Dear GirlsAskGuys Community, Use More Pictures Of Non-White People!

Dear GirlsAskGuys Community, Use More Pictures Of Non-White People!In order to celebrate human diversity, there should be more pictures of non-White people. While I understand that even GirlsAskGuys have this fault of using too many pictures of White people, I believe this does not mean that regular users should do the same. Rather, to balance out the White-majority pictures, 60% of the people pictures must contain people of milk chocolate brown or dark brown skin.

Pictures of dark-skinned people do exist! You just have to search for them more carefully on Google or Bing! I prefer using Google, because Google seems to be smarter at finding relevant images for me. Below, I am going to provide examples of such pictures.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 26

Why do you care?

Hell no!

"60% of the people pictures must contain people of milk chocolate brown or dark brown skin." This is the statement of a SJW. Such statements tend to engender resentment and are counterproductive to your position.

Ponder this statement. The fact that you are CONVINCED of the correctness of your beliefs does not mean that the rest of us MUST follow you.

I also don't believe that you really want to celebrate ALL diversity. DOing so would mean that the photos used would reflect ALL aspects of our culture. Perhaps 1% of the photos used should show people dressed in KKK garb. Maybe 1% should show minority members engaged in acts of looting and vandalism. Maybe a few pictures should show university professors showing prejudice against students who dare to express conservative viewpoints. 70% of the pictures must show Christians. Only about 4% of the questions can have an LGBT focus. 64% of the questions from the US must concern Caucasians.

Do you want to agree to follow these rules?

I'm not sure what kind of reaction you were expecting, but the crowd isn't sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya with you. You might want to evaluate your methods of persuasion and develop a Plan B.

Users are free to use whatever pictures they like. As for the circled pictures in the pic, those are the default images for questions and polls; they are not actively selected.

I don't think users should have to go out of their way to use pictures they have no intentions of using but why are the stock photos only white? I've always wondered why no one else is present in any of the default pictures for any of the topics? Like there seriously isn't ONE stock photo that someone who isn't white is in. It just doesn't exist here and it doesn't make sense.

@Relentless_Hippie Maybe the company hired 2 people, a male and a female, to be models for a photo shoot. They took the photos, and so the 2 people are the same people over and over again. That's my guess. :P

There's a lot of different people in all of the pics. I feel like these were just images found online.

I'm TRIGGERED!

Nah it could help to get more people to join if they felt there was better representation.

But white people are better looking than non white people though. Pictures should stay as they are.

In my last myTake, I used two black people (1 guy and 1 girl) along with Asians and whites ^_^
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a29527-no-equipment-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere
    #Equality #SayNoToRacism

Another racist black complaining. All things are racist, all the time, to them, except themselves who are the most racist of all.

How do you know she's black? She sounds stupid yeah but all she's doing is calling for more diversity.

She said milk chocolate brown to dark brown people which could easily include Asians, Hispanics, mixed raced people, Indians, Arabs, Natives, and many more. She even gave pictures to show what she meant and there weren't even that many black people. She had two black people, two Indian people, and three Asians.

@Relentless_Hippie she would have complained by now. So yeah, she is.

I actually don't give a FUCK if they do or not. I'm a black man that has too much dignity to beg for validation and acceptance fro other races.

Why?

Anyone who embraces diversity is necessarily a racist. You must be a racist.

Here is why.

Diversity exists only because groups of people lived in semi-isolation. That isolation can continue in a mixed society due to parts of town that are one ethnic group or another.

But if people have no physical barriers to interacting, then those who are not racists will get together with other groups and the distinction will disappear, both in culture and genetically.

The only way to maintain diversity in a society without physical barriers is to be a racist.

There are a lot of North American and European people on here. Stop being a racist. If you want other skin tones then write some content and put some other pictures in. Don't expect white people that take their time to write articles to go away from what they relate to, to comfort your racist views.

So we're supposed to make choices based on race rather than the overall suitability of the picture?

If I'm writing a mytake and appropriate pictures of whites are more accessible than comparable pictures of blacks, I see zero reason to dig for a picture of the "right race".

TL;DR: There's no need to insist everyone go out of the way to make a minority show up in the majority of their pictures, always comes across as cheesy and race obsessed anyhow.

Also, you totally left out Indians and Asians in your quota. Red and yellow people count too, you prejudiced prick.

Actually she included Asians and Indians and one of the ladies could pass for Hispanic. Did you not even see the pictures she posted?

She said milk chocolate brown or dark brown skin. While that criteria was certainly stupid that doesn't only mean black people. There are plenty of Hispanics, Asians, Indians, mixed people, Arabs, and many others who could easily fall under that category. She even provided pictures to show what she meant.

Also im not a hippie my name is contradictory to what im actually like. If you see my posts it's very obvious in the answers i give.

Oh god. lmao. Users are free to post any pictures that they choose. In b4 social justice warriors make GAG incorporate a new rule in which we have to submit a picture of BLM activist on every mytake.

How about I use any picture that I want to use.

"Race doesn't exist, we're all one race - the human race"

"GAG you use too many picture of this race"

Pick one.

I'm not white and I don't really care.

What the hell d

That is a fair point but google doesn't help the cause either unless you specify non white it tends to return about 95% white pictures - So you could be looking for something like "Sad Person" on Google images, I am doing it now (first page easily 90% white), I tend to pick the first relevant image no negative intent just convenience.

I just did the same google search for "sad person" and on the first page of images there were in the first 20 images, about 5 people of color.

@BeeNee Bad maths 77 were white

Out of curiosity, I did look up how Google got it's images, which I'm sure is the same for Ireland, and it said: "image search engines such as Google Images get their images from bots that crawl the web. In Google's case, the "googlebot" crawler is scouring the Internet for the latest and greatest content to include in its index. When it finds images, its algorithm makes the decision about whether or not to include the image and what types of queries the image would be relevant for based on text-based signals such as file name, alt text, captions, surrounding text and so on."

im not white okay but seriously.. what! who cares about that?

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 11

Telling people to use more picture of POC sounds like forcing them to do something, not 'celebrating diversity'. Unless the inclusion of token black-guys and token -Asians in most movies actually helps you sleep better at night...

I absolutely agree with this. All the default pictures are white, and most of the posts, even if they pertain to literally anybody of any race, use exclusively white persons. I can maybe understand the take writers, I mean, they write and post whatever they want in their takes, but as the site that caters to the public, aka, people of all races and nationalities, there is a startling lack of diversification.

I really try my best to insert pictures of not just black and white people, but I actively search for Asians, Hispanics, Indians, the whole spectrum because I understand the value of being able to see yourself reflected back on tv, social media, advertisements, etc.

The people that take offense to takes and articles like this, are, no shock, usually going to be white people who on this, and many other social media sites or television, etc. don't have to worry or even think about being represented in anyway. They absolutely take it for granted that at every turn almost, they are represented so they don't see a problem with you or any other person of color being represented because a problem is only ever usually a problem when it affects you.

I don't think that girls ask guys is using only white people images on purpose...

This is stupid XD
    What happened to "skin color doesn't matter" if skin color doesn't matter than why should the pictures? And if you believe skin color does matter then "you're a racist". But seriously, a person is a person. There is nothing wrong with posting pics of white people. Are white people less valued to you or something?

I can agree that we should diversify the site considering there are members that aren't white. However you can't demand or force the members to all you can do is ask nicely. Or constantly complain to the people that run the site until they do something about it.

I do agree it would be nice to see more diversity on GAG but from GAG not from the users of gag. To demand that the users here provide images of people they otherwise wouldn't use is stupid. Why should anyone change the look of their take to fit whatever criteria you specifically are setting?

I will say this, for GAG's default images it would be nice to see more than just white people. Not because I'm anti anything but because it's very discouraging to never see yourself represented in anything, even in a stock photo. I understand their are picture for random topics and if someone doesn't have a picture on their question or take the GAG's stock photo will be used but why are ALL the stock photos white? Every topic we have a stock photo for there could be other people in. Family and friends, Guy's Behvior, Girl's behavior, Shopping and gifts, Relationships etc. Someone who isn't white could be present.

I'm not saying change every single stock photo of white people to no white people because that's just another form of prejudice but it doesn't make any sense how there is zero diversity at all.

Yeah, I'm not so sure the stock photos chosen are so random. Stock photography is full of diversity because the photographers don't know who will need what represented in their images so in order to get more money, they take photos often of the same situations, but with different races or different combinations. Even the random photos you see in photo frames are filled with diversity.

As a website, GaG is frequently making changes to every thing, and it is incredibly hard to believe that if they can figure out a ton of algorithms to make this site run properly, someone can't go on over to stock images and say pluck out a couple of POC for the site because as far as I know, it's not just for white people... and stock images are meant to represent ordinary people, and as far as I know, LOL, POC are ordinary people too!

I honestly didn't care either way, but this is interesting

I'm sorry. But LMAOO!!!

Ahh, 2016 when everyone gets offended by everything. Soon you'll be bashing people for breathing.

I actually agree on the more diversity thing.