The realest people dont have a lot of friends?

The realest people dont have a lot of friends?Do you believe that this is true? If yes, do you believe that the people who have a lot of friends are fake?

In my opinion there's some truth to it because it takes a lot work and time to build a friendship and to keep it alive. I think that most people who have a ton of friends are half-assing it and their friends are actually acquaintances. I am curious to see your thoughts.

• This is true and the people who have a lot of friends are fake
  • This is true and the people who have a lot of friends are not fake
  • This isn't true

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say that in my experience this is true, I used to be more popular and have a group of friends. They all turned out to be bed eggs and users. So I severed all ties with them. Now I only have one best friend, who I can actually trust. Quality is better than quantity.

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm, its true, although i wouldn't say fake - Some people just have a persona about them that pulls people in. It's the people that flock to them who see it as a friendship - the actual person see's them as acquaintances, so you can't really blame the popular guy for it.

I will say though I can count at most 10 true friends out of 50 or so i interact with constantly.

What Girls Said 9

• I agree. People who are transparent in showing their true self don't have a lot of immediate people to confide with.

The most outgoing people and popular people are less realer to their acquaintances than to the people they really consider 'friends'. You're right about most of their friends being mere 'acquaintances'.

• I don't think it's true every single time... I have a lot of friends but I don't think I'm fake, I'm diplomatic.
    It means that I know what to talk about and not to talk about with certain people, doesn't mean I am lying because I never do, but I try to avoid touchy subjects! :)

• There's a grain of the truth in those words. I've thought about it. So called friends are sometimes just good acquaintances.

• I honestly think this is true because it means they're not a people pleaser and will tell the hold hard truth. Which A LOT of people can't handle that kind of thing at all.

• there's a difference between having a lot of friends and having a lot of acquaintances u like interacting with.

• nah man. there is a sort of savoir vivre here: being pleasant, sociable, helpful, respectful etc...
    why make of someone an enemy, it just doesn t make sense.
    P. R is a form of power.

• yea in the end your close friends can be counted but that doesn t mean you shouldn t be friendly with everyone as long as you are correct in your actions and decisions.

• Or we're just dicks.

• of course, can't you see how a lot of people here try sooooo hard to be politically correct all the time instead of actually having an opinion?
    attention seeking lol

• 1000% true!
    I have experienced this first hand.

What Guys Said 14

• I'm an introvert and have only a small number of very intense friendships. When I was at university, I was more of a socialite (in comparison) and could spend the whole night just wandering around the club talking to my friends... but I didn't really know any of them as well as I know my current friends.

• Nope not entirely true. I think as people age the find their true friends and realize their fake ones. I have 2 close friends. I have a shit ton of other friends that I'll party with or see and buy them a drink or something. But I'm not telling them everything ya know?

• Your poll selections are terrible. Being real with little to no friends doesn't mean that the friends one use to have were fake they just weren't compatible with the individual's personality and thus results in them parting ways.

Imagine something you don't like the most that you've come across in your life.
    Would you hang out with this person? No and so won't other people but that person will have people that will because they like him/her for the way that person is and that's why they choose to stick around.

• I practically don't have any friends and I don't feel 'real'.

• Not necessarily. It could be true or not true, depending on the individual. Having a lot of acquaintances also requires good social skills, doesn't necessarily mean they are fake. These people tend to be extroverts, ie have strong Interpersonal Intelligence.

• I think there's probably some truth to it.

• This might be true, but I think it would be more accurate to say "people that put effort into connecting with another have more friend." I have many friends, some better than others. I don't search for friends but in general I try to connect and understand everyone I talk to. Which in the end makes people want to talk to me more, they ask questions, I offer opinions, and they search me out. Effectively friendships are made.

• Realest people are always in other people business, so it's hard to make friends if you're always putting your nose in someone else business.

• Tupac. Legend. <3

• I wouldn't take Tupac too seriously...

Plus, I believe he had a lot of friends called the "Outlaws,"...

• I'm real,
    I assume other people are real
    How is one person more 'real' than anyone else

• I guess you can be "unreal" by acting out of character just to be liked

• True spoken by a true scholar

• Doesn't matter.