Married men, why no ring?

So if you don't wear a ring it could be for valid reasons. But help a sistah out cause I have flirted with married dudes not knowing until later. If I see a ring I keep it real professional. Enlighten me married ringless guys...

Man oh man people do not read these questions well. My point was... As a single woman it is hard to determine your status if you do not wear a ring. So if I am in a club and see you without a ring I will approach. Some guys who are married and do not wear a ring do not bother to tell the girl he is married even though he is. Makes sense?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only times I haven't worn my ring it due to work or something I was doing that made it unsafe and sometimes afterwards simply because I hadn't had time to put it back on. However, some guys do it to pick up girls without letting the girl know they are married. Also, some don't wear rings because they don't believe in them. Depending on how the guy is acting towards you should tell you why he chose not to wear his ring. Even when I don't have mine own I often mention my wife when talking to someone.

• Yeah see, if you mention the wife and just don't have the ring on at the time then yeah. But he doesn't mention having a wife AND doesn't wear a ring. AGGG!

• Also even when I have it off you can see where the ring was. I've worn it long enough for it to have left a mark on my finger. Always wonder if that really happened when I was younger and saw it in movies and it did at least for me.

What Guys Said 41

• Anyone that has worn a ring for even a short amount of time knows when it is removed leaves a grove on the finger. But that's not in question. If I read the question properly you are in reference to guys that never put a ring on for their nuptials. The reasons could be a dislike of wearing rings or it is designed to prevent women like your selves from knowing that they are married. I will not remove mine for much of anything. I have been married for nearly 18 years and now I do take it off if there is an element of danger in a job that I am doing since my first ring was mashed and cut into my finger thus having to be cut in order to get it off. But beyond that it will reain on my finger where my lady placed it

• I never have been married but I dont ike to have things on my fingers for to long so I would not be wearing one to much

• I don't expect I'll wear a ring all the time... but if my partner's around, it'll probably be clear I'm taken. On the other hand, we're both okay with the fact that I'm a huge flirt, and since I flirt with just about anything, I don't think I've led anyone on or anything. Flirting can be fun ^_^ Even if it is never going to lead to anything.

So, yeah, it's possible the guy just doesn't care to wear a ring all the time, but isn't looking to hook up.

• Had a ring. It would slide over my knuckles and fall off. Got it sized down a little. Then it was tight enough over the area between knuckles that bending my fingers stressed it till it snapped. No size worked. If it had, I would have proudly worn it to proclaim I was 'property' of my wonderful wife.

• 1. I don't like jewelry. I don't even like hats that aren't for utility only.

2. Last time I posted the picture my comment was deleted, (bunch of wusses), but there are several cases of an object catching on a man's ring and stripping the finger to the bone as a result.

To put it simply: www.google.com/webhp

• Same same,

Becouse of work i can not were a ring. It is metal and working on high votage can kill me. When working on a latter can take off my finger.
    When i go out at night i allways have my ring on.
    HOWEVER I DO NOT GO TO CLUBS ALONE!!! I am married..
    If i go out with my friends, my ring is on my finger allways.. I love my wife and i want the world to know it..
    If these men go to clubs with out there ring on, they are slime.. They took a wife to support and to forsake all other women..
    If you are getting wed. And your husband does not want a ring. STOP THE WEDDING NOW!!!
    I will not go into how the modern women are killing our socity.
    However there are many slim men out there. There is no reason for a man to answer your advance if he has a wife..
    What can you do about this girl? Stop looking for men at the clubs.. they only want to sex you..
    Join a singles group at your church. or join a singles group in your comunity. Go fishing, hicking, exc.. Join a group that helps the underprivliged. Find a man with a heart and a commintment to support others..

• I've heard of single men wearing a wedding ring because it puts a woman's guard down. They can engage in small talk without her wondering if she is being hit on. Later, after making a connection, off comes the ring. After all it, he never claimed to be married, he was just wearing a ring.

• That is pretty crazy...

• Turns out to be an effective way to pick up married women for a descreet affair. The wedding ring signals that there won't be any permanent entanglements.

• My dad espically does not wear his ring at work but that is because of safety reasons. It is too dangerous for him to wear anything like that doing the type of job he does which is why he also can't wear a watch.

• I was married for 20 years and never wore my ring because I work in power plants and didn't want to screw it up or lose a finger. My wife was on-board and even though a little flirting was accepted and returned I made it clear that I was married.

• That is what I mean. You were clear you were married so no one got the wrong idea.

• I don't get that. When I was married, I always word the ring, unless it was some situation where I couldn't, like working with machinery or otherwise getting my hands dirty.

• I have been married, divorced, and now back with my ex. I say we are married, but in truth we were divorced over 10 years ago. We live together, have an adult daughter and 3 grand kids. I lost my marriage ring years ago, and don't see a need to get a new one. I don't cheat, and if some girl (or guy) flirts I just politely explain that I am married rather than going into the whole story.

• I know several married men who do not wear rings because in the types of work they do wearing one could present a hazard.

• Right I totally understand that but for those who don't have work that makes wearing one impossible.

• "extremely" graphic.
    http://i.imgur.com/7f7QDXm.jpg

• You are a BG fan?

• Figured this would be a link, not embed the image...
      What's BG?

• Yeah see of course don not wear it if you do stuff that is dangerous. But be clear you are taken if a gal flirts

• I usually wear my ring, but not always. Sometimes because I'm doing a Dagwood, and sometimes just because. It's all about me, but I'm not out to deceive anyone. Oddly, no ring, no female attention, but with ring some attention almost always from ladies with rings of their own.

• We like being hit on and 2 women wear rings doesn't mean they are married just cause you wear a ring doesn't mean your married so wearing a ring doesn't really tell much.

• Thats why you're supposed to wear rings on different fingers if it isn't a wedding ring

• Yes they do actually. If girls wear a ring they usually wear it on their middle fingers

• @BumbleDeev darling, you need to get out more. These days girls get "diamond" rings, put it on the marriage finger as a deterrent for anyone who approaches. Said girls come on GaG and complain about why no one approaches them or why are they single... maybe they don't realize that guys talk among themselves too.

• I guess either they don't like the ring... or... they're looking for a hook-up :-P

• I'm not married, but I've toyed with wearing rings before for fashion reasons. I find them horribly uncomfortable and just outright hate wearing them.

• Well some guys like me have to work in electrical and high power environments so wearing the ring is hazardous during work. But if not at work then there's no valid excuse. Other than appearing available.

• Its a silly idea you have to wear a ring to show you are married!!!]
    If you want to cheat a ring won't stop you.

• True but at least for a girl who is not interested. in cheating it helps to not even bothering to approach.

• what harm would happen if a girl approached

• Do you really need a piece of metal to be loyal to your wife?

What a fucked up society we live in.

• and hers with some compressed dirt on it... dont forget that lol

• Nope but if a gal approaches be clear you are married. That is my point. Read my entire question.

• I tended to use my ring as a barometer of my happiness in the relationship. When I had the least hope in things, I would take it off, hoping she would ask why. That's just me though. I later learned that was a crappy thing to do, I figured it out when she stopped wearing hers.

• Who takes off their wedding ring to pick up women?

How counterproductive. Women love forbidden fruit.

• I can't remember ever not wearing my ring. I've got 2, a work ring (titanium) and my actual wedding ring (white gold). I always have one or the other on.

• Hey I think your really cute. You should text me..

• Work reasons. But many times when the guys divorce isn't final, he still legally married. But it dosent make sense to keep the ring on. I wouldn't if I was in that position.

• I'm not married but if I was I would never take my ring off unless I was try to do something where I had to take it off like cheating

• So that they can attract & fuck other girls

• Because sadly I can only be mentally married to my motorbike

• enlighten? naw its just plain and simple.. no ring = no fucks givin xD

• İ've never merried. But if i merried i wouldn't take it out

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 7

• Neither of my parents wear a ring. My dad never has because it is dangerous with his job. He's seen too many other guys get theirs caught and then lose the finger. My mom wears hers occasionally when she feels like it, but it isn't something she does often. Neither of them think twice or care about not wearing them. To me that simply says how deeply they feel about each other and trust each other. They don't need a material reminder or something to rub into others faces.

• My point wasn't about the couples. My question was about single women approaching. men without rings thinking they are single and then finding out they are not after doing investigating. THIS is what I am talking about...

• I never understood the big deal. My sister in law always complains about my brother because he hates wearing his ring, but she's so insecure he gets in trouble if strange girls on the street are wearing crop tops and daisy dukes.

My parents never wore their wedding rings. Only on special events when we're getting together with family. They both find it really annoying to have to wear rings every single day.

I really don't see the big deal. It doesn't mean they aren't happy. I know guys who are unhappy who wear their wedding rings all the time, and guys who are happily married who never do.

Anyway I sometimes get into situations such as yourself where I'll be flirting with a guy (and he'll be flirting back - I never start flirting if they don't start first) then I find out they're married. Just don't take flirting seriously it's just fun.

• Most married women and men don't wear ring in Korea only few of them wear it.. i'm not sure why lol

• they're looking to cheat.

• If a guy didn't wore the ring all the time I would break up, it shows if he is loyal or not really.

• Because they want to act to be single! To let woman knows that they are single hehe :)

• I hate wearing jewellry. I can only occasionally wear bracelets everything else makes my skin itchy and feels uncomfortable.

Neither my mum or dad wear them either