Why do so many people hate on skinny girls?

I see skinny girls on here and other places get made fun of and told to gain weight and stuff like that but I don't get it. Unless she clearly has a eating disorder and is way too skinny then it's actually a good thing and healthier than being "curvy" (a. k. a. fat) so, why would you ridicule someone for being skinny and in good shape?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone is going to criticize everyone of different sizes, it's just the way people are, and I don't see why it's anyone's business regarding OTHER peoples bodies that isn't THEIRS.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 18

• Because it's generally more difficult to maintain a fit/skinny figure, so many who don't have that will try to justify their own not so healthy lifestyle by shaming those who are skinny, saying it 'looks bad'. (ironic, I know.)

• It's mostly just girls who do that. Because of jealousy.
    Lots of guys actually love skinny girls, or at least don't mind.

• I think a lot of curvy and overweight girls are hypocrites.

I'm naturally tall and skinny, I work out and I eat what I want, and I have never starved myself. Why are curvy girls allowed to love their curves but I should feel ashamed about my bones?

That's simply stupid.

• 0|1
  • Sometimes I think it's a cultural difference. African Americans and Latino culture view the curves as a sign of health and fertility.

Being ridiculed though, could be jealousy. It's happened to me numerous times. I can't control it anymore than they can, it's just how I'm built and how I'm supposed to look.

• I don't think they do. Some do, but those are either the people that are jealous or that honestly think that person is anorexic and has body image issues and needs to literally eat something healthy.

• No one hates skinny girls. Plenty of guys actually prefer them. While other guys might not. It all boils down to peoples preferences.

• Because no one is ever happy with anything.

• it's probably got a lot to do with the body positivity movement. it's not right to bash anyone, but the idea is that people should be attracted to people no matter what size they are. it's about changing the beauty standards to see larger persons as just as acceptable for dating as skinny persons. however, some people in this movement are taking things too far by trying to say your personal preference doesn't matter.

• I don't think I've seen somebody be criticized for being too skinny on this site but I see people get fat shamed a lot more.

• I would like to support anyone for receiving unwarranted hate, but I honestly don't usually hear much hate on skinny girls unless they are underweight and without curves. But it's usually comments out of concern I hear. My sister is very very skinny.

• There is a difference between curvy and fat.

• Most of the time there isn't. Curvy girls usually have a decent amount of excess fat around their hips, butt, and breasts. Having excess fat means you're overweight aka fat

• @Grungenoreos You don't need curves to seem attractive, trust me. My best friend is skinny and slim and she looks stunning. I wish I had her body seriously..

• Tell that to the guys in my school

• Out of jealousy, or because of the fact that curvy women and big butts are trendy right now, the skinny body type is now more associated with eating disorder and unachievable ideals.

• I think fat girls are hated on just as much.

• Yes but being fat is very bad for your health so it should be seen as a negative thing

• Being skinny is bad too

• Being skinny is a good thing. As you said ; if it isn't an illness than it shows that the person is healthy. Maybe the ones who hate them are just jealous.

• IT doesn't show that they're healthy!!! It just shows they're skinny. You can't judge a person's diet by how they look. That's absurd.

• Any doctor will tell you that just because a person is skinny does NOT mean they are healthy. You might not realize that a fat person can have a healthy lifestyle, lose 25 pounds and still be fat. So people will still judge and think they eat junk. That's why I say, you can't judge a diet by looks. You never know the story behind the person..

• Jealousy

• Haha skinny=good shape. Most of the s

• I got cut off... To answer the question: Jealosy maybe? Pure ignorance? Butttt I dont see skinny as good shape. Most of the skinny girls I know don't workout or eat healthy. They're naturally skinny, they have a fast metabolism, doesn't mean they're any "fitter" or "healthier" than a fat person who has that same lifestyle. A fit lifestyle is when you eat healthy and excersize on a regular basis no matter what body type you are. It's annoying when people equate being skinny with being healthy, not true. And I'm a lifelong skinny person saying this, I've had anorexic thrown at me, I look 12, some think I stuff my bra because im too skinny to have those boobs. Not a good thing, I know that life, but it's nothing compared to being fat because my best friend is fat, so I can easily recognize my privilege as a natural skinny person. Yes skinny people are ridiculed, but if we were to compare the extent and intensity, fat people are ridiculed wayy more

What Guys Said 11

• For me, it's because I find it ridiculous how skinny girls are glorified as "models" and "Victoria Secret Angels" and crap like that, even though I find none of them attractive physically primarily due to their physical structure.

I prefer girls to be a bit shorter but not as thin.

Modelling wants girls to be gigantically tall and stick thin.

The discrepancy is annoying. It's all to make it fair and make not-stick-thin girls realize that being stick-thin isn't something they should aspire to be, because it's not healthy and doesn't even look attractive.

• Skinny chicks are way better than fat ones lol

• People are insecure AF man. If I post a physique photo on here people will sit there and depict the most trivial of flaws and try to attack me with their little insults. Meanwhile the guy behind the keyboard saying that is a fat piece of shit. Fuck the haters brah. We all gon make it.

• Because they are fat and jelly

• If it's true, I don't understand it either. I like skinny girls.

• No hate , just a preference for more womanly features over pre adolscent bodies

• One word: Jealousy.

• Something you want to tell me? Warning: Jealousy may occur. XD

• @Smmyskittles, I'll keep going, darlin' :)

Umm... I was actually going to send you a #FlashBackFriday pic of me but since you want a food pic instead, I'll send you that :) I think it's much better than the steak that I sent you yesterday :)

• You're doing this on purpose. Just keep in mind, to be fair, any pic sent will be returned of equal value. ^-^

Food for thought lol

• Because they are not fat and only fat women are real women therefore skinny women are not real and no one likes dopplegangers.

• I don't think they do...

• I dont know why do girls ridicule short guys. I think every girl who fits the skinny description and who says she won't date short guys because she doesn't fell safe needs to be told she has the body of a prepubescent boy.
    If girls make short guys feel like crap, guys should make skinny girls feel like crap.

• It is also really hard for guys to be skinny. We get teased nonstop and everyone wants us to constantly be eating. O hey eat man. No thanks I just had dinner and my last friend made me eat half a pizza. Na eat dude your to skinny you need to eat. There is always someone who asks if you have an eating disorder.