Roommate's mom visiting for a month in our tiny apartment on campus - she's always very nice but I am still annoyed and feel bad?

My roommate is getting ready to take really important exams so her mom is here for a month cooking for her and everything. She's always really nice to me, but I am still irritated - it's a small space and there's only one bathroom and sometimes it's just irritating to come home to my roommate's mom. Sometimes I get irritated when I am home for a long time and have to go home to my own parents! Lol I feel bad though but it gets frustrating. I'm never rude or anything but I just want to know if I am wrong for being annoyed?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's wrong for being a bit annoyed. she's intruding into your personal space and making your home life a bit inconvenient for a time... the thing is that is the nature of having people stay in your home.

I had good friends come stay at my house for week last Christmas. I invited them and was happy to see them but by the end of week I was annoyed by the inconvenience. I'd of course let them stay again and accept the inconvenience as the price you pay to help those you care about

• not sure if you misread the question but this is not my mother in my home and I definitely did not invite her especially for a month...

• I don't think you understand. This person is a stranger not someone I care about. I live in a dorm on campus at school.

• I get it. my point is it is an inconvenience to have people staying in your personal space. I was just relating my own personal experience. no it's not exactly like yours

re-read my first paragraph
      "I don't think it's wrong for being a bit annoyed. she's intruding into your personal space and making your home life a bit inconvenient for a time... the thing is that is the nature of having people stay in your home."

What Guys Said 3

• "Visiting for a month" is basically living there for a month, longer than just a visit. It is extremely rude of your roommate to put this on you. It is probably against campus rules, too. If "mom" was going to be there longer than a week at the most, other arrangements shoujld have been made, such as a hotel.

• That's crazy. Mommas girl. At your age you should be fully on your own. How is this girl going to survive in the real world? At 23 I had a job my own place a car and lived 300 miles from my parents.

That's unfair to you and just creepy that she would come for a month. This girl needs to say 'mom, you need to go home. I got this.'

Maybe you should masturbate really loudly every night. Make her mom uncomfortable. Ha ha.

• No certainly not. Privacy is really important and if "mom" would only visit from time to time it would probably be no problem.
    But the face she's constantly there in a small space, must be frustrating indeed. Don't feel shy about it. And it's nice that you remain friendly to her :D

What Girls Said 0