I can't build up the courage to talk to a girl at all.

I'm 18, play college football(Linebacker), I train with pro bodybuilders and NFL players so I am cut all over,I've been told on numerous occasions that I was cute and/or sexy...i even see girls staring at me when I run around campus

Here is the thing I can't build up the courage to talk to a girl at all...I don't know why, but I cant...growing up I was really over weight until my junior year of high school...I would always be turned down when ever I approached a girl so eventually I just stopped... My teammates and coaches point out how certain girls give me obvious signs but I'm so nervous I don't c them...

My point is, I kinda think its funny how I'm not afraid of breaking a bone or dislocating my shoulder, but I'm afraid of talking to a girl...

Does anyone else have or have had this problem?

when I do talk to a girl, I get so nervous that I can't stop talking, lol

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems like your insecurity from your past experiences with girls stop you from getting what you want.

Remind yourself that your a goodlooking guy and that any girl would be lucky to have you.

You gotta have that mentally or a girl isn't going to see you as a prize.

• +1 I strongly agree.

And as for advice to talk to girls,as silly as this will sound,try practicing in a mirror,it helps.When approaching the girl smile,relax,and try to be a good listener.If you appear to be nervous,you might come off as creepy to some,but if the girl is worth it,she will give you a chance :)

• @Sexy-Senior-09:

See the thing is.....i know its the insecurity thing but I just go numb at the thought....i mean had sum really epic bad rejections, like the kinds you see in comedy movies.....

I tried that and got caught by my roommate...next day he put me on blast