I turn 30 tomorrow; today is the last day of my 20s! How did you spend your most recent milestone birthday?

I'm having a mid-size party at home with some family and close friends. I'm making large batches of cocktails and I will be having lasagna, my favorite food! Cake is marble (chocolate/white swirl) cake with banana filling and buttercream frosting!

I realized that I don't need to have a massive amount of people to have a good time, and I've outgrown the "going to the club on my birthday" thing that I used to do in uni. 8-)

------

Whether your most recent milestone birthday was your 13th, 16, 18, 20th, 21st (if you're from the USA due to being of legal drinking age), 25th, 30th, 35th, and beyond...
...
...
...
... how did you celebrate?

Give details of where you were, who you were with, what food/drinks were there, what organized activities there were (if any), presents u got (if any), and the cake you had.

------

#DirtyThirty #GoodbyeTwenties

Most Helpful Girl

• OMG MY FELLOW LIBRAN!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈I'm so sorry I'm late but i hope u had an amazing one. all the best for this year and all the others to come.

well my next milestone is coming up very soon haha :)

by the way, if u ever feel a tad intimidated by being 30, dont b. it doesn't mean much. just think of it like this...
    www.kappit.com/img/pics/37042455gifce_sm.jpg

:) #profdons30th

Most Helpful Guy

• I go sailing. Every birthday.

I think the last milestone birthday I celebrated was my 21st. We hunted a mammoth and fought of saber toothed cats! Those paintings on the walls of Lascaux? Those are my 21st birthday cards.

What Girls Said 20

• My last milestone birthday was a few weeks ago, I turned 21.

I celebrated by staying home. I dressed in a comfortable T-shirt and shorts. I also ate junk food and watched my favorite Disney movies by myself... and it was wonderful. Lol

• Whatever floats your boat, Ms. Admin Bee! What movies did u watch?

• The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins are illustrative tales for young men. Wanna get with the hot nanny (and Julie Andrews is essentially playing the same character)? Look at Burt and Baron von Trapp.
      Burt: unemployed (more or less), not very ambitious, lives who knows where (possibly in the streets)
      Baron von Trapp: gainfully employed, owns a car, principled to rip up a Nazi flag, courageous enough to stare down the barrel of a gun.

• @Bluemax haha that's very true, I haven't thought about it before.

• Happy Birhday🎂🎉🎈

When I turned 21 I went out with my friends for drinks. My friend gave me a cute outfit for my present (She know my style well) I had birthday cupcakes (which were super delicious btw) instead of a cake. We took lots of pics & had a blast that night.

• Let's see... on my birthday... I worked. And then had a small family gathering at my house.

• That reminds me, on one of my birthdays (some time in my 30s), my work planned a surprise birthday party for me. I came in the other entrance and caught them off guard. I had forgotten it was my birthday (early senility?) and asked my boss who the cake was for. She looked shocked and said, "Er, it's for YOU! You knucklehead!" I had forgotten my own birthday. My boss told me to go back through the other entrance and "surprised" me when I returned.

• I spent it mostly in the bathroom, hiding from my guests (family + relatives) because of my social anxiety and the fact that being the focus/in big crowds overwhelms me. I even went to my room and hyperventilated for a while. I don't really remember what food we served. Something from a caterer, probably just appetizers.

• My last milestone birthday (21) wasn't very exciting. A few friends and I went out to dinner, I ordered a margarita, and then we went back to my place and played Truth or Dare.

My last actual birthday (23) was actually way more interesting. Some friends and I went out to dinner, then went back to my place and we played Cards Against Humanity, and I drank an entire bottle of wine. It was fun!

• A whole bottle of substitute by yourself? Naughty girl! :)

• I guess my most recent milestone birthday was 21. I had dinner with some friends and ordered my first drink and then we had a small party and my friends surprised me by decorating my apartment.😊

• Happy birthday! I guess you're in fully adulthood. Look forward to job security, marriage and children I guess 😄😁

• I don't believe in celebrating birthdays so you won't find me doing anything big for mine ever.

• Happy belated birthday! My last milestone birthday was my 25th. My family threw me a big party.

• Happy birthday! I hope you had a good one :)

For my recently milestone birthday, my 21st a couple of years ago, I went out with my friends and I got very very drunk. I had to be carried to the car because I could not walk. (I had been bought dozens of drinks including fireball whiskeys)

I ended up sleeping with a friend, a one night stand. Unfortunately my best friend never spoke to me again after that night which is quite rich really. But hey ho life goes on. She has two children now.

• Me and my boyfriend went away for my 30th to a hotel spa thing. It was crap. The food was crap. The hotel was being renovated so looked crap. The hotel was part spa and had this awful incense smell which was mingling with the Sunday carvery from the restaurant and it made the whole place smell like a retirement home. And I lost my favourite earrings, the ones my boyfriend gave me as a gift for a previous birthday. All round it was shit. Ha!

• Happy birthday Prof Don. !!!

I'm totally invited right? 😁

I don't do the birthday thing.

• For my 30th birthday I went to a chinese buffet and had regular buffet food. We will be going on again on the 26th or 27th.

• i didn't do anything special for my 30th b-day as i have not celebrated a b-day since my 21st. i do recall my housemate at the time giving me a small present.

however, for my friends 30th b-day which was only two weeks later from mine, a group of our friends had dinner at Ozumo. along with the delicious food, three of my friends had oyster shooters, and her brother bought $200 worth of sake. it was fun! we spent a whole lot of money that day :)

• I haven't had oyster shots in years... and never had sake!

• you should give it a try :) it taste like dry white wine mixed with vodka, that's how best i can describe it

• Happy Dirty 30s Birthday! That is all :). 22 I went to an amusement park won a snoopy doll, and then had cupcakes on my actual birthday.

• Happy birthday and welcome to the Dirty Thirties Club!!! It only gets better from here if ya know what I mean 😉😜.

• my milestone birthday was just a couple months ago on June 25th and I turned 25 and as I recall if I remember I don't think I did anything

• I turned 38 this past July we went out for steaks & a drink or 2.
    Oh yea Happy birthday.

• I remember having this anxiety when I was turning 30, was afraid to give up my twenties but I got over it, would not want to go back. Happy birthday, its just another year added.

• Happy Birthday!

My birthday was last week and I did absolutely nothing. No one remembered me and I became a shut in. I just enjoyed myself and didn't make a fuse. Would I have liked to celebrate with friends? Of course, but they don't seem to care any more (I mentioned a get together a few weeks earlier and everyone was busy) and are very wrapped up in their own lives at the moment. So it was very low-key. It was my 21st birthday, too.

• Sorry to hear that! Maybe u can get with your people later! :-P

• It's all good. :)

• Happy birthday :)

My last milestone birthday I s'pose was 18; I stayed at the Russell Hotel in London and got to go to Camden Market and Brick Lane vintage shopping and then have Chinese food, that was pretty sweet

I'll be 20 on Monday and I'm not doing anything. Just going into Uni for a Sociology tutorial

What Guys Said 5

• Well when I turned 21 last year the plan was to drink a little a friends house and then go bar hopping. Buuuttt I got sick due to not eating enough before I started taking shots and didn't enjoy it as much as I should've lol

• 13, didn't do much since my mother was in hospital
    14 i went to this lazer tag thing in a giant forest its like lazer tag and paintball together; me and about 20 other of my friends went fun af might go next year

• Unfortunately not getting my dick sucked

• I just stayed in my room. I'm probably going to hate turning 30, I hate aging 😠

• "I hate aging"

When you're my age and you hear someone who is 22 making a statement like this, you're going to laugh your ass off. 22 isn't even in my rear view mirror anymore. It disappeared over the horizon behind me. ;)

• @Bluemax
      When you were 22 did you have the same mindset that I do now or did you always embrace aging?

• When I was 22, I was blissfully thoughtless about aging. I don't think I gave it more than a second or two of attention. I was out hiking, out partying, out exploring, oh, and playing role playing games (which my wife frequently rolled her eyes at the thought).

• It was a few days ago and I spent it crying.