What does it mean if someone only hugs you with one arm?

Not huggin from the side but hugging while facing each other but only using one arm and he/she isn't holding anything in the other.

by the way, in my situation that is, he didn't used to hug me that way

Most Helpful Guy

• It means you're looking too much into this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I hug with one arm when I feel awkward, which is with most people because I'm not a hugger. I only really hug the guy I like with two arms. But some people's hugging style is just naturally with one arm. And if this only happened once and he's given you better hugs before, it could be that he wasn't in the mood to hug that day. If you guys are used to hugging each other, try hugging him with two arms and see how he reacts.

• It is funny because people have said he likes me and he shows signs that he does in a weird way (he is kinda shy around me). This hasn't only happened once, he didn't used to in the past but starting a few months ago it has been consistent.

• That is true. I'm not a shy girl in general but I do get a bit nervous around him socially but not physically. If he knew I liked him I wouldn't be afraid of it either. The fact that it just happened randomly and hasn't stopped though but ugh maybe I am just looking into this too much.

• Are there any other signs he likes you? I'm a shy girl and I like a shy guy (difficult situation) and he does things like look at me then look away when I look back at him. He's also smiled at me and then looked away when I smiled back and vice versa. When we're alone we both are awkward sometimes but in a group he teases me playfully... though after getting more comfortable alone we also started teasing each other then as well. He also does little things that could pass for just being friendly like say goodnight

What Guys Said 15

• I do that kinda a lot. Just a lack of enthusiasm. Doesn't really mean anything.

• His other arm hurts xD

No ehm. I think he's used to giving one arm hugs then. Like some people I give a hand, then we pull eachother close and hug with the other hand

• oh, well I think it is more low key ( if that makes sense) than a normal hug, but his shoulder could of also been hurting or something

• maybe the other arm hurts to be lifted?

• Depends what they're doing with the other one.

• Do you smell?

• it means he's getting lazier day by day... 😂😂😂😂

• Depends on where the other hand goes.

• i hug girls with one arm when they are friends. But i would worry much about it...

• oh no why should i worry?

• I meant wouldn't you shouldn't worry about it. Could sometimes be awkward Moment when i like a girl i make sure i give her a full hearted hug with a kiss in her cheek tho but thats me everybody is different.

• At least he hugged you? many people have styles when it comes to hugging-handshaking etc.

• I know for me I one hug if I am hugging my homeboy girl or hugging a girl I haven't seen in a while.

• What's wrong with some people? Stop being such an insecure kid. Not everything has a meaning.

• He doesn't want to get your ugly on him.

• you either disgust him, he sees you as a sister, or he's just really bad at body language

• Usually they feel awkward hugging and that's why

• I wonder why he would feel awkward though

What Girls Said 11

• I have thought about this too, but I think it is the norm now. People do not embrace each other too much anymore or maybe they are not much of a hugger. I do not think they may even notice. It also shows more affection toward someone I think, so fear maybe too.

• That's a freakin' half-assed hug. Some people really don't like putting effort in hugs I guess >_>

• i DUNNO! Its just a HUG!

• It's a way to hold I guess. Doesn't really mean anything. That's how men hug actually lol they use one arm usually

• I do that a lot. If its someone I like I hug wholeheartly not holding anything back but I normally do the one arm thing if you are new to me and I dont trust you

• I don't know if it *means* anything but the only people who seem to give me those kinds of hugs are relatives - the ones you only see on holidays, not the ones you are genuinely close to.

Of those relatives, the ones I don't know very well give the barely-even-touching-you one-armed hug. The ones I've known forever at least put a little bit of effort into the half-hug. haha

I don't know if that helps at all. Sometimes hugs are just randomly awkward for no real reason.

• I usually only use one arm when I don't know the person that well, if I feel uncomfortable around them or if they smell. Haha. If it's a guy I like, I'll always hug with two arms when I can. If he's in the friendzone, it's the one arm and possibly followed by a pat on the back.

• I usually do that if I'm not close enough to that person, but really, don't overthink it.

• Friend zoned jk lol

• I hug people like this all the time because I don't like hugs and i'm slightly claustrophobic

• I don't care I still hug with both <3