True/false: girls that don't wear makeup have low confidence?

I don't wear makeup but these girls were saying "girls that don't wear makeup have low confidence And low self esteem"

I don't wear makeup because I don't really know how to use it that well and I don't have anyone to impress. I don't think I have low self esteem but do you think it's true?

• Yes. Most Girls that dont wear makeup have low confidence
  • No. Most Girls that don't wear makeup don't have low confidence

Most Helpful Guy

• I would think it'd be the other way around, actually.

Someone that doesn't wear makeup gives the impression that they're comfortable enough to know they don't need it. They are beautiful, and sexy, without having to enhance their own natural features.

Not all women that wear makeup lack self confidence, either, though. Used properly, makeup is used as more of an accessory than anything else. Wearing a purple dress? Use the appropriate makeup to bring out a complimentary blush to your cheeks, or add nail polish that enhances the color of the dress.

It's not always necessary un every day life. A woman can be gorgeous, beautiful, and confident in her natural skin, and guys will notice that. It's the girls that regularly cake themselves with unnecessary amounts of makeup that turn us off.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think the person concealing their flaws with make up would be the one with lower self confidence.

In reality , this question is impossible to answer.

Even though it seems more logical that the person enhancing their beauty with make up would have lower self esteem.

That would be making an assumption and huge generalization.

This person could have high self esteem but love the look of make up.

Also, The person with no make up could also have high self esteem but not be the best at applying make up (so she doesn't wear it).

Whether someone wears make up or not has nothing to do with the way they feel about themselves.
    That's just drawing a huge implication

What Guys Said 11

• Many girls don't wear makeup, or they wear minimal makeup, because they don't need it. Girls who routinely wear extensive makeup lack confidence in their natural appearance.

• No. I prefer women who wear little to no makeup. On the contrary, women who cake makeup on and douse themselves in overbearing perfume are extremely self-conscious and generally have very low self-esteems.

As you mentioned, you impress people by being yourself and comfortable in your own skin. People will respect you for your individuality and ideologies and not for looking like a smelly woman made of wax.

• I actually think it's the opposite, girls that wear makeup are more confident cause they don't wanna change their appearance to be attractive.
    Girls with low confidence and self-esteem will wear makeup, unless she's lazy and has given up on her appearance.

• What rubbish. If anything, girls that wear no makeup are more confident because they don't need artificial enhancements to make them feel beautiful! You say you don't have anyone to impress, but your attitude impresses me!!

Kudos!!

• If anything they would have more confidence to go without

• The girls without makeup are crystal clear. They don't pretend or fake anyone. I think they have a clear and innocent heart.

• They were just projecting its usually the opposite but not always

• I thought it was the other way around O. o

• Low confidence and low self esteem girls wear makeup to boost confidence and self esteem!

• Eh not based on the make up

• Wouldn't the person hiding their flaws with makeup be the one with low confidence?

What Girls Said 12

• I have low confidence and really bad self-esteem issues, but it is no way, shape or form because of me not wearing make-up. I hate wearing it because it's a lot of work to put on and a lot of work to take off. I also like natural beauty best.

• The answer is false. Even though I love make-up I go without it most of the time unless I feel like dressing up because I don't like clogged pores, and damaged skin. Not wearing make-up all the time is actually good for you. :T

• No I don't wear makeup cuz I don't think I need it an I think its a waste of time an money. I'd think that more women who wear makeup have low self confidence only cuz why would you hide your face with all that stuff? Then lots of them who wear it just like the look of it too

• It's the opposite actually- girls with low confidence wear tons of make up to hide their flaws. Of course, this doesn't apply to every girl that wears make up- just the ones that cake their face with it. So, these girls said that to hurt you. I bet they admire you for having the confidence to go make up free.

• How does that make any sense? Surely girls who don't feel the need to hide or enhance their faces have higher self esteem than those who do?

• i don't wear make up..

• It's the girls who wear makeup that usually have low confidence. They feel they have to cover up or change themselves. People that don't wear makeup usually have higher confidence because they know they don't need it.

• It depends on the person. Some women without makeup are confident. Some women without makeup are insecure.

• No, lol.

For me, I have more confidence when I am natural.

• No. I don't wear makeup and my self esteem is low, but makeup is not the reason for it.. lol.

• Some girls don't want make up on their face. It's just a personal choice.

• I know how u feel, and if anything it would make more sense that the girls that do wear makeup have low self esteems because they're trying to hide their flaws while the girls who don't have less to hide. But i'm just looking at it from the most logical point of view.