Why do girls like to show off their boyfriend so much?

I have NEVER gotten this.

Honestly I'd never let anyone even know we were dating, let alone show him off to the world.

Is it out of insecurity? This one guy I know his girlfriend was staring at me all meanly. She made this huge show of going up to him, making sure he got his bus ride safely, I was like... he's not five, in my head.

It's also really funny when the guy clearly realizes what she's doing, but goes along with it anyways, because oh waht the hell.

Most Helpful Guy

• Interesting question and here's why. When older guys are attracted to younger girls not jail bait but 18, but anyway they are always accused of wanting a younger girl as a trophy. And this questions proves that a lot of females want guys as a trophy and more than likely it's those girls that's complaining about older guys only want younger girls for a trophy doing the same thing.

What Guys Said 7

• not at all... they want 2 keep him interested i guess!

• Maybe she is trying to make you jealous?

• I don't think it's just her, it's girls in general. I've noticed this around tonnes of other women too.

They'll be all, 'he's my boyfriend,' as though she's his toy.

• *he's her toy*

• That is a primal thing. She's being competitive over her male. She's on some cave-woman stuff with that one.

• social validation of how "good" they are doing.

• because they have high status and most importantly they have a lot of money. The females want to make other females jealous.

that's how the female mind works.

• This guy is neither rich nor good-looking.

WHat is there to show off? :P

Nah I know that's mean, but it is beyond me the depth to which people will go to for attention.

• i'm talking generally.

maybe there is one thing about him that she feels she'll benefit on, which iunno. Or she could be immature or she could really be in love with the guy.

• Must be some sort of social instinct.

• It seems girls get guys to show off rather than ones they actually care about

• You think so?

• I feel like it's a combination; they do like them, but they also just want someone to show off.

• This is why I don't want a girlfriend, rather just fuck them.

What Girls Said 1

• Personally I do not have to show off my boyfriend; my boyfriend shows off me instead.