The 'Meh' of ANOTHER American Gun Massacre

'You reap the seeds you sow....'

After feeling sympathy for the 50 innocent lives lost and the associated devastation of their immediate friends and family, this is my immediate reaction.

Once more America's perverse views on guns and gun laws ridiculing them on a Global scene with everything centring around the Constitutional right to bare arms'

Not even the #SandyHook massacre where innocent children were slain can challenge the mindset. Instead, it reinforced it with calls to arm teachers and have security staff at schools with the predominant reaction being you need more weapons to deal with the threat.

Compare this to a contrary ideology over guns in Australia in response to the #PortArthur massacre of 1996. It shocked the Nation to the core leading to all automatic and semi-automatic weapons banned. One of the indelible I witness accounts was a mother and her two young daughters on knees begging for mercy and the gunman, Martin Bryant executing them all point blank.

Across the populace and political spectrum, there was outrage leading to more stringent #gunlaws and the public willingly giving up their weapons (pictured above ). It was not just many weapons destroyed through a government buyback but also more strict laws and background checks put in place to get a licence or purchase weapons with no massacres happening since.

The reality in the States is you can 'Rambo-up' as easy as I can buy milk from the corner store and despite what tragedy ensues it just reinforces the love for guns.

In the process making massacres inevitable.

If you want proof, consider this surreal fact:

Between the Sandy Hook tragedy of 2012 and the San Bernadino massacre of December 2015, there were 1052 slayings in the 1066 adjoining days.

It's as if they are embracing the Dickens ethos from 'A Christmas Carol' of 'ridding of the surplus masses.'

The aside from this recent tragedy is many references made to the perpetrators supposed #Muslim links. Allowing the focus to come off the lapse gun laws and instead drumming up further terrorist hysteria in the public through the irresponsible Media.

With it an election campaign in full throttle, it is not hard to do the math that both Trump and Clinton will embrace the art of deflection. Drumming up hysteria of the #terrorist threat' and #ISIS' to divert away from the gun issue in the States. Neither are going to commit electoral suicide by alienating the huge gun lobby in the States with its financial and voting might by using this current massacre to discuss gun controls.

One could even imagine a savvy predatorial manipulator like Trump delivering a decisive electoral blow by dressing like 'Yosemite Sam' with the most advanced automatic pistols in toe.....

gobsmacked3 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• THANK YOU. the way people defend guns is ridiculous. "guns dont kill, humans do" i mean WHAT THE FUCK is that?
    how many more deaths is it going to take for people to realise that it needs to stop?

• It does need to stop. Gun control kills.

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau @dionysos
      i never wanna talk about guns or American law on here again. it's useless.

• You're useless! Jk! Jk. Sorry for highjacking and blowing up your notifications 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• The full quote by Trump is:
    "Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!"

I can't believe people don't get this. He's the only one speaking out against radical Islamic terrorism. He doesn't want praise for it he wants results. He wants this needless violence to stop.

Now that the propaganda is put of the way here's my response:

The guy was already on a watch list and was abusive to his wife. That alone should've stopped him from getting a gun.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people" it doesn't matter with what.
    The solution isn't to take away guns or put heavy restrictions, it's to empower law abiding citizens by giving them the right to bare arms and spending more money on mental health.

In Tel Aviv there was a shooting recently. You'd think in Israel of all places people would be allowed to conceal carry. They aren't and that is why when some crazy Hamas supporter shoots up a restaurant there are so many casualties.

The police can't be everywhere, and people need to be able to protect themselves.

• Oh they get it all right. They just have a worldview that only "white Christian cisgendered males" are to blame, and they can't accept that their "multicultural" delusions are a farce.

Sponsored

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 27

• This attack had nothing to do with guns and everything to do with religious fanaticism. Placing the blame elsewhere adds to the problem.
    Did gun control help in the Paris attacks? No no it did not.

• a guy that has been described by an ex wife as disturbed, on the FBI watch list but was still able to buy an AK47...

'agree'- all to do with 'fanaticism'

• @madhatters4 which country are you referring to?

• sorry norway. that's who i was discussing with earlier so i forgot to mention here

• So I'm gonna show some of the shady foot trails I've walked with this one, and I'm not proud, but at 17 I ran away and lived with two guys in their 40's getting drugs and guns from Mexico weekly. This was just 2 good ole country boys. I have family from Jerusalem who spent years in prison for bringing and selling guns here. I just met an awesome guy this weekend at a conference who at 17, shot down planes full of guns and cocaine and sold it in America. Spent years in prison and tunred his life around. But the point is these are just a few people, illegal guns are a huge problem in America because they are being flooded into our country from everywhere. We aren't going to stop that. So with that being said, I support the right to bear arms 100%. What the media doesn't show is how many lives are saved by guns. How many times a gun stopped a stituation from turning bad real quick. I've said this I know, but I had a guy try to crawl into my car while I was working a night shift once. No idea what his intentions were, but fortunately I had a gun tucked beside my seat so when I snatched it out and pointed at him he backed out with his hands up. Could have been real bad. A gun is just a tool. Just like the airplanes that flew into our twin towers. Just like the Oklahoma bombing. It's a tool that needs to be respected. And as long as criminals are going to get guns, we the people need the right to have guns and protect ourselves and our families. But I think I've written a novel here lol.

• What happened just proves that even with a country that is allowed to have guns. It doesn't save you from something like this happening. So we owe Paris an apology for giving them hell about not having guns and that would have made what happened to them not as bad. Since this Massacre wasn't lessen by gun owners and stopping the shooter.

• "Per Florida’s concealed carry law, those with a license to carry may not carry their firearms into an establishment that serves alcohol."

Shooters aren't stupid. They deliberately choose targets where they will have zero resistance.

• He's saying that gun control law's killed some of the victims, by eliminating the possibility of a more timely response.

Gun free zones contain no law abiding private arms, so they were protected only by one guy. One easily recognizable guy. That's just dumb.

• @Dionysos Any human that is able to get their hands on a gun is already putting every person around them at risk. Plus with or without guns, when someone wants to kill another they will do what ever it takes to kill them. So they would use anything possible to pull it off even if they have to gas people to death.

• The first role of guns is self-protection.
    The most important role of guns is protecting people against the government.

Your kind simply argue that guns are being abused and aren't playing their first role properly, so people have to give them up to an institute that guns' most important role is to protect people from it and from the people in it.

Liberal government hookers of west don't understand this because they haven't ever seen the power of a tyranny.

Good luck staying free with this mindset.

• I grew up in Ireland under the tyranny of the English...

• @Waffles731

Have I said otherwise?

OP is defending a terrorist organisation responsible for hundreds and hundreds of innocent deaths.

He can rot in hell for all I care.

• @WombRaider
      And the British Government send guns to The protestant terrorist groups

• Yes, accurate, for the most part.
    Unfortunately, the USA is too far gone for gun control to work. While we Aussies came to our senses after the first large scale massacre, and the buy-back scheme was implemented, this is not going to work in America. Maybe it would have decades ago, but the sheer number of firearms in the country is going to be almost impossible to decrease. Add in the cultural obsession with guns, and the problem will never be solved.
    America will just keep fighting fire with fire, and they'll eventually realise too late that it will end in burns for all.

• To clarify, it's not an obsession with guns. It's an obsession with freedom, combined with a congenital distrust of big government. It makes us believe (rightly, I think) that the only reason any government has to disarm the good guys is if they're planning to do something they expect will make people mad enough to become dangerous.

• When a person is coerced to comply and doesn't resist, (such as a rape at gunpoint) that doesn't render the act non violent. The same applies to all laws. All of them will result in violence if you persistently refuse to comply.

As for buggering off, no thanks. This is my country, not yours. You're welcome to your opinion, but don't whinge about it when we tell you to get stuffed.

I deduce from your resorting to ad hominem, that you've run out of rational arguments. That being the case, good day to you.

• @Dionysos Rational arguments don't work against people unable to see reason. Therefore, it's useless for me to try to use logic with you. Because you're not going to understand it.
      You have serious issues. I'd say you need therapy, but you're so delusional that I don't think you'd understand why.

• There is no problem with owning guns, the ones that want to kill will always find the means, taking them away just removes their use for self-defense.

Take Norway example, already strict rules on gun purchase, 77 killed (and the killer hated Muslims)
    www.cbsnews.com/.../

As for media jumping quickly to bind every terrorist act to Islam, that is totally intentional misinformation.. As much against as Islam is towards nowadays depravity, it is never handled this way if you truly follow Islamic ruling.

• So all the kids at that island should have carried guns. Hm hm.

• @Dionysos that may be true about Britain's issues but those and they are issues that need to be addressed. doesn't necessarily mean that the US needs some sort of gun reform

• @madhatters4
      We definitely need gun law reform. Specifically we need to strike all the gun control laws we have now from the books, and enforce the constitution. As scary as it might seem, the more people who are armed, the less crime we have. Get rid of designated massacre (so called gun free) zones and the mass shooting thing would go away too.

Yes, there would still be some crime, but it would be less of a problem. End the drug prohibition too, and violence would be almost a non issue.

• I love the first pic. Everyone says massacres are terrible but no one cares about the people who die from guns every day, like people in the ghetto. Hypocrisy is awful and it makes everyone's worry seem fake to me.

• It's complete bullshit how many people are more concerned with gun laws and the Constitution right now than they are about the actual massacre itself. Completely embarrassing.

• Well whenever there's a massacre people who are paid by the gun lobby go on tv and say now is not the right time to politicise this issue and talk about gun control and then they just wait until the public cares about something else and everything goes on as usual. Like after Sandy Hook Obama tried to do something but in the end nothing much happened because the lobby was too strong. So as you can see 36 people die from guns a day so when do you think is the right time to talk about it? Because there's probably somebody dying right now from a shooting. I agree with respecting and mourning the dead but not when that concept is abused by a industry that just wants to protect its profit. They know that the longer they push the discussion back from the actual shooting the more likely they can kill any attempt to pass strong regulation and minimize the uproar about it. Do you think these people actually care about the victims? No, it's just a repulsive business strategy.

• @EllieLexis513

fair point, and I am guilty as charged

Everyone seems to be pushing an agenda in the wake of the incident. Realms of views from outlandish to reasonable, but its a pity we can't take a moment for the dead and the families. Some of the commentary has been shameless unfortunately

• To quote the democrats, never let a crisis go to waste. Obama was on it like a duck on a junebug whoring after victim disarmament laws. So was half of GAG.

• Thank you so much for this. Respect.
    My question is though, how many more people have to die until something is done about it?

• Sandy Hook was the fork in the road that was ignored

• @dudeman I don't want to get in.

• @dudeman
      Yep. All the idiots here blathering about banning guns seem to miss one important bit. There's a third of a billion guns here, owned by private people. Taking them illegally and by force via an unconstitutional ban would start a civil war that would kill more Americans than any war in history.

I mean, it's not likely can just pass an illegal act through The legislature, have POTUS sign it and we'll all meekly surrender our arms.

It's not like the military and police would enforce a law forbidden by the constitution they swore to uphold.

• NRA is gun manufactures propaganda outlet. They have effictvley littered the airways with their lies. Most gun owners favor stricter background checks at the very least.
    This is a hate crime first and foremost.

• Agree, against Gay people that was so avoidable

• @red324 you seem to be agreeing with my point that assault rifles should not be sold. NO this guy may not care about procuring his gun illegally but perhaps it would make it harder for him to buy one or he may not get it at all. obviously a ban on guns or even an assault rifle ban won't solve all the issues but neither will doing nothing.

my simple opinion is we can't sit back and say how terrible something is and then do NOTHING about it.

• Background checks are already in place. If you purchase from a FFL, yes even at a gun show, you will be run against several databases. Is it possible to expand background checks further? Maybe. But Omar Mateen passed a background check. Tight background checks would not have stopped him. What would have? Maybe if FBI agents were trained to recognize signs of radicalization, he would have been caught during the period he was under FBI investigation. That's right, the FBI agents who checked Mateen out were not trained to recognize the basics of radical Islamic theology because of a climate of political correctness. I will agree that this was a hate crime. Based in hate driven by radical Islam.

Funny how the Pulse was supposed to be a gun free zone...

• Thank you for this! I really agree with what you're saying here. In my country you need to have a special license to be allowed to own any fire arms. And those who do, usually have the guns for hunting. For me the thought of having guns being so easily accessible very frightening... Gun control is important, and the way you put it into words is great. And my symphonies goes out to the victims families...

• Anti-second amendment folks always swoop in like this to take advantage of a tragedy to further their political agendas. Emotions are high right now and emotional people can be fearful and irrational, making them susceptible to this argument. I choose to not let fear goad me into surrendering freedom. Hillary will no doubt also use this fear to advance her gun control agenda. Trump will use the same fear to keep Muslims out of this country. We cannot allow the actions of mad men to entice us to be less free or to diminish who we are as a nation. We are better than that.

• Um... Second Amendment types swoop in. And they say leave your neighbors in peace.

At the same time, gun bigots swoop in. And they say we should attack our neighbors if they don't surrender their guns... by sending men with guns after them.

Which set has the moral and ethical high ground?

• @guy532

I will never advocate free people giving up any of their constitutional rights in the name of fear. When you go down that road, you are playing right into the hands of these terrorists. I'm not going to cower and demand that the government abuse its power to make my fellow citizens less free so that I might feel safer. The price of having a free society is the reality that some will abuse that freedom, sometimes in terrible ways. As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

• Well put.

• I think that Americans have become numb to the horror of people getting shot up en masse as they go about their business, because no one wants to do anything about it. Nothing. The general attitude seems to be "oh well, it was no one I knew so that's sad but I reserve the right to shoot anyone jn the face that I choose always and forever." It's disgusting.

• i guess for someone like me i don't know what else i can do. i sign petitions about gun reform. i vote for senators and representatives that are in favor of gun law reform.

• There's always Mexico. They have a near total gun ban. Should be safe down there...

• @Dionysos luckily I'm not American. Y'all can kill each other to your heart's content for all I care.

• Sorry for hearing what happened in USA. What a tragedy. I am afraid America is now gone too far.. it might be too late to restrict gun.

• There are about 80 million law abiding private gun owners in the US. There are more private firearms than there are people, and there are trillions of rounds of ammunition owned by those same people.

Trust me. If we were the problem you'd know it.

We aren't though. Almost none of us has ever fired a round in anger, and we don't ever want to. We just enjoy shooting and value the safety that comes from being able to provide for and defend our loved ones.

That said, how much money would you want to go around knocking down doors to steal all those guns? I think it'd be a high risk occupation, lol!

• @red324
      Keep in mind that the 2A has nothing to do with hunting. Its purpose was recreate a chilling effect on the part of human nature that makes people so prone to corruption and abuse whenever they get a bit of power.

• To create.

• So you think that all the law abiding citizens should forfeit our weapons and hope for the best?

• either that, or let the sociopaths roam around the globe and prepare for the worst.

• @justbanANNAz neither am i. Theyre all the same politicians no matter where theyre from. Sick, calculating, evil bastards who lie like its a hobby. They serve the elite not us and now there's globalisation their infection is spreading everywhere. Me n you dont count for anything. Neither do those shot. Obama will be up again pretending how shocked he is and bla bla bla

• @Dionysos @bluenose1872 yeah i dunno what to say tbh. i just dont think that guns should be defended. yes people kill, and yes the government is shitty across almost all nations now, so until people suddenly decide not to be idiots and the government fixes itself up, this will not get solved, and i hate that, because a solution seems so unlikely at this point.

• um i dont like any of the people running for president but i do think there should be back around checks one people before given a gun but no im not giving up my gun you can forget that its just not going to happen

• They do background checks...

It's illegal for felons to have guns...

• @CompleteStranger1234 um off the top of my head when him and my ant wore together he dragged her around by her hair and beat her he threatened to burn down my moms house when i was only 7 months old with my mother my dad my ant and his 2 sons inside and to other kids he ran over a 12 year old boy with his truck when he was drunk and did not even stop to see if he was ok

• Yeah well your cousin's dad is case in point of "when has the law stopped anyone from getting things they want?"

• He had a gun license. Doesn't matter if guns are illegal south america exists. And just how we get all our drugs , we get all our illegal guns there too.

• *49 innocent. you should edit that.

• Who keeps handing guns to sociopaths? WHO?

• This is stupid.

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 47

• And what you foreigners, especially Australians need to understand is this.

"Hurr, if Australia banned guns and it worked, why wouldn't it work here?"

Simple, because America is NOT the same as Australia, it never will be, the people are not the same, the culture is not the same, the country is not the same, the goverment is not the same. Nothing is the same, what works for you is not going to work here.

And *gasp* guess what? it's almost predictable but the shooting happened in another gun free zone were weapons are banned gosh and why is that? hmm well if I was a criminal the first place I would go to murder a bunch of people would be a zone were all forms of weapon oriented self defense were banned. Because obviously a sign in a window or on a website that says gun free zone or city is obviously going to make me turn away because I'm a criminal following the laws is what I do best.

https://youtu.be/oeAy0aQxxOU

And of course I could post dozens if not a hundred examples of gun saving innocent lives from young people to senior citizens. But I mean what would it matter to you people? all you care about is crying about the issue while your in a country on the other side of the planet.

If your so concerned about it then get your ass down here and do something about it instead of crying about it online and trying to impose your own views on us and change our laws when you don't even live here to begin with if you don't live here then keep your nose out of it. You want the right to complain about it, to change it then live here, otherwise keep your mouths shut.

You wouldn't like it if every time something happened in your country that you supported, we got online and posted our hatred for it and how we wish to change your country, you cultural and how you live even though it doesn't affect us, simply because we don't like it.

And by the way if we're such a violent nation then it obviously makes total sense to rip away law abiding citizens ability to protect themselves and their families when criminals don't buy guns legally anyway. Because you know when the seconds count the police are only minutes away.

• Take a look at what I wrote under justbamnaz's opinion. Just the 1st one, though

• @Other_Tommy_Wiseau Yeah I did a while ago it's a good opinion with valid points.

• i figured after sandy hook that was the best chance for real gun reform to take place... i figured that after seeing the massacre of innocent elementary school children how could anyone not believe that reform needed to occur. so i'm just speechless at this point

i personally am for a more euro style gun ban but would be very happy at least re-establishing the assault rifle ban Clinton put in place that expired in 2004.

personally i find it embarrassing that Americans find ways to defend guns rights time after time incident after incident.

• Sandy hook was the chance, the wake up call that no one could ignore

America chose to do just that.

Which , like you I find inconcievable. As a father and teacher to think how terrified those young kids were in a situation they just could not process. 7/8 year olds having to hear others being slain, seeing others sacrifice and thinking they were next

Pure evil followed up by even more evil ambivalence

• Yeah the reason why people take the stance that they do is because blaming guns is so illogical and narrow minded. First if you look the places with the most guns actually have less violence, those areas that do experience violence are due to other factors, the majority of those being gang related ie it has nothing to do with owning a gun that magicly makes you want to shoot people but rather by being violent that makes you want to shoot people. So saying its the guns fault is incredibly stupid. Now look at england and look at australia, has it reduced gun violence? Well in england, an island nation of 63 million people or so it did reduce gun violence and they have some of the strictest gun laws, however it didn't stop mass killings, it didn't stop the violence and considering that trying to apply the same policy in America a nation of 300 million with very large boarders and country sides that make smuggling in guns (and drugs) incredibly easy it would be near impossible. That compounded by the fact it doesn't remove the gangs which are the source of most violent shootings nor the hostility and drug trade that fuels them. Look at australia, has it helped? Well not really according to reports gun violence, that is intentional violence really wasn't all that affected by their mass confiscation: truthinmedia.com/.../
    So in fact its a feel good solution, that is to say a solution that makes you feel like you have accomplished something when in fact you have simply wasted time and resources brushing the real problems under the rug. So thats why we have that view, it reduced the problem in england but did not get rid of it but even then its not applicable for america because of country differences both in size of boarders, which we can't patrol already and large empty spaces ranging most of the country which also can't be patroled something england doesn't really have, and australia that really didn't see much of a change either, according to studies done by those in australia. So yeah guns don't kill people, people kill people. You want to stop violence figure out why people wish to commit it, for instance school shootings are due to the kids feeling helpless because they are encouraged never to defend themselves, ironicly the solution to violence in these situations is violence, let them defend themselves and then they will not seek out guns in an attempt to feel like they have control. See? solutions not bullshit will resolve the issues.

• Yeah, it's sad that 50 people were murdered, but tyrannical governments around the word have murdered ~265,000,000 of their own citizens in the past century. That's roughly 7,150 people every single day for the last 100 years.

Where is the media outrage over all of the fascism and genocide going on around the world?

Where is the media outrage when ISIS burns homosexual alive or throws them into vats of acid to be dissolved alive?

The media and politicians don't care about the lives of the 50 people that died and they certainly don't are about you. They don't care about anyone but themselves. They care about power and getting rid of guns so that the public can't fight back if the government ever went tyrannical like the governments of numerous other countries have.

Guns don't kill people, evil people do. Well mostly Islamic terrorists, but other types of evil people too. Regardless of how many evil people are in the world, it is the right of every person to be able to defend themselves and their loved ones against attackers and against tyrannical governments, and that's why the second amendment exists.

• what i find funny (if one could find anything funny about these sort of things) is that whenever they occur, you have pro gun guys swooping in to say "now is not the time to talk about gun control"... but the genius of this statement is that mass shootings happen on an almost daily basis in the USA, so you basically can't ever talk about it by their logic. I swear, american's treat their guns like they treat their spouses. Wouldn't be surprised if their AK's had a seat at the dinner table

• How is it that the world is at war with ISIS; a group where you have to convert to being a Muslim to join, and when someone who's screaming allwhoakbar or whatever with not "alleged" but self proclaimed ties with ISIS, confirmed by ISIS. The asshole was yelling at everyone that he was shooting the place up "because of what you have done to my country" And somehow you think the big take-away here is that we don't restrict the public's ability to obtain a gun enough.

Let me tell you something as an American who knows a couple things about the underground. Its relatively easy to obtain guns that are even more deadly than what he used and in some states (I don't know about Florida specifically) would be illegal. In his particular case it was slightly easier to go to a gun store and buy one. Should HE have been able to get one? No But the problem here isn't that gun control here isn't strict enough, the problem is we have Islamic radicals trying to kill everyone who's not one of them.

And worst of all, If you're someone who acknowledges the truth, you are automatically someone who hates all Muslims which is super hypocritical.

• I'm sorry, but this is idiotic. I don't expect a foreigner to understand though, especially one in a country that tried and failed to escape British rule so many times. The fear and compliance response is strong there, especially since we got all the ones who had the stones to risk coming here. :-)

But I digress.

This is not a gun crime.

It's a religious one, and America is so we'd to religious tolerance, that we're probably gonna get hit a lot more before we admit what the root of the violence is. His religion.

That a terrorist was able to do this is tragic. Just one, easily recognizable guard for that many people, packed in like fish in a barrel? That's pathetic. Just like leaving schools almost unguarded is.

There will always be dangerous people. A quick decisive response is the only way to stop them. The question is, do you want an imperfect response now, or would you rather wait while the police travel and plan an official imperfect response in half an hour? Meanwhile, he'll be busy being dangerous to you.

Call me crazy, but I'll take an immediate response please.

• @GingerBear

Since you blocked me, I'll respond here. :-).

If you've got a rational reason why you're safer from attack without the tools to stop the attack I'd like to hear it.

Same goes for how schools are safer guarded by a piece of paper than by trusted trained and armed people.

Also looking for a rational reason why a girl raped and murdered is morally superior to the same girl calling the cops to collect a dead would be rapist.

Last, I'd love to hear a rational reason why disarming people who don't hurt others will make folks who are willing to die to kill them decide not to.

Hint: I doubt you've got those, but I'd love to hear you try.

• This is pure fantasy. Guns are not going away and wishing won't make it so.

Let's pretend there are *laws* that prohibit everyone from owning guns, and that everyone who has guns now destroys them. Do you think criminals will stop committing violent crimes? Will they respect a *law* that tells them to not possess a gun, while they're violating other laws? Will the police, also presumably disarmed, have the ability to protect a population that has become the much easier target for violence? If you think so, you're not really thinking; you're wishing.

The Orlando shooter was a terrorist who targeted random people in a gun-free zone because he wanted to kill as many homosexual people that he could. Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, Columbine, and surprisingly, Fort Hood were all gun-free zones. So if you want to stop the mass murder, you have to not only prohibit guns, but also make all guns disappear. To be really sure, also prohibit ownership of screws, nails, and pressure cookers, as was used at the Boston Marathon, and fertilizer, which was used in Oklahoma City.

Once that's done, make sure nobody's mentally ill, and nobody hates anyone enough to kill them. We can rely on the police and FBI, who investigated the Orlando shooter twice and decided he wasn't a threat.

But I think it's best to accept that there are people in the world who are crazy, and there are others who are evil. And it's up to everyone to protect himself as best as he can because this is the real world, not a fantasy.

• On the contrary, the gun "issue" is diverting attention from the Islam issue.

• fair point!

• Plus, they are too bust supporting the 'terrorist', since ISIS is an offshoot of AlQaeda that was created, breastfed and back to the hilt by the States back in the day

• Oh, man. Don't get me started on the incompetent boondoggle that is the military. The sooner the the neo-cons realize that the military is just another bloated government program, the better off we'll all be.

• The gun issue has been decided. There is no political will by congress or people for gun laws. Most states are loosening gun laws, not making them more strict thank god. If they worked, they would have already. Every time a new gun law pops up, it's touted its going to save the world. Then it does nothing, just like the rest of them. People react with total emotion and no brains. They have no understanding of guns or gun laws. After working with gun laws for 17 years, you'd think I'd understand them a little but I only get attacked. So, don't be informed, I don't care. I'll keep my guns, come try to take them 😉

• So you do support banning muslims to stop another Orlando or fort hood or San Bernardino from happening here? Since you are bashing that people won't take action after this?

• This is the main problem in america and the west. Individualism. People are more interested in their own personal achievements than doing the right thing. Imagine ignoring massacres, including kids, just to appease a few gun nut voters. Well you dont need to imagine. You watch succesive presidents do just that. The rich have too big a say. Lobbying should be illegal. Campaigns should be paid out of the treasury with regulators and oversights commitees approving nominees. Lying politicians should be impeached amd face charges. Corporations should have no say in politics. Dunblane in scotland seen a massacre in 96 too. 13 little babies blown away by a sick, fat, baldy wanker armed to the teeth. Guns were banned straight away. If your caught with an empty handgun you get an automatic 7 year sentence now. there's never any shootings in scotland now. Youve more chance of getting shot in somewhere like sweden and there's hardly an chance of getting shot there. Time to get rid of the guns. Citizens dont need them in this day n age

• Come and take em.

Didn't work out for you guys too well last time you tried it.

And orator individualism behind America's refusal to be disarmed. It's acceptance of the fact that nobody can be trusted with a monopoly on force. Nobody. Mother Theresa, with Jesus himself to advise her would turn tyrant.

• Hell of a war machine we made, wasn't it? Good enough to smash the nazis. :-)

And today's American forces could defeat Nazi Germany in about an hour. Seriously.

• @Dionysos anybodies army could smash the whrmacht these days. They didn't have helicopter or fast jets or any modern tech. The german were proven to be 1 and a half times more combat effective in like for like units than any other army in the world. They were an amazing fighting force. Only weather and a megolomaniac leader who thought he was an expert tactician beat them. The world was lucky

• You want the real numbers? The FBI Numbers. You are more likely to fall off a friggin' ladder than be killed by any sort of gun. Let's look at 2013, most recent FBI numbers I can get. 285 murders with rifles. 285. There were a total of 8,454 murders with guns. But right now I wanna talk about rifles. Big, scary AR-15. They killed 285 people in 2013. For comparison's sake, there were 428 murders with blunt objects like hammers and baseball bats, and 687 instances of people being beaten to death. Now, let's head over to the CDC. In 2013, 31,240 people were killed by falling. The rifle deaths are a small fraction of the deaths from someone losing their balance. You're going to tell me that that's worth stripping a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms? AR-15 style weapons are important tools for resisting federal overreach, as well as for home defense. An AR-15 has very little recoil and muzzle climb, as well as being light. That's what makes it so popular. It's an easy to handle weapon that allows petite women to take on burly home invaders, as an example.

And you say it's so easy to buy an "assault rifle", then do it. I promise you, there's background checks and paperwork aplenty. Yes, there are already background checks. Also, these weapons are not the machine guns you seem to be envisioning. To own a machine gun in the U. S, you need a class III license, which involves extensive background checks which can take over a year. A civilian AR-15 is semi-automatic. You pull the trigger once and one bullet comes out. Even a revolver is functionally semi-automatic (not technically, but it works as such). Only military rifles are capable of automatic fire.

As to the UK's low murder rate (which you passed on), two points. The UK only counts solved murders in their crime statistics, fun fact. Also, according to the BBC, gun crime ROSE 40% after the 2001 handgun ban.

I would also like to state that "well regulated" was a common expression meaning properly functioning when the Bill of Rights was written, a well regulated militia was one that could wage war. Also, muskets *were* weapons of war in the 18th century, and "assault rifles" did exist. The Lewis and Clarke expedition had a rifle that could fire 20 rounds without reloading.

Don't try to sell our freedom so you can feel good inside. And do yourself a favor and look up the Battle of Athens, Georgia.

Sources:
    FBI Expanded Homicide Data Table 8
    NVSR v64 n2
    BBC Handgun Crime 'Up' Despite Ban

• In other news, 50+ million gun owners didn't kill anybody. Oh wait, that wasn't in the news. Or maybe I just missed that story.

• Just another mass shooting. America is used to it by now.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/25jiesi.jpg

The National Undertakers Association thanks the National Rifle Association.

• Perversely true :(

• Hate speech, lol! We used to call that "disagreeing with a liberal" until they decided anyone who disagreed dissonance out of hatred.

Was this guy a libtard? Yep. Were the others I mentioned? From what I've found, yep. Disagree if you want. Prove me wrong. I'll thank you for the new info if it's credible.

• Wow. Hiding behind the faces of children. You think gun owners just looked at Sandy Hook and decided we didn't give a damn? No. Not at all. But at the end of the day, there is evil in the world. Sometimes, it has a gun. Sometimes a knife, or a pipe bomb, or a can of gas and a lighter. Making a tool (which is a right to own) harder for law abiding citizens to get their hands on does nothing. The rash of stabbings in China, the bush battles in Africa, show that one can do plenty of damage with just a knife or machete.

And, let's just look at some numbers. In 2012, the year of Sandy Hook, 298 people were killed with rifles in the U. S. Swimming pools, cars, and ladders are all more dangerous, bee stings about 1/7 as dangerous (FBI and CDC numbers-wise). Is every loss a tragedy in and of itself? Of course, but a tragedy isn't a call for us to be less free, it's a call for each one of us to do our best to be better.

• It's not really about guns for the Republican politicians. It's about money as usual. The NRA makes huge lobbies and contributions. Firearms also make a TON of cash here in the US. The economy would go to shit if we didn't have weapons manufacturers.

• There is no justification for killing innocent people whether its religious or radicalism , these men have no ethics and humanity.

• At this point I'm not sure if it's the editor that puts pictures in between to avoid "walls of text", or an admin. The "congrats" quote of Trump's isn't all what he posted, therefore this falls under "cherry-picking" data, Literally, in this case.

"The reality in the States is you can 'Rambo-up' as easy as I can buy milk from the corner store and despite what tragedy ensues it just reinforces the love for guns."

Don't know what to say to this. An exaggeration, for sure, how much of an exaggeration, remains to be seen. I've heard different stories with regards to this "ramboing up". Obviously, USA is large, so it might vary from state to state. Haven't seen a single credible source in this matter.

Can't pick a standpoint. Insufficient credible material.

• more than 60% of gun related deaths are suicide. There are many other ways to commit suicide. If someone in that area had a gun I'm fairly certain that the death would be reduced by at least half. Witnesses on the scene reported seeing him with a bomb. If he didn't use the gun he would have used the bomb. Are you saying we should ban selling bombs? Oh wait...

• Not jumping into the debate pool here, but I really like that poem. :)

• More from Guys
    27