What would your reaction be if your ex ignored your text?

I know not everyone contacts their ex after breaking up, but some people do cause they either wanna know what's up, or they wanna remain friends.
So for those who do text or try to reach out to their ex, what would your reaction be if your ex ignored your text?

This happened to me last November, when an ex who I broke up with in May of last year, texted me and I just ignored her text, because I don't really want anything to do with her anymore. I know it's been a while, but now it just popped into my mind what she might have thought when I never replied.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bwahah this is so me atm x'D I
    I don't know, he's not ignoring me per se, but I definitely feel he's being extremely distant and cold. He's saying positive stuff, but I don't know, it's still very cold!
    Also it's weird but my messages on Facebook are not getting "delivered" lol they're just "sent" for whatever reason!
    Well, if he ignores me a bit at first I don't care haha I'm stubborn! Mkay if I want to hold on on the friendship, I won't give up! I will confront him and tell him about how I feel and ask him why he ignores me!
    He might think I'm being clingy but idc! That's what we said, we said we would remain friends forever, and I'll make it happen!

• oh Hun, don't do it :/

I mean, sure you deserve an explanation, but don't keep sending texts and sounding desperate

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe in texting exes. If they did ignore something I sent, I would be unsurprised and wouldn't think anything beyond that.

What Girls Said 19

• not sure if I would text an ex in the first place

it's like... ignore me once and you're dead to me lol

you have to be a special motherfucker to get a text from me if I was ignored once

let's say the person didn't reply for some time... then I'd block him/her and move on and never let myself be that stupid again

• I ignored my ex for a good year after we broke up. I don't too much care what he thought. He shouldn't have cheated

• As we all know I've never been in a relationship, but uh, I imagine my reaction would still be about the same as it is when someone I've had a... whatever... with ignores me:

At first, I let it slide for awhile. Like... maybe they're busy, I'm not a priority, they'll get back to me when they can. No biggie.

After about a week I get agitated and annoyed, a little insulted even.

After like a week and a half I'll shoot off another text but this one less curious and more "how fuckin' rude can you be?"

I don't know... I believe in being straightforward with people. So if you don't want me in your life anymore, or you don't want to talk to me anymore, or you're done messin around with me... then tell me.

Like yeah it's gonna suck and my ego will probably take a bruise or two, but it sucks a lot less when someone tells me they're not interested in knowing me anymore than it does when I get straight up ignored.

I don't think it's too difficult of a concept.

• Wait, you would send two texts?

1) "What's up? Blah blah blah whatever"

2) Wait 10 days.

3) "WTF how rude can you be?"

Did I read this accurately?

• @WhatTheHellAmy glad someone agrees👌🏻

• I am glad you made it clear, and it's a valid opinion, but I differ slightly in that I believe no one owes me anything. This might be because I happen to own a penis. I am not sure.

Just because I text someone doesn't make me entitled to time and attention from them. I mention my penis because a big man feeling entitled to female attention falls into rape culture, and while sometimes women rape men, I am not sure feeling entitled to a text from a guy is the same as a guy expecting a text from a girl.

• People get busy with other things in their lives, and I seem to fade away. It happens, I don't feel any strong emotion one way or another about it. We aren't together, we have no obligation to one another. If he ignores my text, oh well.

• I would be okay and hurt at the same time. It happens ):

• Yh true
      But as I hear it a lot if it's meant to be he will come back

• @skinningk20 I don;t know if he will come back. But it hurt... I'd probably cut contact... until I don't feel anything.

• I mean, I could understand. Some people just don't want anything to do with their exes once they're broken up, especially if it was a particularly bad breakup, as it hinders the process of moving on. If we didn't end on bad terms then I would be a little upset, but then it wouldn't bother me after a while.

• She was maybe a little upset or offended but since its months later I'm sure she doesn't think about it anymore. Although if you do text her back ever again, she will probably sudennly remember and ignore you in return.

• Lol yeah thats random. Well if my ex ignored my text, at first I would be pissed off and curse the living hell out of him by myself. Lol and somehow I find him ignoring my texts somewhat predictable. I mean... we're not a thing anymore, so what did I expect.

• Embarrassed. Embarrassed at myself for even texting in the first place, but I wouldn't feel hurt because it's to be expected.

• I wouldn't care since they have no personal meaning anymore.

• ignore them du

• depend if i don't love him anymore, I don't care at all if i love i ll just go wait for him at his door or his work

• Who cares... People who want to be in my life will be there. People who don't want.. NEXT

• I think its okay who gives a fuck

• I don't even care 😂

• Kick myself for texting them in the first place. Then I'd get even and cut them out completely.

• depends on if i still liked him. if i did, i would hurt for a while and get over it with time.

• Depends if his an idiot to brake up with me
    And He broke up so why should I talk to him anyways!

• i dont have an x or a y or a z so I'd be like "who are u"

What Guys Said 7

• I would just be all like "Eh... ok then. Whatevs. If you want it that way then fine by me."

Personally I don't think I would ever text an ex anyway.

• It depends on the relationship, how serious it was, how committed we were to staying in touch once it ended, etc. I think some people get busy, some are just bad at answering, and some people ghost you. Ghosting sucks, but I am learning to deal with it. It gets a lot of bad press, but really, who needs to hear or trusts the reasoning behind it when someone tells you they no longer want to see you?

• I wouldn't send message to my ex to begin with, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ignore it, I would.

• Hmm bummer and yet i would take it as a sign to move on

• I couldn't care less lol.

• I would assume she had moved on.

• Why do I have to have a reaction to that?

• Cause we have a reaction to everything that happens in life... -_-

• You had a reaction when you read this question, and that reaction was to answer it.

• If you play with semantics, then everything you do is a reaction. Our definitions of what a reaction is, differ a lot, in that case.