You are beautiful because you say so!

I'm sure you've heard that some guys like girls who "don't know they're beautiful" and that, this fact, makes them even more beautiful.

And I'm sure you've even listened to songs that say:

"You don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful" ~ One Direction, What makes you beautiful.

"Tap on my window, knock on my door, I want to make you feel beautiful" ~ Maroon 5, She will be loved.

"You fix your make up, just so Guess you don't know you're beautiful" ~John Legend, You and I.

"Girl let me love you and I will love you until you love yourself" ~ Ne Yo, Let me love you.

"If your mirror won't make it any clearer, I'll be the one to let you know" ~ John Legend, You and I.

"Yeah, I know, I know when I compliment her she won't believe me. And it's so, it's so sad to think she doesn't see what I see" ~ Bruno Mars, The way you are.

Well, guess what, you don't need no guy to let you know you're beautiful. And plus, What if you did know you're beautiful?

I used to get very annoyed when I got comments from strangers while I'm walking on the streets, like "Hey, beautiful, what's up?" or "Wow, you're such a cutie" or "Hello pretty, you look smokin". But a couple of days ago, I saw this video and after that, even though I did know I was beautiful, it made me look at several situations differently. For instance, yesterday at the supermarket, I was with my sister on the escalators when some guy hurriedly passed us and said "Excuse me, beauties". He did have that perverted look but, for the first time, I took that as a compliment.

That doesn't mean that I'm gonna be responding to perverted strangers when they compliment me. Don't get me wrong, it still bothers me when being catcalled but, from the inside it should make you go like:

You are beautiful because you say so!

So yeah, I thought about sharing this with my fellow gagers to make them see that they actually are beautiful and they don't need a guy to tell them that for them to believe it.

Have an awesome day, lovelies!

BumbleSuperBee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 14

• The males who comment on this post seem to forget beauty really does lie in the eye of the beholder.

Sure, there are some extreme cases: Where as some people are considered attractive by nearly everyone (like Megan Fox), and some people are considered unattractive by nearly everyone (like some rare deformities), but an overwhelming majority of people fall in between these extreme cases.

• Thanks for sharing Nostalgia!!! :)

• I can't take a Buzzfeed video seriously, it's like taking seriously a KKK's talk about how we should end racism.

• You hate when you're compliment ed and you hate when you're not complemented... I swear women are a paradox within themselves.

• You don't understand the consequences of your actions. If you somehow change everyone's views on beauty the way you want, then it will completely destroy the meaning of beauty. And if everybody's beautiful, then no one will truly be beautiful. Why can't people just accept some people are better looking than others?

• Because people are immature and weak

• Where exactly did I say "everybody is beautiful"?
      I don't even believe that. Why don't u try to read and understand what I was trying to say without being so close minded

• My mistake, I should have made this more clear. I meant to say if everybody thinks they are beautiful. And please, I'm being closed minded? You're the one going around making everybody narcissistic.

• wut? the fact of being not so secure about how nice you look comes with naturally having a less arrogant aura but also has it's downsides. combine it with the mindset of not giving the appearance too much value then you got a nice setup

• An old saying:
    A monkey looks like a gazelle in his mother eyes.

• I am sorry but that video is bs. A woman trying to get attention for something that doesn't matter and no one cares about. There are ugly people and there are beautiful people. There are ugly people with a shitload of confidence like the woman in your video and then there are gorgeous people with 0 self esteem. Pop song lyrics are crap cause "artists" didn't spend enough time in school to realise how hilarious they sound.
    https://youtu.be/JrGYLNHfUwE

• Good take. I think it goes beyond just women though. Some guys probably think (this was me in the past) they aren't good looking when they'll get glances / stares from others checking them out.

Also, beauty is more than just skin deep.

• I love how divided the genders are on their opinions on this take

• Almost everything I hate is in this take, Paris hilton and a bunch of shitty music, lol. (Well dont know John Legend so can't say anything about him). But I do agree that you shouldn't need a guy or girl for that matter to think or embrace your own beauty but it is much more attractive in my opinion being humble. Like someone who walks around thinking they are so beautiful and what not kinda automatically makes them less beautiful, hence also all these phrases of someone being beautiful who dosent realise it cause it kinda makes them more attractive when they are less cocky sort of. Can be the same about guys too, although seem to be much less when I think about it. Anyway are so many factors to it all tho, cause are a lot who purposly say they aren't beautiful so they get compliments how they are all the time too. Fishing for it basically. So they get that attention. Others again just dont really care at all, which is cool those few who do in my opinion.

Ps: (Yes yes, know wanna downvote me cause of the music thing, go ahead, but just my opinion).

• Lol. I'm not gonna downvote you cause of your taste in music. From the artists I mentioned, I only listen to Maroon 5 :p
      Yes, I agree with your point of view, especially when you said that guys can have the same jerky attitude when they know they can get any girl cause of their looks. But I gotta say, you rarely find a girl who's beautiful but doesn't know it. Difference is, there are girls who know they're pretty and are superior but others who are still nice and treat others equally. That doesn't mean she doesn't know she's beautiful. It just means she's pretty and a nice person.

• True, are no absolutes in my opinion. And thats good :). No doubt be more peace on earth if everyone was better at just understanding each other.

Although, did get my downvote in the end :), yay?, lol :)

• Haha there's always gonna be haters and stubborn people

• 1|8
    • Oh , I see.. I hit the nail, didn't I?

• wtf u mean his disgusting? he just posted pics of females. u obviously analysed those pics and decided they were beautiful or not. gender equality. not all females are beautiful, and not all males are beautiful. that's science.

• Savage! You're awesome!

• No thats not it at all. When a guys says stuff like "You don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful." that means she isn't a narcissistic bitch. She thinks of others not just herself. And yes, despite the rumors guys DO care about women's personality and how they treat others. Maybe instead of trying to get women to be narcissistic you should try and tell them to think of others as well as themselves.

• So what you're saying is that girls who know they're beautiful are narcissistic bitches. How typical of you. That's exactly what the girl from the vid mentioned. That just cause a girl knows she's pretty, it makes her vain and bitchy. Yes, I do know appearances are not the only think that matter for guys. Of course it matters how she treats others.
      A girl can know she's beautiful and be sweet and nice to others. And plus, There's no pretty girl who doesn't know she's beautiful.

• Yea way to put words in other peoples mouth. She is narcissistic, she thinks only of herself, she is never wrong, everyone else must bow to her will, and she is pretty no matter what. And when someone calls her out on being narcissistic, "I just have confidence in myself." What a load. And dont pretend you know me lol.

• To say everyone is "beautiful" is a lie.

What Girls Said 7

• everyone is beautiful

• I'm still ugly though.

• No need to be hard on yourself. Most people who are like that are much better looking than they think.

• thanks 4 this awesome mytake! :D

• "Girl let me love you and I will love you until you love yourself" ~ Ne Yo, Let me love you.

this sentence right there is full of bs

• I normally don't like these kinds of things, but that video I actually agree with. "You don't know you're beautiful, that's what makes you beautiful" I never liked that line, I don't listen to their music and I couldn't care less about their opinions but it just sends a signal that men likes low confidence in women, so they can swoop in like the night in shiny armor and save the damsel in distress - which is not true. They make it sound like women are supposed to under validate themselves, it's a terrible mind setting.

• Nice MyTake

• this is such a nice take and something i needed! by the way i loved that video that girl in the video is beautiful as well. funny thing is i always see people on this site asking for validation and it sickens me but never thought that i should think myself beautiful without needing validation as well

• The only think that matters is what YOU think of yourself. Who cares what others think..

• exactly! the both things are not mutually exclusive.. cause i have seen it and it is possible smh lol

• It is possible. I've seen it as well... most of my girl friends are really really pretty and not bitchy at all...