but yea it was an offline meet up

• Show Older
    • right now it's an open relationship we both agreed it takes a couple months of dating before an exclusive title

• I totally agree with this. My experience with online dating has been pretty similar :/

• i was in a very similar situation, except this guy was actually extremely busy with work. I knew it, and so I put in a lot more effort than I usually prefer. 1 or 2 times he didn't text back and I was pretty hurt. the 3rd time, I had asked him to hang out, he never texted back. done. I was hurt/pissed so I didn't let myself. about a month later he got in touch with me.. and has been knocking on my door ever since :)what I'm saying is, there needs to be a point where you won't put up with crap anymore. don't be wishy washy, just disappear on him like he does to you. don't expect him to get in touch with you, just move on. put in your effort, but if he's not reciprocating in the way he should, let it go.

• Maybe he's just busy. some guys do this because they know it makes the girl miss them

• yes some jerks do this.