10 Manly Cocktails Every Man Should Know

10 manly cocktails every man should know

I have often heard with men that they are afraid to drink cocktails because they aren't manly. Well, here are 10 "manly cocktails" you can order at a bar and not get made fun of for drinking.

1. The Irish Car Bomb

Take a pint glass and fill it half up with Guiness and then take a shot glass and fill it up half Jameson and half Baileys and then drop the shot in the glass and drink it quickly.

2. The Jagerbomb

Take a Red Bull and pour it into a glass and then take a shot glass and fill it up with Jagermeister and then drop the shot in the glass and then drink it very quickly.

3. Flaming Dr. Pepper

Fill a shot glass with 3/4 of armaetto and then top it off with Bacardi 151 light the shot glass on fire and then drop the shot into a glass of beer and drink quickly.

4. The Black and Tan

Take a pint glass and fill it half up with Bass Ale (or any pale ale of you're choice) and then pour the Guiness onto a spoon and then you have a black and tan.

5. The Boiler Maker

This is a simple one just take a pint glass and fill it up with up to 12 ounces of beer and then drop in a shot of whiskey or any hard liquor of you're choice.

6. Old Fashioned

Take a ounce and a half of bourbon 2 dashes Angostura bitters, 1 Sugar cube, Few dashes of plain water and you have an old fashioned.

7. Tom Collins

To make a Tom Collins you need to mix gin with sugar syrup and lemon juice and soda water.

8. Dirty Martini

To make a dirty martini you mix gin with vermouth and olive juice with three olives in it.

9. Classic Manhattan

To make this drink you need 2 parts whiskey 1 part sweet vermouth 1 to 2 dashes bitters, such as Angostura an orange peel and real Maraschino Cherries.

10. The Sidecar

To make the Sidecar you need one part triple sec and one part cognac and one part lemon juice.

Did I get all the cocktails there are to know? And if I missed any please leave an opinion and let me know.

1217

Most Helpful Girl

• Never understood why there were 'guy' drinks and 'girl' drinks. Anyways some of the drinks mentioned sound really good.

• I didn't either. All I knew was that beer was supposed to be masculine, and wine is supposed to be feminine. I know it's BS, though, and I won't drink one way or another. Having an alcoholic for a mother has shown me enough horrors.

• My dad is the same way he had an alcoholic parent growing up and he refuses to touch a drink because of how his father acted around him. @CoverGuy

• Oh wow.. good for him!

Most Helpful Guy

• 1, 2, and 3 are for silly frat boy show offs. Of course, I guess that's the domain of people who are afraid of being laughed at at a bar in the first place.

In any case, you forgot gin & tonic, scotch & soda, rum & coke, and bloody mary, All very classic and simple (well, the bloody mary isn't as simple as the others)..

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

• 1, 2 and 4 look great! =)

• Tom Collins are a great substitute for mimosas.

• Yeah jäger bombs! WOOT WOOT!

• Really great take - now I know what I can recommend to my male friends when I want to go out to a fancy cocktail bar in stead of meeting at the pub; drinks that won't emasculate them. Cheers!

• Tom Collins is a manly drink? lol

• Are you a bartender?

• Tom Collins is one of my favorite cocktails, if you haven't tried it, you should :)

• I did an irish car bomb on my 21st birthday, never doing it again

• Vodka is better

• Never had any of them or alcohol period under age.

• You haven't my mom lets me try things i like white though brown is nasty 😒

• Ummm no i don't want to get arrested >.>

• cin tonic

What Guys Said 16

• Started weak and ended strong. 1-3 and 5 just vile crap people who don't actually like drinking push down to get drunk.

4 is fine, though i wouldn't call it a cocktail.

6-10 were some genuinely good old-school cocktails.

• Where the hell is the Martini (shaken, not stirred)? XD

What about (dry) Manhattan, the scotch (technically not a cocktail), rum g coke, or the rusty nail? Or whiskey on the rocks (yes I know it's not a cocktail)?

• A 4 horsemen will put some hair on your chest.

• My favorites out of this specific list are the classic old fashioned, classic manhattan, the sidecar, tom Colin's and dirty martini, classic drinks they are. You can save the 1-5 for somebody else.

• If I go out...

1 oz Spiced Rum, 1 oz Vanilla Liqueur, and Root Beer with a twist of lime.

Martini - Vodka Martini (Grey Goose), Vermouth, sprig of lemon or two olives.

• The first five, seemed too frat boyish early twenties get wasted bro drinks. The last 5 were more Manly. I only like the Old Fashion out of the list. It's easy, classy mellow with a complex undertone and easy to sip.

• No there's only three, each more manly than the last.
    1) Whiskey - neat
    2) Double whiskey - neat
    3) Whiskey - straight outa the bottle

• That's a good list, minus a few. Too many cocktails taste like a sugar bomb blew up in my mouth. None of those look too sugary.

• I just do gin and tonic.

• Tequila shots are better 😊

• I'll just stick to microbrewed beer and whiskey straight on the rocks

Simple and efficient

• It's not the cocktails that are unmanly. It's the glasses they come in.

• am not a big fan of cocktails but I tried in January adam's legacy and liked that one

• Try Patiyala shot someday..

• I would rather drink something I like than try to look cool. Most of what you listed tastes like shit.

• If ever a friend of mine has attempted to mock my choice of drink (whatever it may be) by calling it a "chick drink" or anything, my response has been thus:

Me: Whatever. This drink is manly as fuck.
    Them: How so?
    Me: Because I'm fucking drinking it.