Why do Asians usually have bowed legs and big calves? I'm half Asian and white? Just wondering?

I'm 16 and just curious.. I was going through old photos and a I came across a pic of me, my white mom, and my Asian aunt.. My moms legs were straight and me and my aunts were bowed with big calves.. Why is this? Is this most Asians? I'm half Viet and white.. Major differences in white and Asians? I just want to know your input. Nothing rude please.. :) thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• I noticed this too and this question made me Google why lol.

www.iromegane.com/.../

Interesting article. But to sum up the gist of it. It's basically cultural and to do with what was for a long time considered the essence of femininity. Its said that 90% of Japanese and Koreans have it.

Which now kind of explains why it's usually do difficult for a western person to sit for sustained periods of time with their ankles touching the back of their thighs or even the calves spread to the side.

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...ME-CULTURE%E2%99%AA-2.jpg

• However it can quite easily be changed

• It's comfortable for me to stand like those girls in the above pic but I do have well formed calves.

Most Helpful Girl

• really? I'm yet to see an Asian woman in the flesh with big calves.
    I'm sure they're around but yeah.. never seen yet.

• I noticed many with big calves but not very big thighs

What Guys Said 9

• I wouldn't know to be honest seeing a pure blood Asian around here is really rare I haven't even seen an Asian person in about a 5 years to a decade. I would imagine it being a race thing and having to do with your races genetics.

I mean in a lot of Asian countries for thousands of years and even today in the less modern ones, women work a lot in the fields, planting often being in a crouched to squatting position over and over and over again. I would imagine after a few centuries of doing that over and over you're bodies adapted and women's legs in your race became stronger and large because of that to accompany the hard labor and work they do.

• THat many Asians?

• I think because of genes, didn't the Asian women work the fields thus giving them stronger legs especially the knee high water fields while white women didn't have to work which is why they're more skinnier

• Only Asian women have bowed legs... Asians are the most populous ethnic group in the world...

I don't know... should we point out the obvious?

• It's not really a problem. i love Asian women and most guys think they're hot. I'm sure your legs are just fine.

• its cute so its okay😊 i have Asian friends and not all of them have bowed legs.

• Asian girls have very cute thighs tho. i never seen any of the Asian girls have bowed legs.

• i'm vietnamese

• I'm Asian myself and never in my life have I met a bowlegged person

What Girls Said 4

• I'm white and have that. My spine is swaybacked though. I get a lot of compliments on my legs and I used to do ballet so it serves me. I often wondered why I didn't have the typical "white body type."

• i'm Asian and only my grandma has this problem. aside from her, every other Asian i know has straight legs and normal-looking calves.

• it's called genetic...

• I don't know I'm half Asian and I have bowed legs with big calves too but I know plenty of Asians with straight legs. As for calves, like 90% of Asians have big calves.