10 Reasons Why It's Awesome to Have Pets

In this take i would like to highlight the importance of having pets (or a pet) in our lives!

reasons why it is awesome to have pets!

Having a pet is like a blessing ...pets are the most faithful creatures we can ever have by our sides...WHY???

BECAUSE.......

1.They are cuddly

2.They make us feel less alone

3.They are always here (they aren't busy with work or whatever)

4.They listen to you

5.They won't judge you or put you down (how you look/how much you earn,etc....)

6.They like to play with you

7.They can make your day even better (they'll put you in a better mood)

8.They aren't hypocrites

9.They are here to protect us and we protect them as well

10.They'll always accept you

GAGers!!...Do you like pets?

zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 20

• Lol at all these guys dissing pets. I seriously could not have done without my dog.

• I never liked dogs!
    Never have and never will. I have no problems with people who have dogs , but just let him stay away from me. Eeew

• Reading some of the comments makes me realize how socially retarded most the men here are. It makes me cringe thinking some of these vermin walk around

• Well, I'm interested in having a pet bird or rabbit but I guess number 9 don't count in those cases for those type of pets as there isn't really anything a bird or rabbit could do to actually protect me.

• Nope sorry, I consider them a waste of money and time.

• I never liked dogs!
    Never have and never will. I have no poblems with people who have dogs , but just let him stay away from me.
    Once i saw a video of a girl letting a dog lick her, "down there" .
    I was so disguisted i didn't watch any porn for almost a month.
    Since then I've made it a rule not to date chicks with a dog.
    Just to avoid the 0.01 chance of going in places a dog has been...

• oh my O. o :o

• Sorry. Just have a passionate dislike for dogs. Im cool with cats and other pets though. I was scared of dogs as a kid and i have had a bit bad experiences.
      I usually dont have any problems with people
      Who have them. But i hang around with guys without dogs.
      Also i didn't know there was a porn category like that and curiosity got the best of me. I wish i didn't see it.
      But im not taking that ridk lol

• "They are cuddly"

Dogs hate to cuddle, and get anxiety from their masters hugging them. They only put up with it because you're in charge and they don't want to offend the alpha.

• Lol.. Dog be like: oh shit , here he/she comes to molest me again, ill just stay still and hope its over quick :-D

• Yes! I love my two dogs!

• I love this take. Dogs are amazing. I have one and he's my best friend. We run around outside, we cuddle, we wrestle. He's my brother🐶

• PUPPIES!!!
    That said yes pets are awesome (especialy dogs, cats are a bit more fickle and egotistical) I actually really miss having a dog, nothing is more loyal.

• 1) They are disgusting.
    2) I don't care about being alone.
    3) That's the problem.
    4) They can't understand what you're saying most of the time.
    5) So will no pet.
    6) Outside that is. I don't like being outdoors.
    7) So will chocolate
    8) Neither is no pet.
    9) I don't need an animal to protect me.
    10) No.

• 8 and ) together apparently gets turned into 8) automatically.

• Oh wait crap. For number 10 I meant to say "How can you tell?" not "No."

"No." was to the question at the end.

• oh my...*facepalms*

• Very good Take, it's true, pets are great friends, I have a rabbit and a parrot.

• Love it. I couldnt have put it in a better way

• Nice myTake, what would you recommend if you have no experience with dogs and want something for a little girl (around 4 years old)?

• If you don't want a dog a hamster is usually a good choice, they are pretty easy to take care of and I have found that little kids love them. My families teddy bear hamster just recently died after 2 1/2 years and even the dog was sad (they were friends).
      But a dog is a lot more fun if you have the space and are willing to take care of it right and pay for vet bills which can get expensive.

• Oh, i see. Sorry about that. How old was he?

• Hey, haven't seen you in a while, how is your lovely wife?

• 11. Because dogs and cats are better than people. :)

• Clearly you are a dog lover. Made me laugh.

Great take!

• I have a golden retriever and every word you say is true lol , my dogs gets all sad when I am sick or sad and he keeps hugging my leg lol

• Dogs are intelligent animals, we shouldn't exploit them and take away their freedom by forcing them to conform to our standard of living. Using them for our own selfish reasons.

Free the pets I say! Down with the persecution and of animals! Down mis animal mistreatment!

• pets are awesome

• Ok, but that just makes you an idiot since you essentially respectfully disagreeing with the fact that 2+2=4.

• @VegasNewFallout

"If it weren't for dogs, our species would still be in mud huts", is what I disagree with.
      If you think not believing that makes me an idiot then that makes somewhat deluded.

The technological advancements of certain societies being dependant on the dogs is in no way comparable with 2+2=4.

Well our current understanding of mathematics leads us to conclude that 2+2=4 however someone in the future could come along and show us that 2+2 does not in fact equal 4.

• You forgot one. Having a pet can literally extend your life. Particularly the cuddly and interactive part. It will slow memory loss and slow the progression of Alzheimer's. I dont have a study stating this, i just have a doctor that told me about it that worked in a nursing home that catered specifically to Alzheimer's patients. He said that it forces them to use their mind, and he said that was the reason that they had a few dogs and cats running around.

• That is one thing I'll always remember; no matter how bad a day I had and how bad the world treated me, when I got home my dog would always act like I was the most important person in the world.

• see!! that's what i was referring to

• Funny, a study showed that puppies are able to interpret human expressions before they've even been exposed to humans. So they have evolved to deal with people...

• that's interesting

What Girls Said 22

• I have two dogs and a cat! They're on my cover photo :)

• If only animals could talk! I love having pets. I'm taking my dog for a check up at my friends veterinary clinic tonight :) just for a check up because his getting old I want to make sure his healthy and ok (*^_^*)

• Why are just about all of them dogs? Cats are way better!!!

• Pets are the best :)

• Nice mytake!
    Dogs are awesome!!!

• It'd be more accurate if the title was "10 Reasons Why It's Awesome to Have *Dogs*". Not all pets want to play with you. Some just like to be left alone, fishes and gerbils for example.

• Yes I love pets, I have two dogs. This is an awesome take and It's all so true. People don't have pets but can have them are missing out :)

• I have a 4-year-old black lab I adopted from the shelter. I love her to bits!!! ❤

• I wanna get a pet but my mom doesn't want to 😔
    I'm so jealous of people that have a dog and I don't and I really want one
    Can't wait to get out of the house to get a pet of my own
    White Labrador retriever famale I'll call her Abbie
    Black cate with green eyes female I'll call her Lily

• i hope you'll be able to have pets :)
      oh man... i'd really want to have a black cat with green eyes too but some of my fam members are allergic :'(

• My mom is allergic too that's why we don't have pet

• oh man :( :(

• I love pets <3 I have 3 that I'm responsible for.

i.ytimg.com/vi/iXHEa-v15BQ/maxresdefault.jpg

images.hngn.com/data/images/full/88063/empathy.jpg

www.earthkind.com/.../rat_tea_cup.jpg

Pets have always been a big part of my life. As a child, we always had dogs and still do, then when we were older, we got a few rabbits, gerbils, rescued two hamsters, got fish, we had an adult horse for many years, and then got cats when I was about 13, and it's amazing having cats, and I've loved each of those pets.

• MY DOG LOLA HATES ME. SHE TRIES TO BITE ME WHENEVER I PET HER AND SHE KICKED ME ONCE THAT BITCH

• I used to have a cat who I grew up with. I loved her so much, she was like my child. She was always there for me when I was feeling down. It's unfortunate I still don't know what happened to her to this day. She lived a good 17 years. Rest in peace Kicia💔

• but the sad thing is... they live short life and its really painful when their time with us is over and they have to go on rainbow bridge...
    I had a cat, who i grew up with, she lived 15 years and died... it was like a loss of a family member

• that's the sad part of it :(

• I had a cat who I grew up with, lost her at 17. The worst part is, I still have no idea what happened to her. It happened on Christmas Eve of 2011. I cried for days💔

• @maurkay my cat had breast cancer, she had many kittens and it caused cancer, our new cat we spayed, so she have more chances not to have cancer in the future

• I love my pets! Life feels lonely without them. They are so much fun.

• Yes, it's awesome, until they die reminding you every time that life's fickle and pointless.

• my dog is 16 and is on his last legs. he is especially cuddly and wants to be around me 24/7 so im expecting him to go any day now.

yes it will be very sad, but i have 16 years of happiness to look back on. he is part of the family and will get a decent send off. he likes to sunbathe by the pond so he will be buried there. headstone and all.

• Aww so cute, nice take!

• There doesn't even need to be a take on this. Animals are just awesome 😍

• My dog died 2 days ago but my sister's dog (my dog's sister), my cat and my mom's dog helped cheer me up. Sure I am still a little upset but I can get through this

• Very cute and fun myTake! I love pets and couldn't imagine my life without them.

• I love my cat. He's my baby! He always come up to my face bad rubs his head and purrs in the mornings. 😁

• More from Girls
    2