Would you rather fight a lion or a gorilla (bare handed, no cheating)?

I mean I guess they are both a death sentecnce.

• Fight a lion
  • Fight a Gorilla

Most Helpful Girl

• The gorilla does not always attack. There was this story not too long ago about a child fell down from the railings at the zoo and the gorilla just nudged it and eventually walked off with the screamer. Of course there is Dian Fossey, the brave woman who tried to help the gorillas. People can get close to them which is 50/50 if you play your cards right. Same with lions but they have teeth and run really fast. So I'll take my chances with King Kong!.

• Well it did not see the little child as a treat, if it was an adult who fell, it might have been a different story.

• What is the point you're trying to make?

• Well there is a better chance in comparison to the lion, not really trying to make a point, just sharing some details.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lion. Because the chances of surviving are like a few percent higher. A lion could pounce at you and, even though highly unlikely, you could avoid that pounce, then turn around and go straight for them before they can react properly and then gauge their eyes out (extreme but what else is there). A gorilla is just going to come up to you and with a swoosh of a hand or a single bite - you're dead. There is and has never been a human alive that could defeat a gorilla - they are multiple times stronger than the biggest and strongest man that has ever lived.

What Girls Said 7

• Gorilla I guess.

• @SomeGuy37 Why don't you send the girl a message?

• Message? the girl? are you reading something into this?

• Gorilla, but I think I would have a better chance beating a lion, not that I really have a chance at all... but still.

• A lion, because they're majestic. I'd rather die by a majestic beast than one that throws its own shit.

• Either. Because I'd be dead both routes.

• a gorilla will beat your butt until you're dead. very slow and painful. A lion will just rip your throat out. so I choose lion.

• So you are just going to surrender, and take the easier death? :)

• Then Rock it Girl!!

• Lion. Ill use my opposable thumbs to the advantage.

• If Tarzan can fight leopards I can fight lions lol

What Guys Said 26

• Lion, definitely!! If you smack them, HARD, in the nose, like sharks, YOU become the Alpha, and they respect you!!
    Primates fight different, and I'm not sure how to defeat a Gorilla!! Obviously, it isn't strength, but whit, but because we have such a similar evolutionary path, he has advantages, depending on the 'Battleground'!!

• I'm not sure you'd be able to hit it hard enough or even fast enough. It would be at your jagular before you close your fist, if you happen to bump into one for example.

• You forget that we evolved from 'Monkeys' and that 'Primate Brain' is still there!! Dodge and swerve!! Two legs are more agile than four!! Quick turn, counter punch!!
      Not like I'm going to do it, or put it on my Bucket List, but the question was hypothetical!

• lion. They can't crush your skull with a single hit. Yeah, a gorilla male can do that.
    One solide hit, and you're dead.

• The lion!

It sounds more sexy for my ghost to say "I died fighting a LION with my bare hands". >:-D

Plus, Hercules fought a lion also. And every boy at one point or another has imagined being like Hercules. xD

• Lion. The gorilla will fucking rip your arms off.
    Plus, there's a chance you can survive. Go for the eyes.

• Gorillas tend to be cowardice, though very powerful.
    I'm certain it'd be easier to scare away a gorilla than a lion.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZDd08lg0Q0

• Fight a Gorilla The lion is my people

• If i was Christian I'd fight the lion. If i was an atheist I'd go with the primate no question.

It's only fitting.

• Gorilla's are generally pretty peaceful so there is a good chance you could calm it down and come to a kind of understanding.

Lions, not so much.

• At least a lion would be quick, straight for the jugular. A gorilla would fuck you up. Probably die from internal bleeding. It's a loose loose, but I'd choose a quick death.

• A lion would be a quicker death.

• F**k it, I do them both.

• The lion would be a much quicker death...

• I will take the lion, better chances. with the gorilla there is no chance

• The gorilla... I would feel less bad about it after I killed it with my bare hands <_<

• Gorillas are herbivores so if I'm losing or get knocked out i know lions won't kill me

• Both ways you're fuuucked

• a gorilla... it might actually think that i'm a cool guy.

• Lion for sure, at least he will eat me.

• if there is a tree in around i prefer lion

• A gorillas balls might be easier to uppercut was my first thought!

• Gorillas have thumbs, no thank you

• You prefer 2 inch claws.

• Up to you, but I see far less chance with the king of the jungle, it's far far more difficult for the lion to empathise with you. The gorillas like the chimps are more closely related to humans, and they might understand; you offer them something, and if it happens to be a banana you become instant best friends. hehe

• chimps are brutal though... if you look up documentaries from them... they aren't as sweet as the zoo makes them seem.

Meh.. I'm probably dead either way... What weapon do I get?

• both are deadly. lion more so. claws, more deadly bite.

• gorilla , lets hope that they think i am their friend ; p

• Lion, because Hercules and Gilgamesh and Samson managed to defeat a lion (bare handed), but no hero ever managed to beat gorilla.

discountedamerica.com/.../samson-vs-lion_0.jpg

enkispeaks.com/.../Gilgamesh-kills-lion.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d0c61d97b9.jpg

• a lion becuz it will be a quick death

• Oh, if death is certian I would have chose lion.

Because they will kill you humanly if you don't resist.