Would you sleep in separate bedrooms if you were?

Or is it better to share a bedroom?
I would probably choose separate bedrooms, i need my own space and also i think it is better for maintaining passion between us.

Would you sleep in separate bedrooms if you were MARRIED?
Oops i forgot to write it

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd rather just have separate places. I think it'd be more fun to crash at their place sometimes and them stay at your place sometimes. Of course that's incredibly more expensive.

But no if we're living together I'd really want to sleep in the same bed. I'm an affectionate person and I like to cuddle and then when ready to fall asleep I'll just slide over a little. Plus I'd want to wake up to them next to me.

• I like the first one you said. I would do so if i afford.
      I like sleeping in same bed but i think after years of being together passion fades thus we need to add it more sparkles and intrigue. One of them is separating our bedrooms for a while, thus nights spent together will be more valued.

• You have to work at keeping the passion alive. Just don't become complacent. Change up what you do in the bedroom. Remember to go on dates.(like actual old fashion ones). Make the effort to show how much you love each other even though you both already know you love each other. etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't. That would drive me crazy.

What Guys Said 21

• Hell NAH! She's my wife for fuck's sake. Same bedroom , same bed , every night.
    Unless of course the infamous "Sleeping on the couch" treatment happens XD
    https://i.imgflip.com/og1me.jpg

• hahaha
      you so romantic :D Good

• If she tells me that's the reason why she wants her own room , I'd feel like as if she's about 3 steps from hopping onto another boat because she thinks she'd get bored with me.
      =.=

• I hope if i meet him i'll never feel bored so i won't need explanations.

• ... no why on earth would I want that, I'd want to be near my wife I mean that's kind of one of the reasons I married her duh.

• I like sleeping in same bed but i think after years of being together passion fades thus we need to add it more sparkles and intrigue. One of them is separating our bedrooms for a while, thus nights spent together will be more valued.

• Not for me.
      I don't think his passion would fade, i think mine would towards him. If nothing was new and ingtriguing

• Well we'll agree to disagree then, but in reality if your not even going to sleep in the same bed, my bother in the first place?

• I know where you are coming from - I am a terrible sleeper so if we were in the same bed, we would be divorced after a month especially if she was a good sleeper plus I need my space too.

• No cuddling? Are you crazy? Have you any idea how awesome a girl is as a bodypillow? I demand you go cuddle a girl and then get rid of this nonsense idea.

• I prefer to sleep with her but if we're both not getting a good nights sleep then im open to separate bedrooms as well.

• I mean after years from marriage. I would sleep in separate bedroom thus nights spent together would be more playful and valued.

• Mmm i dont think id take her for granted when sleeping together. Ill always value it

• To me it'd be a deal breaker if my partner wanted separate beds. In my past relationships with my exes, some of my fondest memories with them are all of the times we just laid in bed talking, cuddling, and staying up late watching T. V.

If my partner didn't want to sleep in the same bed as me, I'd be offended and I'd see it as lack of affection. I'd also feel like I was missing out on a huge portion of our relationship.

• You know you should feel your husbands breath on your neck.

• Id prefer to mix it up.

• i would sleep in separate bedroom if im not married if im married then i think there is no need to sleep in separate bedroom than sleeping with my wife.

• it sounds like my marriage but with out the passion when we go to sleeping in the same bed

• depends on how we work together. i like the idea of sleeping in one bed better.

• same bedroom, same bed if she's my wife

• The ONLY condition I would sleep in the same room IS if we were married. So your suggestion is completely opposite to mine.

• I would not.

• So you basically want to be his daughter and use his credit card...

• If you were what

• Ummm. No?

• Your posponing the inevitable.

• Probably. How else would one get sleep at night?

• Same bedroom.

• no way

What Girls Said 22

• WHAT? That's insane. He's my goddamn husband, not my brother. I wouldn't wanna spend a single night not being next to him.

• My grandparents had to have separate bedrooms. Not because they didn't love each other (because did they ever!) but my grandfather snores and my grandmother was very often unwell. They would keep each other up all night and everyone would be tired and cranky in the morning. It was much better for everyone involved for them to sleep separately.

• NO! i would sleep next to my husband on the same bed

• I know many married couples that sleep in separate bedrooms. Sometimes you just need your own space. That doesn't mean that you are having less sex! If you are well-rested you could end up having more sex! With some couples it totally works. But it only works if you're very secure in your relationship. Remember, people slept in their own bedrooms throughout history up until just a few years ago. Having your own room is totally normal. As long as you make sure to still have lots of sex!

• i see what you mean, i'd prefer my own space as well since i have had my own (queen sized) bed forever. i'd try sleeping in the same bed but it might get uncomfortable with my limbs flying everywhere lmao

• I would refuse to sleep in separate rooms unless my partner insisted. I enjoy sleeping next to him. Sometimes we disturb each other's sleep - I move a lot and he snores - but I think it's still more enjoyable than sleeping alone.

• Sharing a separate room with my boyfriend? I rather not lol but i snore a little..
    media.giphy.com/media/K1QnLV1caRpuw/giphy.gif

• with a guy? nah i wanna share.

• I prefer sharing a bedroom but I don't mind having my own space.

• I sleep in the same bed as my husband. It does get cramped but I just like that he's there next to me and I can see him when I wake up. Also, sometimes, one of us might sleep on the sofa-just because we'll watch a late movie or something so it works out.

• I'd like to share a room. I'm a clingy person, and cuddling helps me fall asleep much faster than being on my own. If he felt the need for separate rooms, sure, but otherwise I wouldn't ask for them.

• I disagree entirely. That is the worst way to maintain a marriage. It creates an emotional separation that will grow and grow as time passes. I shiver at the thought. You can have your own space by having your own office in the house or apartment but at the end of the day sleeping in the same bed helps maintain the bond that the couple has. By a king size bed if needed but sleep together

• If i'm not sharing a bed with my wife are we even married? At that point we might as well be roommates.

• Id want to cuddle..

• Nope. I would not sleep in separate bedrooms. I want to be lying next to my significant other.

• I would think sleeping in the same bed would be what we would do

• Omg no why would i do that, i would ofc share the same bed

• No, what kind of marriage would that be? o. O

• If I were married? No way

• No I want to sleep with my husband

• No, same room same bed, always

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more