Would a girl that's "too hot for you" put you off?

I'm going to sound so conceited whichever way I word this such. I'm not a superficial person, I study medicine and devote my life to charity. I met my boyfriend at university, he was overweight, tall and mot typically gorgeous. I thought he was perfect. Over the course of our two year relationship he lost weight, changed his hair and facial hair, changed his style. I didn't see the need and only notice it when I compare photos. I'm a part-time model and everyone always joked about how I was too good for him etc etc. This killed me as I couldn't convince him that I was sooooo attracted to him. He was my first boyfriend, because I never wanted one but he changed my mind because he was so amazing, inside and out. His insecurities got the better of him and he broke up with me a few months ago. We always were close and soon after we quietly started seeing each other again.

He's still not ready to get back into a relationship with me but we pretty much are apart from the label. We're long distance right now as it's summer but when term starts at university we'll see each other every day.

I've put on a bit of weight, I'm a size UK 10, which I think is a US 6? Not sure, I was a 6/8 when we met (US 2/4?) and I want to go back to my natural size. I also have gone to being blonde for a modeling campaign I've got. I'm actually really worried this is going to put him off me, and making me worry about losing the weight! Is there ever a case of a girl "being too hot for you"? Btw, I shower him with compliments, never talk about guys who are interested in me, and make sure he knows I'm his and my body is for his eyes only.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is possible but it all stems from the guy's low self esteem/poor self image/insecurity. Unless he can do something to raise his own self image and self esteem he will always be wondering in the back of his mind what someone like you could possibly see in him, and it CAN (not saying it will, but CAN) lead to lack of trust of you and other things that COULD cause the relationship to implode on itself. Unfortunately there isn't really anything YOU can do on your end to help that you aren't already doing, except formaybe stepping up to defend him when your friends say things like that about him.

In my experience the best thing he can do for his own self image (because this worked for me despite being overweight and not exactly being successful with the ladies) is trying to move up in life by doing things such as getting a better job or education, etc. But for him he may need other things instead.

• Oh I do defend him, even though it's weird now because we've broken up and not many people know we're quietly seeing each other. He's so cocksure in everything else! He's got confidence, he's a real man, that's why I love him. He's started doing charity work too, and trust me, he's not the stereotypical type to do that. I'm just worried that by doing things that would make me more "attractive" it will drive him away. He hates having a weakness. Esp it being me, a girl.