How do skinny girls who drink Starbucks every day stay so skinny?

Seriously, you always see skinny girls drinking Starbucks like 2 or 3 times a day. How the hell do they stay skinny when those drinks are loaded with sugar and calories?

If I drank even ONE of those drinks I would gain like 5 pounds. Like WTF?

Most Helpful Guy

• Im guessing you weigh more than them and have more fat (no disrespect). People with more body fat have more fat cells so when you eat fat your body just sucks it up quicker. Its harder for them to since they have less. Once you body makes fat cells it can't get rid of them. Its called Fat cell hyperplasia. Thats why when a bodybuilder is bulking (getting bigger and inevitably they get some fat) they shouldn't get too fat so that they won't get too fat when they eat.

Also they may have faster metabolisms and may (or not) be more active than you, but since you actually asked the question im guessing you are active.

• Yeah, I work my butt off at the gym 3 times a week and try hard to eat a healthy diet. I'm not overweight but am definitely not skinny. I want to kick my metabolism's ass some days, lol.

• id say keep decreasing calories (count them) and maybe increasing training frequency (days you exercise) so that you lose 1-2 (over that is not healthy and is anorexic eating) and be patient until your desired physique (hopefully you dont look at too many stick figure models), not weight. AFTER you lose the weight you can have cheat days but try to stick to a healthy diet.

• thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girl

• This is such a good question though! I've wondered the same thing. And many of the same girls are drinking high calorie alcoholic beverages in the evening. Maybe they don't eat anything else? What are we doing wrong asker? Lol

What Guys Said 15

• High metabolism.
    Skipping breakfast and possibly lunch.

Mostly high metabolism and lucky genes though.

• Fast metabolism from genetics and working out
    And for some, that's half their calories for the day lol srs

• You seem them drink starbucks but what you don't see is what they don't eat or what they do after work.

• They probably don't eat much else, the caffeine in coffee is an appetite suppressant and the dairy/soy milk is filling.

• I went to college with typical slim beach bunny types of gals. Trust me, they don't eat much.

• These are the types of girls, when in a group of four, will all share one slice of cheesecake at a restaurant, or a plate of nachos after a night of drinking.

• Depends on what they're drinking. There's no calories in black coffee. If they are drinking a Grande Mochachocalatte with extra whip, fine, you don't know what they eat the rest of the day or if they run marathons on the weekend.

• Because Starbucks make shit coffee.
    How can they call that dishwater coffee and the staff are rude and not trained in how to make coffee.

• That's probably all they drink throughout the day and in reality they are starving to death

• GENES! You wither have it or you're fucked sorry girlie!

• Probably because that's all they ate/drank that day.

• well what we talking? Like an iced soy latte or that vanilla bean Frap sugar BS

• I mean Fraps and sugary shit like that.

• They work out.

• Order skinny/soy, sugar free syrups.

Source: I worked at and trained people to work at starbucks.

• by puking in the toilet right after.

• Maybe they don't eat food, just drink Starbucks.

• How do you know that they aren't drinking straight coffee?

• Because it comes in a clear plastic cup with whipped cream, that's why.

What Girls Said 8

• "If I drank even ONE of those drinks I would gain like 5 pounds."
    Why don't you start working on your metabolism? It can definitely get better

• That was a joke, but clearly I'm offending "skinny "girls who drink Starbucks, LOL.

• I drink Starbucks all the time, but in order to stay skinny if you want you have to walk a 3 miles to burn off that frappe.

• Probably because they don't eat or drink anything else all day and they're always busy and not laying around the house. I noticed that if i have a starbucks Frappe for a meal and don't eat anything afterwards, I lose weight.

• Maybe they work out like fiends. Maybe they have naturally fast metabolisms. Maybe that's all they ingested that day. Who knows? Just worry about you and your own health. Much easier.

• You would be surprised how much some skinny people can eat. I've had friends who were girls who ate constantly and never gained any weight. My boyfriend also eats like a pig and he never gains weight lol. I'm assuming it's metabolism.

• Fast metabolism. Or they run it off.

• They might have a fast metabolism or that is literally the only thing they consume during the day.

• They drink or eat nothing for the rest of the day lol