Do Asian People Have Curly Hair?

Random question but I was curious of there were any Asians that had naturally curly or wavy hair? I was reading a hair types chart and it said that Asians have very straight coarse hair, was wondering if they can have any other hair type too

Oh, to be more specific I was talking about East Asians

Most Helpful Girl

• My sisters and I are Korean and we have naturally, thick, sometimes frizzy, wavy hair. Ours isn't the typical pin straight, shiny Asian girl hair you see.

What Guys Said 15

• No, but some of em get curry hair when they eat egg rows.

• Yes, it's unusual but not that rare. Women with curly hair are the envy of a lot of the other women because they really stand out as different and can wear a lot of different styles of earrings, hats, scarves, hair bands that don't work with straight hair, and look so pert in miniskirts!

• well it's not the end of the world if you're born with straight hair. hair can be permed(:

• how about I give YOU curly hair with my Dragon Fist!

• Every Asian person I have come across tends to have very straight hair. Much straighter then white people's on average, I don't think I have ever seen an Asian yet who doesn't have straight hair cosmetically or natural... not saying it doesn't exist but I haven't seen it

• not all Asians have "coarse" hair...actually most of us have fine hair.

More from Guys
10

What Girls Said 28

• My parents are from Hong Kong but I was born and raised in Scotland. My hair is extremely straight, soft and fine - it's exactly the opposite of how I'd like it to be!

• haha I have wavy hair naturally. if I get out of the shower and brush it straight, it turns into ringlets! :P plus my hair is brown. which is weird for asians. haha

• oh and I'm full chinese, not a halfie so I wouldn't have any other race influencing my genes haha.

• I know half Asian people with reallllyyyy curly hair but I'm not sure I know any full Asians with curly hair. I know some who have wavy hair though

• Cambodians and Some Filipinos have wavy to curly hair...maybe even kinky (Aetas)..

Well, I am part filipino...and black..so my hair is not an expection...

My cousin is full filipino and she has "Wavy" hair..so does her brother..

• LOL, maybe I got the wrong type of asian...but um..I seen a some Koreans, Thai, and Japanese with wavy hair...not curly though.

Never seen a chinese with curly or wavy..

• They can.

More from Girls
23