How has your appearance changed since high school (or before)?

So I was looking back at some picture from high school and realized just how much I have changed in such a short time.

Top 2 pictures were taken right after highschool (yes, feel free to laugh at me lol), bottom 2 about 2 years later... and honestly I dont think I even look like the same person anymore.

So GaG... lets post some embarrassing pics with at least 1 year difference!
Either your style, or just general apperance!
Or have you stayed pretty much the same?

Let me know!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 56

• I don't have many pictures from high school. a lot from college tho.

I was 19 here. I was into oversized plays back then lol. My fashion sense has always been weird. And I like it that way.
    https://imgur.com/dv5PNRC.jpg

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of myself. I was 20.
    https://imgur.com/wq65GME.jpg

And this is me at 28.
    https://imgur.com/r19BddR.jpg

• From high school to now. Not much has changed. Though sadly I ended up getting adult acne about a year ago. :'(

Here is me when I was 15/16 years old.
    http://i.imgur.com/ozNZgPc.jpg

This is me today. Which I just took this a couple of hours ago. My hair is a horrible mess and my bangs look awful.
    http://i.imgur.com/Sv76OUF.jpg

• Omg, so much transformation! You looked soo beautiful as 16 year old , and from the attitude you are giving in the pic it is very clear that you knew it very well that you are beautiful ! Sort of airy. Lol.
      Can't believe it's the same girl in both pics :)

• I don't see that much difference. It's just a different expression. :P

• @Daniel961 Due to my pale skin. It blinds the camera flash so it doesn't show the detail of my adult acne. Though that's the only different and along with my upper lip piercings.

• You changed a LOT. And wow you're handsome XD

I feel like I'm always the same... My facial expressions changed and they look more "mature" and stronger (?), but overall I still look like a kid. Last year someone told me I looked 16... that hurt lmao
    Me as a little kid (on the right)
    http://i.imgur.com/ysyfGn3.jpg
    18 years old me, I look like I was sleeping -_-
    http://i.imgur.com/Ikw25Vp.jpg

• It's better to look youthful.

• I'm 27 in 3 days. I get reactions of shock from people when I tell them my age. asking if their reaction should be taken in a positive or negative way, I am always told it's good that I look younger. at this point people estimate my age at around 20-ish.
      So my question to you is, why do you believe it can get a little annoying? I heard some girl saying that under-aged guys hit on her because she looks younger than she is... Is this the same for you?

• @looneymalooney No, that has never happened to me (luckily), but I often bump into people who don't take me seriously because I look very young.

• Freshman year of high school vs senior year of college.
    Lmfao at my side bangs. What was I thinking?
    This is before I discovered makeup and how to do my brows. Right before my acne came too, but you can see the beginning of it.
    i296.photobucket.com/.../...9%20PM_zpsq3zcy42f.png

• Okay I never do this, but let's go xD

Me in 2011:
    scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...3522884_4017584_n.jpg
    ^this was in Italy on a Christmas family visit.

Me in 2014:
    scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...624483175155732_n.jpg
    ^this was in Gent, Belgium or Paris, France don't remember.
    ^Yeah I know extremely flattering pic right?

Me now:
    scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...189016267594493_o.jpg
    ^this was at an afro festival in my own city and the guy in the pic is my older brother :P

• 3|2
  • I was about 16 in this picture:
    http://i.imgur.com/KnoKMN0.jpg

Honestly, I don't think much has changed. I'm better at makeup and my eyebrows evolved. That's about it.

• You're cute!

Here's me.

8th grade:
    scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../..._6364719_n.jpg

9th grade:
    scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...26138762_n.jpg

10th grade: scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...50831210_n.jpg

I don't actually have any pictures from 11th grade surprisingly, i stopped taking selfies.

Senior prom: scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...25090806_n.jpg

Summer between senior year and college: 40.media.tumblr.com/.../...o3sfAg1tncizzo1_400.jpg

I think I actually look younger in my selfies more recently than I did when I was younger, because when I was younger, I wore makeup to look older.

• Aye, you're growing younger. Need your secret!

• @Levin Growing younger might've been a good thing if it was growing younger from, say, 40 to 30, but not so much of a good thing when you're growing younger from 17 to 12 :p

• touche, haha :P I have to confess I didn't really understand all the 'senior' , '10th grade' stuff anyway.

• Age 14:
    scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...35399926_n.jpg

Age 17:
    scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...97742184_n.jpg

I won't go back any farther than that because it just gets plain embarrassing :)

• I'm not going to post pics of myself, but I can say I have definitely changed since high school!

I have always been bigger, but I have gained a bit of weight since high school. I used to think I was really fat back then, but I wasn't really that bad. I had an adult body as a teen. My boobs were really big and I had broad shoulders. I didn't have to worry about filling out a dress.

Today my boobs are even bigger and I am several inches taller. My hair is not as long as it was, but it's lighter (because I have dyed it!).

I'd say my overall appearance is better. I had severe acne as a teen and it was difficult to manage. It's since calmed down a bit, though I do break out from time to time.

My style has also become more refined. Mainly because I now have money for clothes.

It's been almost 10 years from high school for me. I'm kind of glad I grew into who I am now. I am far more confident than I was in high school and feel very positive about my future :)

• well you turned out alright, lol.
    anyway i am NOT posting that, that's so embarrassing!

all i can say is that despite the hell it gave me, I'm so thankful for puberty.

• Yes. I am better looking than I was in High School. Although, I will never be pretty, I look back at High School photos, and I don't feel as insecure as I did back then. I still unfortunately have a masculine face, but I've learned how to make myself look more feminine and I have lost weight.

In High School, I was overweight, my hair was extremely frizzy, I had bad acne, my face was even more masculine and chubby, I didn't know how to pluck my eyebrows properly, I wore baggy clothes until my early 20's and I had glasses.

In my early 20's, I realized I'd never have a pretty face, but I realized that I did get more attention since I lost weight. Once I was done High School, for some reason the weight came right off. Now I do everything I can to keep fit. I do everything I can to make sure my hair isn't frizzy. My acne cleared right up. I wear form fitting clothes. I have contacts now. My face doesn't have much of a boyish look to it, although I do have a huge nose. I make sure to work on my eyes because they are basically my only good feature.

I think on average I made myself go from a 2 to a 4 or 5. I am never going to be the girl that guys look at twice but I look better than I used to because I take care of myself.

• In highschool I didn't put much thought or effort into my appearance. I was 5'4" and 180 lb with long frizzy red hair, glasses, and never wore a bit of makeup.
    I went to college and played softball. I am still 5'4" but 142 lbs now. I have learned how to care for my hair better as well as apply makeup. I still wear glasses (my boyfriend likes them) and every guy that rejected me in highschool has tried to hit me up.
    Other than that, I still have my dad's nose and my mom's smile. I didn't get super hot like some people do, but I think I did pretty well for myself. lol

• Back in highschool I had a big booty people gave me the names : miss cakey, pattycake, big booty judy, nicki minaj, Jlo well they used to say my booty was bigger than JLO's, my face was a little more fuller and i looked more feminine sensual & seductive, I looked very mature at the time and didn't need excessive makeup to look good... now I look very different my face looks a bit more masculine my face lost its fullness, my jaw is more defined, my butt is almost flat, I look a bit washed up without make up, but with make up my face i seem a little more feminized also I no longer look sensual I look more "innocent" rather than vixen-looking... just like my personality changed completely so did my apperance its like im a completely different person (due to religious reasons)... ill be honest though even though i have better morals now I miss the old me just because I was curvier and more feminine looking I was like very sexy... now im so simple and sweet but lost my sensuality so my curves kinda faded I guess the fact that I surpress my sexuality and now have a low sex drive i probably dont produce enough estrogen which makes the woman more feminine and curvy, .. I mean I was never sexually active BUT I had a high sex drive back then I was very hormonal...

• Style is in my genes. I got a little thinner that's about it. I'm more comfortable with my nerdiness. I'm a little more outspoken nowadays. I still don't really know how to do the insert picture thing but my appearance hasn't really changed too much.

• I think I look the sa...👀👀👀Gotttttttttt DAMNNNNNNNNNNN😍😍😍😍😍

• Awe you were adorable xD I'm still in high school, but when I was younger I would wear skirts and dresses, and I had an unhealthy love for the color pink. Now I wear black, and I always stick to my t shirts, jeans, and sneakers. I also ot purple hair as a sort of way to fit in here. It's a dramatic change.

• Oh bwahah! I am the same! (:

• Almost 2 years ago:
    http://imgur.com/yTdXUJL
    Have a good laugher. 😂

• I have changed since high school. I think I look better now. Back then I had a chubby baby face along with some baby fat and the 90s were brutal with some of the fashions. My grad pic I have longish dark hair with a big blonde streak on the side with blunt cut bangs. It looks terrible.

• I'm still in HS, but damn have you changed. Like, why can't I change like that? I'm just gonna stay like a toad my whole life probably.

• is that really you? like for reals? O--O
    well I have changed too.. I had short hair and bangs and never wore ant sort of makeup or girly stuff.. but I was always a thin girl.. and still am.. lol...

• Rather a lot. I'd have to dig up pictures though as they're buried on harddrive. Secondary school/high school me was still pretransition XD.
    So i can list all differences easily: longer hair, different facial structure, breasts, fat distribution acrss whole body, voice changes, loss of facial hair, thinning of body hair.

Oh and i think i shrunk a little. Is that odd? I thought people got taller with age.

• Holy fuck I almost don't believe this lol

Since high school I haven't changed much but its been a year lol. My hair is a little longer and I dress better. I'm gonna cut my hair and dye it soon though.

But since before high school? I changed a lot, but no pictures for you, lol

• I'm not posting pictures. But I did change some.

-more make up
    -just as many bun days
    -cuter clothes
    -more booty
    -less cleavage

• Nice changes! :) I've lost weight as well. I don't have any photos on me to share... and I'm not sure I'd want to. xD

• Well... I use to show a lot of cleavage in high school on purpose by wearing low cut shirts. It was so embarrassing and trashy, looking back at it. Yeah I have big boobs but that doesn't mean the whole world needs to see. So now I cover them up as much as I can. A little cleavage shows here and there but not as drastic as it use to be.
    Modest is hottest 💁🌼

• I lost 50 kg in 4 years time because of food allergies and hormonal imbalance. My old friends don't even recognize me anymore. Also I used to have a lot of acne and redness in my face. But right now, those are gone too.
    So yeah, I changed... a lot!!

• Ohh hell yeah lol I was a dark and limby duckling lol I started blossoming as a real girl when I was 17 I think.

• Dood! That's impressive. You're a hottie. I have no pics left alive from my highschool days.. but picture a short jet black pixie with bangs, emo makeup and all black clothes xD yeah it was bad xD

• More from Girls
    26

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 27

• This was from sophomore or junior year of high school. The only difference for me is that I was in the "growing long hair but still not long or short" phase haha

Oh, and uhh ignore the dead person xD
    http://i.imgur.com/jJatTVV.jpg

For comparison, my profile pic is pretty recent.

• http://i.imgur.com/W6clbdc.png
    LOL, dumb ass me taking the senior portrait high.

• Well when I was at high school I used to look like this..

http://i.imgur.com/E3v5Nwh.jpg

NOW I LOOK LIKE THIS...

http://i.imgur.com/3smstJi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/HYl69fn.jpg

Did I age well? LOL

• DAAAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMM WOULD GO GAY FOR YOU

• I changed a lot, as you can see below I was always ugly but when I was younger I was more xD. I was clearly much fatter than I am today when I was 16 than I am today. I think that the change was positive, physically I've never been better.

lh3.googleusercontent.com/.../16-22.jpg

• Wow, I almost dont even believe it you. You went from kinda awkward looking nerdy guy to rediculously good looking male model quality guy 😱

It also looks like you hair changed texture 😮

• I can't really dig up old pics now, but I can confidently say that my physical attractiveness doubled. Not that I'm 'attractive' now, but I was ugly back then, and I'm average now! :)

• Nah, I bet you looked good even as a kid.

• @IceEverest

Maybe because you're tall. Talk people don't appear fat. I'm just 5'7".

• Nah I am not tall. I am 5'8"... lol

• Hmmm... different haircut. Wider face, more fat, ( I was a scrawny dude) a lot more grey hair, and more wrinkles, less acne.

• Profile pic is me now. Behold high school / college me:

https://i.imgur.com/2VgkHD4.jpg

• aww so cute!, id be crushing on you :-p

• @sweettckae Sorry to disappoint but it's an illusion ;) They're green/grey -ish. Still, thanks :)

• lol okay, you're still very handsome. 😊

• Congrats to that huge change !

I can relate to you very well !!!

My face has become a lot more structured and I'm slowly starting to grow a beard meanwhile - I've changed to the point that I have people from the modeling business interested in me !

And by the way, working out makes a world of a difference ! Congrats on your great success there by the way !!! Keep it up !!!

• Well, it's been more than 10 years since I was in high school. Not that I was trying to, but I have packed on some pounds and in fact have gained more than 70 pounds since then. I certainly look like I have gained weight, but not that much. If anything, you probably would only think I gained 40 or 50 pounds. The first few years out of high school I was the same as I was in, as I kept somewhat in shape. So, I'm guessing if you don't keep working out, you eventually will bloat just like I did. I guess I should get back in the gym and get that physique that I had in high school.

• You've made a very good transformation my friend, fair play. I am definitely a lot better than what i used to be as well. I had the same glasses as you in the top left pic but had more of a milky bar kid look going on lol. Particularly happy at the fact that i have grown to be 6ft1, heights always an advantage. At the same time there's still room for improvement, id like to become more muscular as im quite a skinny guy for my height at the moment. Once i get my dissertation finished at uni ill be back at the gym all summer :)

• Not gonna lie, pretty jealous of your height :)

• I wouldn't worry about height if I looked like you 😂I'm sure women are falling on their knees for ya now. What height are you?

• Yes, your body on the whole does change after high school.

• No tan, was skinny like 110 lbs, shier than I am now (think I went every single day for those 4 years without saying a word to anybody, that's not an exaggeration either) Kinda nerdy acting. Today same height, weigh 160s slight tan, talk in person some I'm just real selective, would have never joined a site like this (too social, even as anon)

• You've matured well... not just in the muscle department, you've found a good look for your face and hair, too.

I show people pictures of me in high school and while I have aged 20 years, not that much has changed here, either.

• Major changes, basically everything lol

• when i was in high school i weighed 150 lb and 6 foot tall , when i was working i was up to 195 and mostly all muscle now i'm up to 215 and flab. i eat 1/4 of what i use to and a lot healthier but still cannt seem to get back down below 200

• I was 17 when I graduated highschool. I'm 24 now but I haven't really aged much since then; I look about the same. Must be the yoga keeping me young.

• You know, I've had the exact same proportions since I was 10. It's weird.

• I used to be thinner. Now I am fatter.

• Hey, you look like me in the top pictures!

• Your'e just a late bloomer like me bro

• i hit puberty

• yeah... I looks sorta similar but yeah way different.

• What is your age in the pics you posted?
    I always thought and noticed on others that working out actually changes the way your face looks, doesn't it?

• O wow you changed a lot! Wow. Lovely transformation! You could be a model now handsome face and great body.

• Yeah I'm like a different person... back then I was twice ma current weight actually... of course not gonna upload any pictures since people are gonna make fun of me about how I was...

But even if I wanted to post there're no pictures... I torn 'em all just in order to not remember how gross I was...