10 More Interesting Facts You Probably Didn't Know

There is a lot of surprising facts about the world that most people don't know, I already covered ten of them here are ten more.

1. The Tenth President of the United States HAS TWO LIVING GRANDCHILDREN

John Tyler was born in 1790 and became president in 1841, He had a fifteen children one of which, Lyon Gardiner Tyler was born in 1853, Lyon Gardiner Tyler had two children, Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr in 1924 and Harrison Ruffin Tyler in 1928. AND THEY ARE STILL ALIVE. A pre-civil war president has two living kids

2. The U.S is still paying a civil war pension

A woman named Irene Triplett, 84 years of age is the last living child of a civil war veteran. Her Father married a woman in the 1920s and she was born soon after and today recieves a pension check from the U.S government every month

http://time.com/95195/civil-war-pensioner/

3. Pre-Sliced bread is a recent invention

When people say that something is the 'greatest thing since sliced bread'

Well they are saying that something is the greatest thing since 1928 as that was when bread could first be bought pre-sliced

4. The Iron Maiden wasn't actually a torture device from the medieval era

The Iron Maiden was actually invented in the late 18th century by a man who forged a note saying it was a torture device from the middle ages.

5. The Great White Shark has only one natural predator

The Killer Whale is the only natural predator of the Great White Shark. So that scene with the dead Orca in Jaws 2, that would have gone the other way and if you've never seen jaws two, its better to keep it that way.

6. Ancient Romans used to swear on their testicles in court

In court when Romans were to swear to tell the truth they had to swear on their testicles and THIS is where the word testify comes from.

7. The Snake called the boomslang is the most deadly of the African snakes

It will cause you to bleed out of all your orifices until you die five days later. The thing is its not an elapid or viper but in a category called Colubridae which are usually non-venomous and tend to kill with constriction.

8. Each year 4 people die in the U.K while doing WHAT

Four people in the U.K die each year while PUTTING ON THEIR PANTS. I'm sure it happens plenty of times elsewhere but I could only find the stats for the U.K.

9. From Russia with Love eh,

It turns out that the country code for Russia is 007, who knew, the superspy wins again

10. I ATE WHAT!!!?

Vomit, that is what Honey is, it is bee vomit, a very specific type of bee vomit that is made for consumption by other bees but its still vomit. So if you eat honey you eat vomit.

If you missed the last take

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/other/a28917-10-interesting-facts-you-probably-didn-t-know

Waffles731 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 14

• I already knew #4 but the rest were interesting

• Number 6 is... OMG 😂
    English is truly fascinating!
    Great myTake

• These are all very interesting facts... Great take.

• Won't lie, bit gutted an editor stole my Take idea. I was going to do more of them but seems you're going to do that too...

• You need to make more MyTakes like this.

• #6... 😂 Makes sense.
    #7... creepy. 😐

Cool list overall!

• Wtf did I just read

• Amazing haha

• i dont care if the honey is bee vomit i still eat it there's plenty strange things i ate haha 😁

• Love curiosities, fun take..

• That was fun. Thanks for the info. Great take💟

• Thank God I am allergic to honey😅😅

• My dad told me about the last one growing up in an attempt to stop making me eat too much honey from the jar and he was right, but his attempt failed because I was a hungry kid... and still is.

• I knew number 10, saw it on tv when I was little. Anytime I'm eating honey with other people, I like to tell them it's vomit, and sometimes they get upset. But, whatev. More honey for me.

What Guys Said 16

• 10 facts lmao ! Fact i don't really care , just reading your post for a laugh

• I question number one. She would have been 71 when she had the first child and 75 for the second.

• I didn't know I could fit my balls into an overcoat.

• I would still take that honey 😝

• I knew about number 5, but I'm really surprised about number 4... excellent Take indeed.

• One for you:

Worlds shortest was was only 40 minutes long.

• The Romans weren't the only people to do that. the Hebrews of the Bible did as well.

• I love a type of vomit! Never thought I'd say that before.

• #6 is actually a myth.

• I wouldn't say the orca is a "natural" predator of great whites, to my knowledge its only one or two pods (groups) that actually hunt great whites (not exclusively). Each group hunts a different way (its actually how scientist keep track of the groups) and different prey since its actually a learned behavior. It kills them by flipping them upside down which causes the sharks brain to flood with seratonin causing it to fall unconcious, the orca then just holds the shark in place as it needs to constantly be moving in order to push water over its gills to breath. Its actually kind of creepy that they figured it out. Other then that good take! I knew most of these but I did not know about the orgins of the word testify. Its going to be my knew favorite word I think. Good take.

• Not interesting

• If I'm understanding it correctly... Question #1 is saying Lyon Tyler had 2 kids when he was over 70 years old 😶😳 What...

• Yes, a male human remains able to father children their entire life

• UK get your shit together for fucks sake.

• Seems legit bud

• The title lied, these aren't interesting