Your Body & You: Thigh Gap Edition

This is a public service announcement aimed towards all the women who feel like their thigh gaps (or lack of one) make them less attractive in the eyes of others:

Your Body & You: Thigh Gap Edition

Front and center, ladies.

First of all, the vast majority of us do not mind whether or not you have one. I'm talking at least 90% of us. Most guys do not care if you have/don't have one, and a lot of us don't even pay attention to it (I can't say the same about lesbians with absolute certainty, but I'm sure many of them would agree). We still find all of you attractive regardless of your size, height, or color.

Yeah, work that body acceptance.

Second of all, learn to love and appreciate yourselves before you even worry about what others think of you. Start looking at your reflections and realize just how beautiful you are. Wear whatever color or style of jeans, shirts, skirts, or dresses that you want. Be as girly as you can be, or be the complete opposite. If you don't want to eat a salad then don't, eat a whole chocolate cake if you want. Do what makes you happy. Stop being your own harshest critic and start being your own cheerleader.

And lastly, stop bullying each other over it.

Even if it's hot to look at.

For as long as mankind has recorded history, women have been severely oppressed. Slavery, forced prostitution, open discrimination, deprivation, etc. You name it, women as a whole have gone through it and it was considered to be the norm. But you all have worked hard and fought for the same rights as men (rights that you should have been given in the first place).

See this? This should not have been necessary.

We are in a new era. Women can now have an education, vote, hold political positions, run companies, fight for their countries, be the breadwinner of the household, and even pee while standing (via plastic thingy-ma-bobber). While the plights on society previously mentioned do still happen in the world today (largely in the Eastern Hemisphere), it is no longer morally acceptable and both men and women are doing what they can to fight it. You all had given each other support through those dark times, so why are you degrading one another now? Especially over something so insignificant? Rosie the Riveter would be disappointed in you.

In both your behavior and your brow game.

"Why the sudden history lesson, Xelebrum?" I'll tell you why, fellow GAG member! History is one of the most important things to learn, even if some may find it boring. We take history classes not only to earn the required credits, but to learn from both the accomplishments and the mistakes of our ancestors so that we may better ourselves and grow. Do not take what the women of the past have gone through for granted. Stop needlessly hurting one another and start learning how to put aside any differences in a peaceful and respectful manner.

Unless you're near an octagon.

That is all.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 17

• I didn't know some women have problem with their thigh gapes. Anyway, I have never noticed it on another women and I have never heard a guy having problem with a girl's thighs. :)

• This was pretty good. As someone who used to obsess over wanting a thigh gap, it's good to know that most guys don't care. I agree that women should be more supportive of each other instead of being so catty and mean.

• Thank you for your opinion! I felt the need to write this because although I spoke mainly about thigh gaps, the article is about body shaming & acceptance in general. The reason why I used thigh gaps as the main example is because thigh gaps are really not important (like at all), yet many women give each other SO much crap about it. It kinda makes one think "Wow, have we really gotten so low with body shaming that we're even bullying each other over THIGH GAPS?"

• I agree. Body shaming is at an all time high and it's disgusting.

• Thick thighs are actually sexy ass hell to a lot of guys including me

• to all women,

thigh gap or no thigh gap, you r beautiful! don't ever forget that!

• I remembered when I first learned about the thigh gap I really wanted one and became very depressed about it. Luckily my boyfriend talked some sense into me... I like my curves now (most of the time). Ya so thanks for the take.

• I have a thigh gap and never knew this was something people actually wanted til recently. I struggle with anorexia so suits a struggle for me not to be underweight and it's one of my biggest insecurities and I always connect my thigh gap to that

• I didn't know that people bullied each other because of it? I don't find it attractive at all, I think trying to get it is dumb either you naturally have it or dont

• U can't change anyone's nature n signature be it women or men. But u sure get attention of women by publishing this type of article. No one knows ur motive off screen. Almost all men do this to get women's attention. Real men r those who do good deeds for sake of humanism not only feminism. I hate people of this kind bcoz those people who I know mostly r involved in several bad activities but they r always surrounded by women on screen. I m not talking about all feminism supporter but problems is with majority. We girls have one problems including me that we r jealousy of each other n we r greedy of money n status the more we get the more we demand which mostly men lacks it which we have to end to become equivalent to men

• I like my thighs as they are. don't really understand the obsession with the gap. If you have one cool. If not Cool.

• This is the point I was trying to make, basically it doesn't make a difference and that women need to stop giving each other crap over it

• This was definitely a good read! Thanks for your perspective.

• this is seriously fantastic! I wish more guys spoke out like this. It's really wonderful to hear

• This is really nice. ♡ thanks!

• Thank you! And also you're welcome :) haha

• They are sexy as shit, BUT only when there is a tiny triangle and not a long gaping hole. I also like juicy thighs that touch... I just love looking at women of all kinds of sizes. LOL!

• I still want one, but I know I won't do anything unhealthy to get one. I'll still eat right an exercise, and if one appears im happy if it doesn't then no big deal. I understand I probably won't get one and that's okay

• It's perfectly fine to have one, and it's perfectly fine to not have one. I wrote this because I don't want young women to feel like having or not having something as small as a thigh gap would make them ugly in their own eyes as well as the eyes of others.

• There was a time I wanted a thigh gap. That lasted about a week or so, I love my thick thighs. Also I don't think people understand it depends on your bone structure, ladies do not force your body to do something it's not built to do. Love thy thigh and self😃

• How is fighting over it, and i quote, "hot to look at?". Watching two women get hurt is HOT TO LOOK AT?

• It's called a joke, ma'am. You know how a lot of guys think that "cat fights" are hot? I was making a joke about that.

• Guys love my thigh gap
    💁

• "We still find all of you attractive regardless of your size, height, or color."

Not really, especially when it comes to size. Many overweight people get shitloads of insults from strangers just because of their sizes. How are they then supposed to love and accept their bodies if people are being so unforgivingly harsh on them? It's like overweight girls are not even people. It's like overweight girls are just fatbags without feelings. When they do have feelings. And when you hurt them emotionally, they would turn to food.

• skinny girls get it too. EVERYONE gets critisized about the way they look in some way. the key is to not waste your time caring what others think of you. if you do care, then it's probably because you agree with what they're saying about you. in which case, work on whatever the issue is to be happier with yourself.

• @thewanderingme skinnybashing is only recently becoming popular. fatbashing has been there for decades. Only waify people probably get skinnybashed. whereas 100% overweight people get shit thrown at them at all times - by everyone: acquaintances, family, so-called-friends, even strangers.

The issue is correlated to each other and interwoven in each other. fat people hear mean things, they feel frustrated, they eat. and they become even fatter. they want to lose weight, but then hear mean comments again and get frustrated again and falls again into emotional overeating.

The key is to just everybody mind their own businesses and try not to be rude to each other. That would be awesome for everyone now, wouldn't it? If no one's an asshole... the world would be a much better place.

• Actually skinny bashin was really popular in the 60s. But has made a come back due to the body acceptance movement

What Guys Said 12

• The thing women don't realize is--so, so, so, so many American girls are somewhere between "chubby" and "landwhale" so that those girls who are just in good shape, stand out very much. Thigh gap isn't needed.

• I love a good thigh gap, and there are so many different kinds I dont think one shape is better than the other, guys use it to mostly judge the possibilities of certain curricula that can be entertained in the sack...

• haha great take dude!
    I don't like thigh gap :/

• Did you just try to mansplain feminism to women?

img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../...nt_Pear_Lol_Wut.png

You make girls out to be little idiots, give them some credit. I don't think girls spend much time bickering about thigh gaps.

• But they do, there are sites dedicated to the gap. Young girls trying to get one by not eating & developing eating disorders.

• Yeah, I suppose everyone is always going to have a problem with something. And many will go overboard trying to change themselves. @CHARismatic110

• This is true.

• I hate thigh gaps in women... It's kind of a turn off

• Wow another white knight! Just kidding but I am so happy about another thigh gap mention :)
    Kudos to women's rights!

• I always thought my thigh gap was kinda funny looking, I've got the smallish triangle kind. Until it became sexy to have one. = ) I can fit three almost four fingers between thighs but not my whole hand like some girls I know. (yeah guys we do check out that kind of stuff.). The ones I think look weird are the ones that look like a brick could fit between her thighs, that's just not sexy!

• The ladies panties are soaking over your white Knight crusade.

• You can't get laid over a screen you white knight

• Ooooh "white knight", how original. You totally caught me red-handed, dudebro. I wrote this whole article JUST to try and get some tail.

Get real. Unlike you, there are other things I care about that doesn't involve sticking my penis in a tight orifice.

• What? you can talk shit and insult from behind a screen, i am doing it, you can"t get laid from behind a screen though. I just see you take as over done and hilarious, the type of shit you would see on a modern feminist page (i hate body acceptance, your body is a choice in almost all cases, you don't have to have a thigh gap, but being fat is not attractive, don't tell them that it is).

• "You can't get laid over a screen you white knight"

I'm just going to add something here in the hopes that it will bring joy and happiness to this comment chain should it continue, something that can be referenced back to when one starts to want to need to take some grains of salt with another's words.

You can't get laid over a screen you white knight -- now get over here so I can treat you to dinner. (Really, though, it's nice to hear people say these nice things in a place where all can hear it, EVEN IF it is behind a computer screen. Kudos to you, sir! )

Maybe we should all just agree to disagree. amphet11 is entitled to his opinion, just as Xelebrum , and there is no reason to argue over it. There's not really any reason to argue. Let's all just lean back, eat some form of hummus, and watch some Torchwood (or anything Gareth David-Lloyd is in, really), eh?

And... end comment. Have a good day, my good sirs.

• Wannabe Cracked writer turns thigh gaps into a full-on white knight crusade?

• Yeah, it's not like we say "wow she doesn't have a thigh gap, she's so unattractive." That's incredibly obvious...

BUT, a thigh gap can look good. And it doesn't necessarily mean you're anorexic or anything. Just remember that guys want you for your personality and probably your pretty face. Everything else that they like is a bonus, and everything they might not like at first they'll get used to or they'll come to love it.

• I got a feeling thigh gap is just one of those things that humanity churns up to distinguish the sexes.

Oh you're a man , you must have broad shoulders and a big package.
    Oh you're a woman , you must have nice curves and a tight undercarriage.

It's just animals being animals man.

• @Xelebrum Number 1 is a great point, most men don't notice thigh gaps. In fact I'm not sure I have ever heard the term until very recently.