I'm a guy, but don't like action movies?

I generally don't like action movies, and, as a guy, it feels weird. I like action sci-if like Predator, Aliens, and the Terminator, like Sci-Fi and Fantasy in general, drama, comedy, but I can't stand straight action flicks. To me, they seem like the same movie over and over again, with slit variation. In the 80s it was the invincible brooding hero wielding an assault rifle with seemingly endless ammo, in the 90s it was usually some brooding anti-hero type taking down amoral thugs, these days it's usually some current or former government agent of some kind either taking down some evil mafia or a government conspiracy... or terrorists. It seems to just be the same films over and over again. However, my dad has made fun of me sometimes for not liking them, like, should I?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't worry there is two of us on GaG - I don't see point of them either.

What Girls Said 2

• No everyone likes what they likes... it is just a movie genre...

• Just because i'm a girl I should like romantic comedies as well?
    Sorry, people. But I don't :P

What Guys Said 3

• If you don't like them then you don't like them. Nothing wrong with that. Each to their own opinions and experiences. Not everyone can or ever will exactly enjoy and like the exact same things. Everyone is different. Sometimes people even change their minds on what they liked or disliked. I don't even think gender really has anything to do with it.

Some people do not get bored with the same concepts but presented differently or slightly differently but technically still the same stuff. They may have a different perception or perspective as you do and they may not see that it's really just more of the same thing over and over again but done slightly differently, etc.

If your dad upsets you or offends you by making fun of you for not liking these action movies, ask him to stop it.

Also ask him this if there was something he did not like and you made fun of him for it, then would he be ok or fine with it?

• I like SciFi a lot and I could probably take your dad in a fair fight, so don't let it bother you. Watch what you like.

• So what... Everybody has their own choice... All of my friends love cricket and football but I don't...