When you think of Ethiopia, what first comes to mind?

Ethiopia!

Most Helpful Girl

• incredible and revolutionary :) not because of their current government, but because of all the incredible writers, scholars, and philosophers who have come from Ethiopia.

i also think about the severe exploitation that they are enduring by the first world. i think about how starbucks likely has exploited children and their families to gain access to more affordable coffee. or how so many people are forced to work to gain access to minerals for products the first world hardly requires, but demands anyways.

and Ethiopian food. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO goooood

Most Helpful Guy

• The only country in Africa to preserve the independence of the colonial era and writer Alexander Pushkin.

What Girls Said 16

• Famine Years back.. Rich history.. poverty oppressed Jewish population in Isreal and in Ethiopia

• I think of my cousin who is Ethiopian.

• My very good looking friend who I will never allow myself to like.

• I think of our family friends who are Ethiopian. The ones we know are really sweet and have a really peaceful air about the. They are a beautiful people.

• An east African country next to Somalia
    People have dark complexion and small facial features. Mainly christian Orthodox and Islam is the second religion. Supermodels

• actually they have a much longer hebrew history than any other religion

• @cjmtherfcker Yes I agree, it's obvious because Judaism is oldest of the 3 Abrahamic religions, but proportion wise, the Jewish population can barely compete with Christianity, Islam and paganism

• yeah probably islam is really strong in that region right now and has been for the better part of a thousand years. Judaism is just usually the first religion I associate with them. My best friend was Ethiopian. I have seen some really fair skin Ethiopians. like really fair. I don't typically associate them with dark skin as compared to other Africans

• Habsyah in my Ancient History class, and world hunger..

• their incredibly talented distance runners

• great coffee !
    and of course good athletes

• The only country not colonized by Europe
    Christian
    I also want to try Ethiopian food

• I have family living there.

• Homsapiens

• Coffee~~ :)

• A place in a country

• Lol. It is a country. One of the oldest there is. Never heard of Aksum? They were rivals to Egypt.

• Home. I think of all my ancestors and family. Also our history. Are you Ethiopian? :)

• No, it's just another of my country questions i've been asking for a few months now. :)

• Ha ha ha. Okay then. I will have to check them out. You should visit some time.

• My parents used to sponsor a child from Eritrea, which is next to Ethiopia, so they are they are the first things I think of when I hear Ethiopia.

• Hunger and poverty.

What Guys Said 14

• The ethnicity of some of my coworkers.

• iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/.../...ulture.jpg

Grow up in the 80s and this was all you ever heard about Ethiopia.

• Unfortunately famine

• I know. :( We need to work on our brand. Our country is rich in history and natural resources. You should come sometime. It is really lovely.

• Ethiopian food! :-D

• That place where this ancient Christian thing was supposedly buried i remember watching a documentary about it.

• Sexy Ethiopian chicks.

• A region that produces coffee at a lower level of that of south america, with the exception of Yirgacheffe.

• famine and death basically

• Oh. :( Then you don't know much about us. We have a very beautiful country and culture. You should come visit sometime. Our weather is amazing. I will show you around if you ever come.

• @heartattack25 to be honest that is a stigma from years ago when all that was spoken about was famine and death, as you live there sure you know far better how it has improved than me

• That one South Park episode

• I love the food! I've been eating it forever it's the tastiest food I've ever had.

• A great country from horn of africa with very rich with history, who have got 80 different ethnic groups, one of the fast developing countries in the world, they have got an amazing food, it's very rainy all the time, it's 2007 for them now and more importantly @heartattack25 is from there.

• A whole nation of people who just run super long distances

• original Egyptians, and hebrews