• Ask
  • myTake

Why do guys stare at me?

Why do guys stare at me, but NEVER say a word to me? Guys, not all, but some stare at me and to be honest I don't mind at all. It's just that they never say anything to me. When I catch them staring, I smile and they just look away or smile back. What's with guys that do that?

Lol I never asked if they were interested. I myself don't think that because someone stares they automatically like you. I just noticed this a lot with guys and wanted to know what's up.

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• For one, there isn't necessarily an indication that they're interested in you. Most likely, they are just being observant of their surroundings. I find myself at least glancing at people all the time (and believe me, it isn't because 60 year old men are attractive). Alternatively, they could just be checking you out. Maybe they like the shirt you're wearing. Maybe they noticed a feature of your body that they liked (or didn't like, which is also possible). Maybe you had toilet paper on your shoe. Maybe he does think you're super hot, but his girlfriend would flip out if she saw him checking you out.In short, somebody looking at you doesn't mean they think you're super hot and want to date you immediately. Most of the time, just looking at someone doesn't mean they need to initiate conversation.

• This is about the only answer that did it for me.

What Guys Said 5

• Young guys - they don't know how to walk over and say their desires. "Hey your hot, wanna go to the movies" ; that or they are too scared/nervous to be that blunt or obvious.(20+ years old) - They are being polite by smiling back. If they are walking past, chances are that they have somewhere to be or that they don't believe they could get with you - so they would rather not waste your time.Best regards,ArtistBBoy

• they're trying to show you that they're interested in you.I bet these guys are black, because that's what black guys do.. stare you down, show you they like you, but don't make a move.. because it doesn't go with the flow..well.. it doesn't.. unless you make it by being smooth..maybe you should go places other than the mall, where black guys could stare you down and also not have to walk by you and say "psst".. instead sit-down beside you and talk to you.. tell you why they were staring you down.. etc

• Can you drop the race bs?

• If they were staring at you in the right sort of way they are probably shy.

• Most of the time I would say they are just curious. That said, being a shy guy with no confidence I often find myself stealing glances at girls I fancy. If I get caught, am usually flustered and often offer a smile. It those cases, I keep telling myself I am an idiot and should not stare, but in my heart I just wish that she would smile back and maybe strike up a conversation.

What Girls Said 4