Proposing at a wedding: yes or no?

How do you feel about proposals at weddings? Guys would you propose to your girlfriend at someone's wedding? Ladies would you be ok with your guy proposing to you at someone's wedding?

I personally wouldn't want to be proposed to at someone's wedding. I would feel bad because the focus should be on the bride and groom the whole night.

And speaking of weddings, here's a few pics from my sister's wedding this past Saturday!

I was her maid of honor.
Proposing at a wedding: yes or no?

First time getting my makeup done professionally.

The bride and I.

• I'm a female and I wouldn't mind
  • I'm a female and I would mind
  • I'm a male and I would propose at a wedding
  • I'm a male and I wouldn't propose at a wedding

Most Helpful Guy

• The wedding day is a celebration of the bride and groom. It would be extremely rude to draw attention to yourself by proposing at someone else's wedding. I hope no one interrupted your sister's wedding with such shenanigans. Congratulations to her.

• Proposal shenanigans, no. But there were other shenanigans from selfish people. But thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• There are the photos I was waiting for! I must've missed this earlier! You look lovely in that color! :)

I wouldn't want to be proposed to at a wedding for the exact same reason you stated. The focus is on the bride and groom, and they deserve the full attention. Sure, weddings are romantic, but wait until the day can be all about you and future fiance.

What Guys Said 12

• Oh no way that's stepping on the bride and groom after all Its there big day, there is no need to steel the thunder, make your own thunder on your very own day.

• No, because you are taking away from the day that is meant for another couple to make their union official, not to steal the spotlight to propose. A lot of time, money, resources went into making that day possible, I would be sure the couple, guests, wedding party, and families would be outraged that the spotlight was stolen

• Congrats for your sister. I see no problem in someone proposing in a wedding firstly its a great opartunity since everyone is in a wedding atmosphere they are dressed up nicely
    And I have seen several proposals and people getting to know each other for the first time in weddings.
    It's better than a funeral proposalDX

• Don't do it. That day is not about you, and if you steal their thunder they may very well kill you.

• I wouldn't do it for the same reason. It's the couples day and their day only; there is no reason to steal the show. Congratulations to your sister!

• Only once the bride and groom have left the reception and people are just hanging out getting drunk at that point eating the leftovers and dancing to random music someone requests to be played.

• Well yeah that may work.

• Waiting till people are drunk and things are winding down is really not a good atmosphere for a proposal, unless you feel getting her drunk is the only way she will accept. Find a nicer time for that in a nicer atmosphere.

• Stealing the spotlight on a day that's supposed to be all about the newly wed couples day is a really douchey move.

• I wouldn't propose at someone else's weddingn, like you said it disrespects those that are getting married. And there's much more better places to propose to someone. :)

• Nope I won't propose any girl , its a risky thing too to get insult in public :D

• If someone pulled that stunt at MY fucking wedding, I'd seriously consider breaking their neck.

• No way I wouldn't feel comfortable with proposing at someone elses wedding.

• That's kind of a dick move.

What Girls Said 18

• i would mind.. I would not like to be the center of attention on someone else's big day.. it should be our own magical moment.. :)
    you look very pretty by the way...

• I get why it happens, love is in the air, it's a romantic setting, and when couples are at a wedding together they probably think about marriage... But personally I wouldn't want to be proposed to at a wedding. I feel it's taking away from the bride and grooms special day and making it about you and your proposal. And that's just kind of tasteless and rude.

If my boyfriend realized he wanted to propose to me at a wedding and did so afterward (like after the reception and everything) I wouldn't mind though.

• Yeah like maybe once everything is winding down and getting ready to end then maybe. But I'd still feel a bit iffy

• i would hate to get proposed to on that day. i would also be a little off put by his mindset. the bride and groom are the stars of that day. i think in those moments nothing else should matter as much.

AND WHAT THE HELL OMG U LOOK 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 QEJPIFWGRBNUGFHADVJRGLSNDF EEEEEEEEEEHHHHH!!

that colour and ur makeup and ur sister and those flowers...

u know what? just... 🔫

• Noooo thank you. I don't like proposals on days that are already significant. For instance, my sisters fiance proposed to her on her birthday. That was really lame, in my opinion. Like... it's already a special day for her, try picking one to make special on your own you lazy douche.

• Yeah I agree. I mean I understand the thought behind it, but I would want to associate that day with nothing else. Like that day becomes it's own little holiday so don't piggyback off an already special day.

• Providing the Bride and Groom were aware of it happening beforehand and it was okay, I would be 100% fine with it.

• Yeah, that'd be the only way I'd be cool with it. And even still, I wouldn't want it to be associated with someone else's wedding.

• I think this is a terrible idea, just like you said the focus should be on the couple getting married. It's pretty selfish to steal the spotlight when they spend so much time organizing and stressing for their day

• awww you guys looked so pretty! congrats to your sister.
    i would never want to be proposed to at a wedding. i think it's really silly and kinda tacky.. it comes off like you're just stupid lol i'd honestly be a little embarrassed.
    its like "oh i might as well do it now since someone else got married too".
    i would never want to steal someones else's spotlight on their special day. it's pretty rude.

• Lol agreed. Like I would always be thinking that he only did it because we were at a wedding already lol. And thank you so much.

• yeah!! exactly. you're welcome hehe

• You look great, blue looks really good on you.

I think it's rude to propose at someone else's wedding though and pretty tacky lol.

I saw a video of a woman who actually helped plan her best friend's boyfriend to propose at her own wedding and normally I would think that's wrong but the bride wanted her best friend to share the day with her and I thought that was really awesome of her to love her friend that much and not make the entire day about herself only.

• Well see that was different since she knew ahead of time. Like I think that's sweet too. If you actually talk to the bride and groom about it then that's different.

And thank you so much!

• You're welcome.

And yeah it was actually so nice to see someone love their best friend that much.

• ooh hollyy mollyyy!! Someone looks HOT HOT HOT!!!

I LOVE weddings!!!

but I think proposing at wedding is a jerk move!! I would fucking go all mexican on them and then murder them!!!

• To me that seems rude to the bride and the groom of the wedding because its their event they pay for it and they want all the spot light on them to take that away seems rude. There are so many ways to propose why propose at a friend wedding? its pretty inconsiderate.

• It's okay if and only if it is not only okay with but encouraged by the couple getting married.

Generally... no. If someone asked if they could propose at my wedding I'd give them the look,.

• Wouldn't be a classy move for the reasons you said but also the focus should be whoever is getting proposed :)

• Nope, sounds tacky

• It's not the right time! It's about those two cutting the wedding cake, not about us!

• i would mind
    be really interesting if she said 'no' though...

• Looking gooooood :')

• It's that brides day and it's a little inconsiderate to propose at her wedding.

• You can't steal the show at a wedding!!! It's the big day of another couple, not yours!!!