Do people really jerk off horses to get their sperm? For breeding and stuff?

Just... why?

Most Helpful Guy

• There are different ways including fake vaginas. Sometimes it's done by masturbating the bull. (I'm more familiar with cattle so I'll use a bull for an example)

Why? Because a smaller amount of semen can be used, and it can be sent by mail without the animals having to meet "in person". During artificial insemination the semen is placed right where it needs to go. So much less is needed. So instead of one bull using an entire load for one female, one load can inseminate a lot of different females who could be anywhere in the world.

Another reason, is that the bull needs time to recharge. But in commercial breeding, hormones are used to bring a lot of females into heat at the same time. A bull couldn't keep up with that. But if the semen is stored ahead of time then large numbers of females can be inseminated at once. It's just more efficient that way.

Most Helpful Girl

• Manually molest horses? NO

(Detailed answer instances of manual stimulation in last sentence)

Most farm animals are bred artificially, so, the sperm is collected and divvied out to people who pay for a specific sire's sperm.

Chickens typically breed naturally because 1) broilers are usually raised in mixed sex pens. However, I could see on a large scale operation, how AI for laying hens stock would be most economical.

Turkeys, AI because the toms are too big because of breeding and will crush the female.

Bulls are too expensive and dangerous and useless on a big dairy farm, so, AI.

Hogs, you usually have a male on site for show to entice the females and get the juices going and the actual sire of her offspring could be a prize specimen thousands of miles away, so, AI.

Horses, this really depends. In some instances, it's too big of a risk to hurt the female, but some people do let their pet horses breed naturally.

Dogs/cats, really depends. Some people might prefer AI for a show dog or it is needed because of distance but most backyard breeders let it happen naturally.

I think it's important to note that we've bred most farm animals to be less selective. So, he will breed with pretty much anything. And it's more about the shape for some animals than smell or sound (each prefers one more than the other and preference is also dependent on gender of the animal, ex) bulls may prefer sight over smell) So, a dummy is used, the male mounts the dummy and the sperm is collected (for most animals)

For chickens and turkeys it's best explained this way
    " Collecting semen from a chicken or turkey is done by stimulating the copulatory organ (the phallus) to protrude by massaging the abdomen and the back over the testes. This is followed quickly by pushing the tail forward with one hand and, at the same time, using the thumb and forefinger of the same hand to apply pressure in the area and to “milk” semen from the ducts of this organ."

What Guys Said 16

• Yep. I took a livestock class in high school and we took a field trip to the animal clinic. I grew up around farms a lot too but I never seen that before. We went to watch them get sperm from a bull for artificial insemination. What they do is get a heifer and put it in a type of stall to hold it still. They use some cow in heat sent to get the bull "excited", it then mounts the cow and just when it does, the vet or whoever slips a synthetic vagina onto the bulls penis and it collects the sperm, then it's done. I'd imagine the do horses the same way. There's lots of advantages to A. I. They can choose the traits they want in a person's cattle from across the country without having to move the livestock around and it's more successful that doing it the old fashioned way. They way that is done it the sperm is loaded into a long, thin syringe, about 12-18 inches or so. They wait for the cow to ovulate, then they stick it into the vagina just before the cervix and inject it in. Then about 280 days or so, they have a calf.

• I think you answered your own question?

• Not in the way a man does it.. The only time i ever saw something like that was maybe19 years ago, so my knowledge is very out of date. They had a mare available, and when the stud attempted to mound the mare, they pulled a switch, and stuck some kind of device that looks a bit like a giant fleshlight on him. That is how they collected it. I guess they figure they can impregnate multiple mares rather than doing it the natural way.

It was disturbing to watch, i felt kind of sick after.

• To put into red bull obviously.

• Because, depending on the horse, that stuff can get you lots and lots of money.
    Although there are obviously other, less lewd ways of getting it. :p

• Farming and animal husbandry is like that. I was shocked too when I visited my late grandparent's farm, but my parents left the farm (more automation means fewer farm labor needed), moved to the city and raised me as a "city kid".

• 0|0
  • what the... :/ where have you heard this?

• Because some horses can fetch 100's of thousands of dollars per ejaculation.

• 😶😶😶 ummm
    To give them some pleasure and to help them with stress 😂😂😂 LOL !

• Even horses get more action from women than male nice guys ha ha🐴👊🏻💦💦

• I've heard this, wasn't sure if its a myth or not though

• They do it to breed a horse that has good genetics for whatever the breeder intends.

• I don't jerk off horses for their sperm, I do it for the pleasure.

• That and bulls if it's a prize breed

• They don't, the horses are lined up to a artificial pussy fooling the horse is gonna mate. The horse them shoots

What Girls Said 8