Are Canadians really that nice?

I've heard a lot about the friendly and nice people of Canada, they say sorry a lot and they help each other, and they say that they're way different from Americans, so i was just wondering if this is true?

and in this video asking both Canadians about Americans and Americans about Canadians

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been to Canada quite often in the past and my experience with the citizens of Canada has been nothing less than a pure pleasure. They've been the nicest, politest and most hospitable people I've encountered bar none! I wish more Americans would take after the Canadians. If it weren't so damn cold there in the winter I would actually consider moving there!

• exactly that's the only fact i hate about Canada but it's okay they usually have snow for 3 months in Saskatchewan (my uncle and cousins live there)... but i think it'll be a good experience for me there since i live in an almost desert country (I'm going to move there and stay with my uncle and cousins)

• Yeah that's going to be a big change. Some people like the cold weather and are OK with it. For me the cold weather has always brought pain and I just don't like being in pain, or cold either for that matter. I prefer a hot climate to cold!

Most Helpful Guy

• I have lived in the US for 2 years and I feel like most Americans are also very friendly and polite. The only place where I met tons of super grumpy people was New York City. Everywhere else (New England, west coast, southern states), people were very friendly and definitely more obliging/welcoming than here in Europe. They also said sorry a lot ;-).
    The thing about US-Americans is just that they tend to be very loud (and thus a little annoying) wherever you go. Like, when you're on vacation somewhere, you immediately hear the Americans in the crowd ;-). I think Canadians tend to be more European-like in this respect. They're more quiet and probably also a little more reserved than Americans.

• Thanks man, you gave me more than Yes or No

• oh, thank you for your sympathy and understanding bro, this world needs good men like you, and yes the only problem we have here is those religious extremists who want to destroy everything and force people to their beliefs, they're not even Muslims cuz the Quran says:( there's no force in religion, chapter 2, verse 256), personally i believe that religion is something personal... and sorry if there are some refugees who did bad things in your countries.

• Yes, I think the same way and thanks for apologizing but you don't need to. It's not any of your fault ;-).
      I really, really wish for the people of Syria and Iraq (and really, the whole middle east) that things will get more normal again and that the countries there can flourish and people can live there in peace and happiness. Afghanistan once used to be a popular tourist destination in the 1960s for young, western Europeans who were open-minded and kinda adventurous. It would be awesome if things could become that way once again...

What Girls Said 10

• No, I'm a total asshole.

• The people from there I've talked to have been fine.

• Yes, we are way nicer people.
    Why? I don't really know...
    But I''ve been to the states a lot and I find myself saying what the efff a lot while listening to some people and seeing some things.

• Canadians are all reincarnations of Jesus that grouped together, crossed the ocean from the Middle East, and then turned white. If you cut one of them open they have maple syrup in their veins, and then they heal automatically because they're just that awesome. They have red-green and pancake festivals where they drink shots of syrup and play ice hockey.

And Justin beiber being Canadian is a lie, he just squatted there after he crawled out the earth like a little goblin.

• I'm Canadian and I've been to the US (NYC) and I noticed a big difference in their attitudes maybe it's just there

• so Canadians are way friendlier?

• yea, if it was Americans they would say: hey watch where you going son of *****

• Not the ones that I met

• Just like down south we have some assholes up here to.

• I can't say anything bad about the Canadians that I have personally met.
    So far, so good.

• They're American but less racist

• No they're not

What Guys Said 15

• I went on vacation there once and this guy working at the resort asks me where I'm from (most of them were my age) and When I told them America they went "OOOO Merica Eyyyy. Oh it waas tooo cold foor my caar to start so I took my mooose!" And his friend was like " Yea, I had to take mine too, can't wait to ride home, I'm making an addition to my igloo"

• Studies have concluded that the great majority of Canadians are preoccupied with their own feces.

• Yup, they punch you in the face and go "im sorry eh?" lol jokes aside, the Canadians I've met were pretty cool and friendly, im sure not all are because no matter where in the world you will always find an ahole or a herd of them, but I've met plenty of kind and cool Canadians

• We have rehab centers popping up to take care of the issue. Our niceness can sometimes get us into trouble

• You seriously are the worst person on this site.

It's disgusting how you remove every single opinion against you.

You definitely do not deserve the power you take for granted.

• Generally I think we're a little friendlier, not that big a difference though. Still plenty of assholes.

• I've met two, and one was my overworked and underpaid GCSE maths teacher who hated his job and children moreso.

• The Canadian guys that join the Counter Striker server I play on are ass hats. They run their month continuously saying so much ignorant shit, insult random people on their team, blame people for their own mistakes, and just generally suck.

• Sounds like an exaggerated joke to me but who knows? I have not been there.

• Not as nice as in the first video but we are seen as more polite as Americans.

• No. Go to Quebec and see for yourself.

• No. They're aggressive

• If you ever watched snowcat on youtube you'd know that not all Canadians are that nice.

• No. It's a stereotype.

• As a Canadain and it's about 75% of use are

• i was in mexico on holiday last year and this Canadian guy started up a convo with me, from what i gathered from him was that he was generally nice and peaceful but hated americans lmao

• yeah, i don't know why they hate Americans so much

• he said they both hate each other just as much